“A great hotel in Nottingham”

Premier Inn Nottingham Castle Marina
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This definitely doesn't feel like a budget hotel - lovely room, spotlessly clean and very spacious and quiet. All the staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Pleasant location. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 24, 2013

When we arrived, we were informed that because a recent change in providers the wifi would not work very well - it didn't work at all. I had more luck latching on to Holiday Inn across the road!

It's not a picturesque part of Nottingham but this is not a problem if you're there for a short stay. It's near a Sainsbury's and plenty of restaurants if you want to look further than next door to Beefeaters (there you will find free wifi). You can walk to Nottingham Castle along the canal which is pleasant.

The usual Premier Inn standards apply - decent breakfast, good service, curtains that keep the light out. However, one night we were woken up after 1am by rowdy neighbours next door. Premier Inn refunded that night which I appreciated.

By and large, my stay was alright but to me wifi is extremely important and one of the reasons I chose this place so it was a frustrating stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here for a night on business.

Room spotless, very quiet, plenty of free parking.

Beefeater next door was very good as well, both for an evening meal and breakfast.

City centre is walkable in less than 15 mins.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank proffitt76
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great Premier Inn , as always, and by far the quietest I have ever stayed in, fantastic, didn't hear a sound inside or out!! Lovely reception staff too, was staying with a friend who had to attend a hospital appt./procedure and I ended up returning for the 2nd night alone as my friend had to stay in hospital overnight. the gentleman on reception was so nice, chatting to me and helping me calm down after a stressful day and organising a taxi for me for the next day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hotel spotless, pub was very nice only thing I did not like was when we arrived to have lunch, we're shown to a table, I said politely I do nt want to sit there, so the guy pointed to another ( as if your sitting here!!!). I just like to walk around an choose my own table.
Next morning for breakfast same thing happened choice of 2 tables when there was about 40 that were free. I pulled my chair out to sit down an the lady was asking me what I wanted on my cooked breakfast (talk about a rush job) I said I don't know I would like 10 mins first before I choose, she asked me 3 times in the next 5 mins if I was ready to order ffs . All in all I hate at the pub twice but I still don't know what's its like inside apart from the area I hate??
Apart from not being able to chill everything ok

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a lovely stay at this Premier Inn when visiting Nottingham.
The staff were very friendly and booking in was quick.
Our room was large and spacious,with a large comfortable bed,plasma television on the wall and tea and coffee making facilities.The bathroom was clean and the water in the shower was lovely and hot.The adjoining restaurant was a Beefeater,the service was very quick and the food was lovely and hot.The Premier Inn breakfast were just as good where you could eat as much as you like of the continental or premier cooked breakfast.The restaurant staff were also very friendly and only to happy to help.
Although this Premier Inn has a restaurant,there is also a Pizza Hut across the road.
The hotel is situated by a marina and is about half a mile from the city centre,so is situated well if you wish to visit Nottingham.
We would certainly visit this Premier Inn again if visiting Nottingham.
Another great Premier Inn stay.

Room Tip: I would recommend you book a table in restaurant as it can get busy. There is disability parking ne...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Warhammer World with my 11 year old son.
The hotel was clean, reception staff were incredibly helpful, breakfast in the Beefeater next door was worth every penny - so much choice and first rate produce.
Free car parking and so handy for WH World and Nottingham - all a short drive or 20 minute walk along the canal away. A taxi into the city centre cost £4 but with a choice of pubs, Pizza Hut, MacDonalds, Sainsburys supermarket all less than five minutes away from the Premier Inn.
And it was so quiet. We both slept through and despite the freezing conditions outside we were warm as toast in our room.
Fresh linen and towels both nights
Will be coming back for our next visit in October.

Room Tip: We were on second floor overlooking car park and not disturbed by anyone
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family