“Fantastic experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nottingham
Restaurant Sat Bains with Rooms
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went with my family to Sat Bains restaurant on 2.3.13 for lunch at the Chef's table. It is simply the most amazing dining experience I have ever had. From the moment we walked into the building we were looked after. John and Tom, who cooked our 7 course tasting menu, were so friendly, informative, welcoming and as for the cooking and food itself - incredible. Sat then came and chatted to us which was the icing on the cake. I cannot recommend this experience enough, just go and enjoy - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank l1zz1e

Reviewed March 3, 2013

i have eaten in some top restaurants ,i really love my food ,last night 02/03/2013 I ate at Sat`s i had the ten course unique menu which means you pick the ingrediants a month earlier,and .As for the bad reviews on here you know nothing,you cannot afford this everyweek,but do the beautiful restaurant.experiance if you enjoy quality in everyway food,wine ,staff also a then Sat and his team prepares you a 10 course taster menu .i also had the wine package, what can i say the food was the best i have ever tasted and explained by first class staff.Every course just blew me away ,the finest of fine dining that i have experienced, Also as the wine was delivered to the table with each course and explained by yet again such quality staff

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mork1962
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have never been to the Sat Bains restaurant, and It is a fellow restaurateur who shared the link, and I would like to express my upmost gratitude to the owner! I myself am a restaurant Manager, and honestly to all dinners... can you not just simply tell the staff that something is wrong when they come and check up on you..?! Sadly like many others I do not understand the joys of being sly and dismissive and feeling the need to write a dark sinister fiction online (there are loads of creative writting courses available in case)..... . just enjoy your meal...! And be honest! Mille merci Mr. Sat Bains !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked for my husband and I, for his birthday. From the moment we arrived we loved it. Nothing was too much for the staff. Great food, great ambience made by very professional people. Thank you so much for a fantastic night. We cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Emseybobs
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We booked "Package 3" at Sat Bains restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. The experience was worth every penny. We loved every bite from the 7 course tasting menu and added two extra courses - Sat's signature 62 deg Duck Egg and a cheese course. We found the staff knowledgeable and friendly. The wine waiter was especially good. The room was comfortable and quite cosy (Room 1). Admittedly we will have to save up for a while to repeat the experience - but we surely will. Thanks Sat and Amanda.

1  Thank george_lyn
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'm just reviewing the hotel not the restaurant, though the two are so intrinsically linked (I can't imagine anyone staying who isn't eating there) that it's hard not to take account of the fantastic quality of the restaurant. We were welcome by the man himself - Sat Bains - at reception which was a nice touch. I had imagined he'd be too ensconced in the kitchen to carry out the more prosaic duties. He's a lovely chap - which became clearer when we were (like everyone else I think) invited back to meet him in the kitchen after our meal.

Ordinarily I would never give 5 stars to a hotel with such a depressing location - the view is of pylons and a dual carriageway, and it's down a lane forming part of an industrial estate. That said, it's a little oasis of calm and luxury with very friendly service and a really comfortable room. It's got the huge added advantage of the breakfast as part of the price - I've never had such a good full English in my life!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Both my husband and I enjoy fine dining and have eaten in a few Michelin star restaurants, including Le Gavroche and Purnells. I have to say that Sat Bains is right up at the top of the list! Wow! What a fabulous experience, fantastic ambience, wonderful staff, and the food was out of this world. The whole night was one to remember and was topped off by being invited into the kitchens and meeting the Head Chef, who took the time to explain how they were run. We were then greeted by Sat who I have to say is a really nice, down to earth guy and finished off our evening on a high. Thank you all, we shall definitely be back and will recommend to all our friends!

1  Thank Sheaddie