“Rude and arrogant” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lindum House

Lindum House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nottingham
Lindum House
Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Manchester
“Rude and arrogant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

I booked in several weeks ago as we were going to watch England V Pakistan at the cricket.
When I spoke to the owner he explained there was a cancellation policy of 24 hours before.
I contacted at 9.30 am thurs morning to cancel due to myself and partner having the flu! (we were due to arrive Fri at 10.00 pm)
I was met with the most rude and arrogant response, advising he would have to charge as he could have let the room several times over three of these calls were friends of ours that we gave his number to . i explained I was within the cancellation time and he would not have a problem reletting the room as accomodation was scarse in Nottingham. If he does charge my card I will be contacting my solicitor!
I will never ever recommend or stay here at any cost. Please beware!

Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2008

Whilst travelling from Liverpool to visit my daughter, who is studying in London, I decided to stop off in Nottingham overnight. I found this delightful bed and breakfast on the internet and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. The house itself was very impressive and an excellent example of unspoilt Victorian architecture. The room was very well appointed with everything provided to make my stay comfortable and I was made to feel very welcome by the landlord.

I was travelling alone so I was pleased that I was not charged a supplement (as I have been elsewhere) and for £40 I was able to park my car, stay within 10 minutes walk of a vibrant and exciting city and get a comfortable nights sleep.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Lindum House to my friends and I look forward to my next opportunity to enjoy the experience again myself.

• Liked — Location. The house and room. Car parking.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank jimi1542
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2008

We found very good facilities in our room with a nice view of the park across the road. Free off road parking was a real boon, as we have spent quite alot of cash on city centre parking. Trams are great, and there is a stop close by. My partner particularly liked the look of the house and our room, a very pleasent change from the same old travel lodge decor.

Owners very helpful. Even got a lift to the event I was attending! which was a pleasent surprise. Also they have a freindly german sherperd, as a cannine lover this a big plus.

Highly recommend Lindum House. Go there you will like it.

Wes and Tash

• Liked — The room decor and facilities
  • Disliked — No SKY+! ... (good I say))
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScotlandWest
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

The rooms look right over a busy road...trams, people talking, cars etc - and non-stop too. The continual loud noise levels kept me awake the whole night. Breakfast was a help-yourself effort - a few things left out in the kitchen. It felt completely like I was staying in someone's house and they couldn't be bothered to make the effort with my being there - that I was paying to crash in their spare room, rather than be a client in a B&B business.
I would not recommend this if you are looking for somewhere quiet and peaceful.

• Liked — nicely decorated bathroom
  • Disliked — impossible to sleep through noise levels from rowdy street. bad hospitality from owners.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

My family and i stayed at Lindum House for one week in May of this year,The location is delightful.opposite a gorgeous park and conveniently close to city centre,We were received by the proprietor.Mr McHugh..in the most charming manner,Our two rooms were truly comfortable and we were accordrd every attention,My colleagues here in Stockholm will be visiting Nottingham University in October and have been advised to stay at this lovely piece of Britain,
As the Governor of California said,"I´ll be back",
George Hebb email address: georgedharma@bredband.net

• Liked — atmosphere and service
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

I booked a twin room for the night of Monday 26th May, my credit card details were taken and booking confirmed. At 19.30 on Friday 23rd I received a call from the guest house telling me that they had double booked and my reservation was cancelled. As this was a Bank Holiday, and with two big events taking place this weekend in Nottingham, it was unthinkable that a respectable hotel or B & B would act in such an unprofessional and unprincipled manner. This left me in a very distressing situation, as I had an important interview arranged for May 27th and could find no-where to stay at this very late time with the Bank holiday having already begun. I phoned other establishments without success and was given numbers by proprietors of other hotels who sympathized with the predicament that I found myself in due to the incompetence of the staff or owners of Lindum house. Finally I found a hotel with a twin room available, but not in the area I had wanted and at a higher cost. I booked this as I was left with no alternative at this very late hour. Later that evening, I receive yet another call from Lindum house to offer me a twin room, they had apparently asked another guest to vacate and move to the basement. I refused as I had now made another booking and understandably felt very let down and disappoint by the treatment I had received from Lindum house. I was also shocked that another guest was asked or told to move. I suggested to them that they should make good by meeting the extra cost of the new booking, which I had been forced to make due to their mistake. Still later..I received a very offensive phone call from the proprietor's wife, who insisted that it was their legal right to cancel any booking and that I was in fact, the one at fault. They refused blatantly to make any effort to compensate me for their mistakes. It may well be within their legal right.....but what of , integrity, fairness and common decency. The proprietor's wife ended by telling me that it was her house and she could do whatever she wanted......

Stayed May 2008
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2005

Lindum house is really self catering appartments within an impressive Victorian house.

My wife and I stay there often since it is far less claustrophobic and more interesting than a hotel, and at a pretty reasonable price. There is secure parking and access to the city centre is easy, either walking or taking the tram that runs past the door. Breakfast goodies are provided in the room and there are facilities to cook for oneself, at least on a modest scale

Things are a little quirky however. In one room the double bed has two single mattresses which is uncomfortable. The showers can be a bit of a law on to themselves, the TV pictures rather fuzzy and the self catering facilities vary in quality between the rooms.

If you are looking for a luxury B&B, particularly for a short stay, this isn't the place. However if you want some where with plenty of space, some atmosphere, where you can settle in and generally be left to your own devices then I would recommend Lindum House.

• Stayed April 2005