1,381 results
All reviews ramada hotel city centre car park q park pre book royal concert hall royal centre talbot street good size excellent location limited parking on site parking tram stop air con reception staff buffet breakfast one way system
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2019

I think that, if an hotel is undergoing some refurbishment, it would be nice to be informed of this at the time of booking in order to assess whether to look at alternatives. We weren't informed and therefore arrived to find that a temporary reception had been set up and limited lift access was available. It hardly set the mood for the stay to have to endure this less than auspicious start.

Whilst the room had everything that we would have expected, it wasn't really particularly attractive or especially pleasant. It wasn't even all that clean.

Hotels have changed in recent years, but it was still a little surprising to find that the restaurant (other than for breakfast) is only available for food delivered in from Deliveroo from one of a small number of selected local restaurants.

The location of the hotel is certainly a real plus as it is very central. Maybe it will be a more pleasant place to visit when the refurb is finished.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jeremy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

Hi Martin

Thank your for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We are now nearing the completion of the New Reception and Lounge bar which should open early April.

Reviewed March 22, 2019

Fabulous location. Lovely front of house staff.

You have to pay extra for parking (not clear on booking.com). At night, the noise coming from the bars/clubs below is almost intolerable. Drunken behaviour and screaming/shouting all throughout the night and well into the following morning. Then at 7.30am they began their maintainence work to the new reception and started drilling. No sleep and then a three hour drive home. Reception staff were delightful, however they were very unconcerned about our noisy night. I feel this is because they must hear it from customers all the time. What can they do about it? Not a lot.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank johnnyboats
Jeremy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2019

Hi Jonny

As we are a city centre property street noise can occasionally be heard, we do have double and triple glazing were permitted but I apologise if this affected your visit.

The new lounge bar and reception is due to be opened within the next couple of weeks.

We have parking charges listed on all third party online sites but again I apologise if you felt this was not very clear.

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great location, comfortable rooms and spotlessly clean, staff were very friendly and helpful, would not want to stay anywhere else on our next visit to Nottingham , didn't eat at this hotel but restaurant looked lovely and once again very clean and inviting, secure luggage store is always a plus point for me will definitely return in the near future,

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jeremy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Thanks Mobah

Its great to read your review and I will pass on your kind comments to the Team.

Cheers Jeremy

Reviewed March 18, 2019

I staid at the hotel on the night of 6th of March. pleasant staff at check-in, and the room interior was fine (my room was renovated). but I realised very early that the windows were offering no sound isolation against the pedestrian crossing's regular beeping at the traffic light just beneath my room...
Then came the real issue... the fire alarm went on 4 times between 23.00 and 02.00, every time by mistake (supposedly due to renovation works below the hotel), screaming every time between 10 and 30 seconds !!... Needless to say that this was a bad night.. By the 4th time, you just expect it to happen again and don't go back to a good sleep...
Upon check-out the morning after, all the staff did was to offer apologies, but when asking for a compensation, they said they were not responsible and could not do anything... For me the hotel management had several hours to review the issue and could have been proactive in the morning in approaching guests with a nice gesture (financial or else) in order to "ease the pain"...
Morale of the story, I'm a business traveler who will look for other alternatives on my next trip to Nottingham...

Room tip: Stay away from low floors close to the traffic light outside in the street !
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jeremy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

As the Team mentioned the issue with the alarm was caused by a building attached to the hotel, it is a legal requirement that our alarms are linked as they are located under the hotel and as such is out of our control.

If you would like to contact me directly I can pass you the there contact details.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed March 17, 2019

All staff were very helpful and quick at checking me in and out. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean, very attractive and comfortable. The Best Western is ideally situated near the city centre and my stay was for Rock City/Tap n Tumbler/Albert's which were a couple of minutes walk. I will stay here again and again on my regular visits to the city for rock concerts etc

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jeremy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I'm glad to read the team looked after you and the room was spotless.