“Nice hotel, great location, bargain.”
Review of Park Hotel

and 1 more site!
Park Hotel
Ranked #41 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
London
“Nice hotel, great location, bargain.”
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I recently spent two nights at the Park Hotel and would certainly return. I booked the ‘extra small room’ for the amazing price of £25/night (without breakfast) and it was great. Good décor, nice furnishings, new bathroom, good value for money. I would recommend the extra small room for a single female who wasn’t really planning on spending much time in the room other than changing/sleeping. It is tiny as is the bathroom and I doubt a man would be able to manoeuvre around it comfortably. However, it was just what I needed. The hotel is in an excellent location for getting to the town (either walk or tram) and is only a short cab ride away from the Nottingham University Park campus.

My only bad points about the hotel were that the reception area and staircases looked a bit shabby (I didn’t mind as I was only paying £25/night but they have more expensive rooms too which if you were staying in them you would not really expect that type of foyer). The other, was that unfortunately, when I went into the bathroom I thought I could smell urine. Thinking perhaps maybe because the bathroom didn’t have a window that it was just a bit musty I decided to forget about it. Only later did I discover someone had not flushed the loo before I arrived…goodness knows how long it had been there; yuck.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend the ‘extra small room’ if you were visiting friends staying at the university or just need to crash somewhere clean and cheap. I will be returning.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
uk
Reviewed May 9, 2009

We stayed at Park hotel for 2nights but we wish it could have been more. We loved that hotel. We were upgraded from standard double room to SUPERIOR room what was brilliant. The room was big with the biggest bed I ever seen and so comfy. The big LCD TV was great and decor very funky. I was impressed with decaf tea and coffe in the room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. English breakfast was really tasy, such a big portion...yummy and great chocolate croissants!! The girl on the reception gave us parking permit when we arrived so we could park anywhere around the hotel. We had really nice time in Nottingham and our stay in the hotel was really enjoyable. We deffinately coming back soon!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We drove in from London and were given very good directions to find the hotel. The room was a good size for us (my Mum and me), and the bathroom although small, was clean. The service was not friendly, but it was very polite and helpful. Wifi was great, as was the breakfast. For those driving there is parking on a nice quiet road, which felt very safe. Across the road is the Arboretum which is flowering right now and is absolutely gorgeous. The only thing I would mention is the size of the shower stall, I am 5'10" and average weight, and it was pretty cramped, but workable. Other than that, the location, price and comfort factors make this a place I would recommend for a short stay in Notts.

• Stayed May 2009
delhi
Reviewed April 28, 2009

This holet is the pefect place for someone to have a nice, quiet and relaxing holiday in the beautiful town of nottingham.The size of the bathroom is a small drawback but the bed will make waking up in the morning tough.The stay was very relaxing and quiet, it was just what was needed.

• Liked — the bed was very comfortable
  • Disliked — there are a lot of stairs
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 20, 2009

This hotel is reasonably priced, so not at all a rip off, but I found it depressing and quite alienating. My double room was really cramped, the ensuite more than cramped - claustrophobic. Full English could have been great but it was cooked in old, old oil. My phone didn't work, there was no milk or creamer with the coffee equipment.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Aldershot
Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stayed at the Park Hotel for a long weekend up in Nottingham. It's a quaint place with a lot of character, despite getting lost on the way and driving through town it was actually very central and excellent value for its location. Having a parking permit and not having to spend huge amounts of money in City Centre parking is also a bonus.
I would say if you're given room 23 then ask for another one, we weren't too fussed as we weren't in there that much, but it has a fire escape door (!) in the room and a glowing emergency light/sign! But we did have a big Bathroom and a nice Bath/Shower, toiletries were good and decaf teabags being avaliable impressed the other half!
Overall I liked the place, would recommend it for a stay again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
midlands
Reviewed March 13, 2009

Upon arrival the staff informed us that we would have to give our card details and that they would be taking out £5 which they would deduct from our room service. When we tried to find out why, or more importantly, if we would be getting this £5 back, we were greeted by very bad English and lots of "hmm, err's", as the staff were Polish. Not a problem in itself, but a problem if there is bad communication as there was in this instance.
The shower had no hot water, so we had to take a cold shower, which VERY quickly overflowed and made the en-suite (which was the size of a caravan bathroom) a deathtrap. There wasn't enough towels to mop it up, so we had to use our used clothes.
The radiator also didn't work, so it was very cold in the night. The view from the room was of a wall that you could just make out through the grime.
The location was great for nottingham, but as it's a 3* hotel, I was dissapointed, I've stayed in far more luxurious and cleaner places in Blackpool, which says something!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple