“Pure Excellence”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Taunton
“Pure Excellence”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My stay in the Park Plaza could not be improved. I was delighted with the helpfulness of all the staff during my stay.

I left my slippers behind when I checked and the staff posted these on to me immediately.

Excellent

Room Tip: Use the Valet Parking without hesitation. Very useful in this location
1 Thank DavidStewartKelly
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read your review about how excellent the team are and am pleased to hear your slippers left behind were return to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Scotland
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for work and the service was excellent from start to finish. The room was very large and had great bed and very clean bathroom and excellent shower. Room service was efficient, however i did not love the Lasagne !! Really modern hotel in central Nottingham will certainly stay there again. Reception staff were very helpful and even resorted to standing in the November morning flagging me down a taxi !! great hotel

Room Tip: Any room looked nice!
Thank you for your review.

It is nice to read a good review; I am pleased to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and it was fresh and clean. I will feedback to the Chef about the Lasagne I am sure this is a one off experience as I only tried the Lasagne just a few days before you posted your review.

It’s always nice to hear that the Reception team went above and beyond to flagg you a taxi.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very pleasant stay staff were very well mannered and helpful given us directions for out day out in city center. i would recommend this hotel to many.
There was no on site parking and had to go around the iland and back on ourselves to get to parking area , but it was well worth it for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I booked superior but upgraded to executive on arrival
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

It is pleasing to see that you have enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that you found the staff to be helpful and polite. We share our reviews with the team each morning so thank you for such a positive review.

I trust we can welcome you back soon.

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Good location, although the lack of complimentary car parking is a negative. The bedroom was great however at no stage were we advised that a major building project was going on at the rear of the hotel - the ear plugs provided by the side of the bed indicates its not going to be restful! Granted they don't start until 8.00 am but if you want a lie in you have to plug your ears in. Good breakfast and nice lunch in chino latino but won't be rushing back.

Room Tip: Would ask for front road facing room if you want a lie in!
1 Thank debsywalker
Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to hear that you will not be rushing back to stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed Breakfast and the food in our Chino Latino Restaurant. There has been minimal disruption to the Hotel in terms of the building next door and have strict times to work in consideration for our guests. You may be pleased to know that the Hotel will acquire parking facilities once the project has finished.

In light of this I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here for one night for business and one night was more than enough. My room was tiny, barely room to stand between the bed and bathroom. It was also really noisy at night.
The food wasn't great and was expensive...not a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank laurenericab
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do have different room types, Superior and Executive rooms and Suites. Some of or superior rooms are smaller than others but some guests find them to be cosy. If you are willing to share your food experience , please contact me directly at the Hotel

sutton in ashfield
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked 2 rooms for the Saturday. One for ourselves, the other being as a suprise for a friends birthday as we were dining at the nearby Harts restaurant & wanted them to relax & not worry about a taxi home(we live 15 miles away) It has a good clean, modern looking interior with a Pan Asian restaurant incorporated into it(smelt good)
The only downside to our stay was the the bath having rust marks around the metal fittings of the shower & MOULD around the bath(room 402). Surely someone is in charge of overseeing these matters. Half hour job to clean out & re-seal!! Didn't look good at all!!
All the staff were friendly & helpful. The bar was open late with none of the staff in a rush for you to 'drink up'. I think we left around 1.30am, with peole still drinking without being annoying.
Breakfast was buffet style which was ok but I do prefer one cooked to order instead of stood under heat lamps & having to toast your own bread!! Each to their own I suppose?
It's in an excellent location & although it doesn't have it's own car park they do discount the parking at the nearby NCP by half, making it £8.50 for 24hours
We had an enjoyable stay & would return.

Room Tip: Please call the hotel as there is currently demolition work being carried out at the rear
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and you found that staff to be friendly and helpful.

I am sorry to about the standard of bathroom; we have a rolling plan to keep on top of the silicon in the bedrooms, I will highlight this room to the head housekeeper to be a priority.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here for our trip to see Michael McIntyre and got off to a really bad start as the Nottingham one way system seems to confuse everyone! Finally parked and walked to the hotel as it has no car park. Should have 'google earthed' it before we went and found out the nearest car park as no one could direct us. Even a policeman just could not help!

Treated ourselves to a drink in the bar while we waited for our room to be ready and was a bit taken aback to be given a double at nearly a fiver a time!

Had only booked the room and were offered a deal for the two of us - breakfast, morning papers and small bottle of wines each and homemade chocolates AND a free film all for £25! Great value. My only problem is having three chocolates for two people!

Large room had comfy beds and despite being on the main road, was fairly quiet. Good air conditioning meant the windows could stay closed. Tea making equipment and toiletries provided. Surprised to see the bath had a handle missing, with sharp screw heads sticking out
of the bath!

Breakfast was really good with an 'all you can eat' hot buffet but lots of cold options if you preferred. Staff very friendly and I got a nice reply when I emailed about the bath!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

I sorry to hear that you had problems finding us in Nottingham’s one way system, should you stay with us again, a tip is to follow car park the signs to the castle zone.

There are two NCP car parks opposite the hotel, St James Street/Mount Street national car parks, and they offer the hotel discounted parking. (Ticket to be validated at Reception) We also offer valet parking at a charge of £15 per night.

I am pleased that you chose to have the Park plaza plus package added to your room and found this to be value to money.

I can see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I am happy that the team looked after you.