“Nice hotel, blighted by Nottingham's obsession with discouraging cars”

Park Plaza Nottingham
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Taunton
“Nice hotel, blighted by Nottingham's obsession with discouraging cars”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very pleasant and welcoming reception and nice rooms. I'd advise you avoid staying in Nottingham however, unless you have to, because of the anti car attitude there. I find it intolerable that it costs almost £20 to park overnight in a dirty and grim multi storey car park which is about the only choice there is. Nottingham is a smallish provincial town and overnight parking should be free or much cheaper if they want to encourage visitors.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you found the team to be pleasant and welcoming plus you liked our rooms.
The NCP do offer a discount to £8.50 per night if you are a Hotel guest, we also offer a valet parking service and this is £15 per night but you have the option of your vehicle being valeted too if you wish.
If you stay in Nottingham again, I hope you choose us.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just got back from stay at this hotel quick check in and out room very clean tv needs updating hadexecutive room but the bathrobes very poor quality and no extra toiltries . Breakfast buffet style plenty of choice but dining room needs updating and was a hectic felt rushed.the hotel very central and for price we paid £72 not bad .

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to know that you had a great stay and found the room to be clean.
I am sort that you found the bathrobe to be of poor quality; I will pass your comments on to out head Housekeeper who will then address this with our Linen contractor.
Our Breakfast is very busy at weekends; I hope you got everything you needed.
As you enjoyed the location, I hope to welcome you back soon.
Nottingham. England
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a stag weekend, good location, decent standard of accommodation.

Check in was quick and efficient and the hotel has a bar that doesn't shut until late.

They do room service but I didn't have it so couldn't comment on quality etc

All in all a good place to stay for a night on the town, would recommend it for that alone

• Stayed March 2013
I am delighted to know that you had a great stay with us and found the Hotel to be in a good location.
I am also pleased to hear that you took advantage of our Chino Latino cocktail bar being open late.
Its great that you will recommend us and will be happy to stay with us again; we hope to welcome you back soon.
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here on a Friday night and got a deal through lastminute.co.uk for an upgraded room and breakfast. I have to say that the hotel was fantastic and the room was better than expected, however on the Saturday morning the breakfast was an absolute shamble. It's a buffet style breakfast for approx £15 each but for the amount of people in the restaurant the cooked breakfast wasn't being served quick enough so we ended up queuing for ages and just getting one sausage, on rasher of bacon, one fried egg etc because of getting fed up of waiting. You have to order poached eggs or scrambled eggs, which we did and they took 25 mins to come and they were still under cooked. We got sat on a communal table with strangers because there was nowhere else to sit, there was no cutlery on the table. The coffee jug only just filled both our mugs. There were other guests being seated at tables that still had dirty plates on them. I've had better breakfasts at roadside cafes than here.
I would definitely stay here again though, but next time I would probably walk 30 seconds in to the centre of Nottingham and find a nice little cafe for breakfast at a more reasonable price. Maybe the manager of the Park Plaza needs to go for breakfast at a Premier Inn and see how to do it a little better and more organised.

• Stayed March 2013
I am pleased to hear that you liked the Hotel and would stay with us again.
Please be assured that your experience during breakfast must have been a complete on off and this is not a true reflection of your Breakfast.
Should you stay with us again, please contact me directly and I will ensure everything is perfect for you.
Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed here many times and apart from the time I was given a double room with very little space I have been very happy to come here.
The executive rooms are very nice and roomy and the bathrooms very good also. The bathrooms are a bit weird in design and have a lot of glass/perspex so that everything looks sort of 'see through' and in fact one time I stood up in the bathroom and clunked my head on the hard surface due to not seeing it properly.
The pillows can be a bit soft and sometimes noise can be heard from nearby clubs depending on the room, but it is a handy location for the city centre and is therefore recommended.

Room Tip: High floor executive room is recommended
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I am pleased to hear that you like the location of the Hotel and find our Executive rooms to be spacious.
Please let us know on your next visit if you would like non feather pillows and we can arrange this if find the feather ones to be too soft.
We hope to welcome you back soon!
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I chose Park Plaza for my one night only trip to Nottingham based on it's star rating and central location. Park Plaza has central location nailed down! The car-park across the street is fantastic, the one block walk to the market square, the complete centrality to everything! It was awesome! More good stuff to say about it, it was immaculate. Clean as a whistle. The hotel is very modern with lots of glass and shiny tile and I didn't see muddy footprints even though it was rainy, no soap scum or water spots in the bathroom, no gross spots in the carpets. The cleaning crews know their business. Gorgeous. I say so very close to perfect and not perfect because while the cleaning crew is spot on, the maintenance guy is not. The lobby on the 9th floor, upon exiting the elevator, for example, has loose floorboards (or something loose) underneath the carpet. Additionally, in the bathtub in my room was a ring attached to the wall that probably used to hold the hand held shower sprayer. A new one (a very nice one) had been installed but the old one was left, with the screws falling out. It's very minor things like that preventing me from labeling the Park Plaza as perfect.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the main road, so lower rooms probably have a lot of road noise. On the 9th floor I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I am disappointed that we didn’t quite reach perfect but I love your comments about the housekeeping team, this is very motivating for them and we will pass on your very nice comments too them.
In terms of the 9th floor, I will have this looked into; I believe the carpet has slightly lifted due to the cleaning of it, we are hoping to replace the carpets soon and they are on our capital plan to do so. I will also try and identify the room you are speaking about in terms of the shower and get this rectified.
I am pleased you will stay with us again and hope to welcome you back soon.
Newcastle
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked at the Nottingham Plaza before we checked TA and then saw some
the reviews were not that positive

We arrived mid afternoon and the 1st impression was not good
the building is very 1970s office block and very much much in need of a good clean on the outside and standing right beside it 2 tower cranes and a massive building project

So we were very surprised that once we stepped in to the hotel
the welcome was warm
the room was really good (504) rear
a bed I could have picked up and taken home it was so comfortable
the bath room was spotless as was the whole room

A good nights sleep and a wonderful breakfast with good tasty fare not the cheap stuff you get in some places
very pleased
We would stay again

Room Tip: rear rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Park Plaza Nottingham is a converted BT building but inside it is the contemporary feel we are proud of and I am so pleased to hear you received a very warm welcome.
It’s also great to hear you had a good nights sleep in one our very comfortable beds.
We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.