“Central location”

Park Plaza Nottingham
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Friendly& welcoming staff.Nice clean hotel.Unfortunately on the night of our stay there was a wedding party & a21st which finally abated at 4.30am .Therefore sleep deprivation ensued!This was only slightly compensated by an excellent cooked breakfast the following morning.

• Stayed: October 2012
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay and you enjoyed your Breakfast. I am sorry that our functions this weekend caused you not to have a great sleep.
I can see that you have rated us quite high, so I feel that you are overall satisfied with your stay and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The room was fine, but a little tired round the edges. Bed good, big and comfy. All clean. Truly awful reception area- basic and tattty- very bad first impression. Despite being on 7th floor and requesting a quiet room , were kept awake by police sirens- but hardly the ho;tel's fault. Air con v noisy though. They did provide ear plugs! Plasticcups ..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you did not like our lobby area, it is not like a traditional hotel, some find it cold but most of our guests like the contemporary feel to it.

Be assured in order of priority we are consistently painting rooms and completing full maintenance room checks to achieve the highest standard possible.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a good quality 4 star hotel ideally situated in the city centre with ample parking in a multi storey across the road, discounted for hotel guests. It was late when I arrived at reception but I was quickly checked in, by a friendly reception staff member. My room was very clean and well appointed, with the bed one of the most comfortable I have slept in. I did not have breakfast nor did I eat in the hotel so can't comment, but for me the hotl ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for a lovely review.
I am glad you were made to feel welcome and that you enjoyed the location of the Hotel.
Hopefully should you stay with us again, you can check out some of our services including our amazing Chino Latino.
Kind Regards

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed over at the Plaza for our first wedding anniversary and we had a lovely time. The staff were friendly and helpful the room was lovely and really spacious and to our delight we had a lovely complimentary nibble try waiting with congratulations on in our room. The only downside was the parking... We had something like £8 knocked off for staying in the hotel but we were charged £17 for an overnight stay in the car park opposite as they don't have their own parking so that has put me off staying again unfortunetly and after writting to the hotel I am still waiting to hear back as we were told it would only cost £8 and when we went back to explain they were charging us £17 we were very politly told they couldn't do anything unfortunetly which was a big shame. If it wasn't for the overpriced parking we would most certainly stay again but that has put us off. ;-\

Room Tip: we stayed in the Executive Room and were really pleased.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
Happy anniversary and I am pleased to hear that our team surprised you by putting a gift in your room. To my knowledge we have not received a letter regarding your parking. As the NCP offers Park Plaza guests a discount we have no means of issuing you a refund.
If you wish to contact me directly at the Hotel, I will happily discuss some form of negotiation should you wish to stay with us again?

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Booked this hotel as advertised king sized bed. Went to cuddle up with my partner in middle of bed only to discover it was 2 large singles pushed together and a zip and seams sticking in you only covered by a sheet. I have photos of proof and complained at reception. False advertising of bed!

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your review.
I have indentified which room you stayed in and our Head Housekeeper has looked into this room. Our entire King size beds can be split into Twin beds however you should not know be able to identify this. We have realised that in your room we had a missing velcro strip which covers the zip on the bed for which I apologise.
As you enjoyed the rest of your stay, I hope you choose to come and stay with again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had stayed in a Park Plaza in London and thought it was great, so based on that and the reviews here I was hoping it would be worth the price.It wasn't.
We paid £84 for an executive room to get the king size bed. My daughter was in a standard queen.
I'd asked for a high quiet room with my daughter near by - which they did.The welcome was friendly and efficient.
The standard room was not much smaller than the executive.
We would have been fine in that - in twin beds as it turned out.
Our air con was both noisy and completely ineffective. The room was so hot it was really uncomfortable. We had to leave a window open to try to get some air in, which meant we had noise all night from the bar underneath us at the back. 9th floor!! The bed was one of those awful things where if your partner moves so do you. Dreadful!
The location is good - handy for the Castle and the Market Square, but if we go again I'll be trying a different hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear that Park Plaza Nottingham did not meet your expectations.
At this time of year it is difficult to please all our guests with the temperature of the room, purely based on the fact of the fluctuating temperatures outside. As you can appreciate for October we have had some warm nights.
As explained in the previous review our Air-conditioning system works more efficiently by adjusting the temperature gradually, for example if upon entry your room is too warm/cold we would advise adjusting the temperature in stages of 2° to achieve the desired temperature.
In terms of the beds, I am sorry that you did not find them comfortable; most of our guests are pleased with the comfort of the bed. If you wish to let me know which room you stayed in I can look into this further.
I hope that your comments do not deter you from staying with us again and that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Good
- I was accommodated on ninth floor road facing but had noise issues from downstairs clubs only on wednesday/thursday nights. There is hardly any noise from the roadside vehicles.
- staff is warm and friendly that eases other pains.
- hotel is better than outside building look, so don't go by the look of building.
- i had some urgency to do some stationary tasks that were sorted out by staff immediately.

Bad
- worst one i encountered was room size vs AC capacity, it doesnt go beyond 17c but it still felt so warm inside. It was alright after midnight when room cools down properly.
- lot of noise (double glazed windows though) at ninth floor on wednesday/thursday nights due to parties downstairs.there are couple of clubs around. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THIS! so major issue despite all comforts inside.
- no bed side lamps/over head lights for studying.
- funny that bed side switches turned off/on ceiling light on the opposite side.
- small coffee table was tucked under the tv-dressing shelf. When i took out to have meal there were small bits of left over food already.
- after an hour or so i felt there's not much of luxury you feel as its in 4 star hotels.

Honestly, it's small things that matter most!

Room Tip: I had read here only that ninth floor or upper floors are good, but noise was major issue due to par...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry you had to experience the noise from the clubs nearby to the Hotel. The Students are back in town and it’s a difficult being a city centre hotel. I am also sorry that the room attendant missed the coffee table tucked away.
In terms of the heating in the Hotel our system works more efficiently by adjusting the temperature gradually, for example if upon entry your room is too warm/cold we would advise adjusting the temperature in stages of 2° until the desired temperature is achieved.
Let me explain why we do not have bedside lamps, our bedside lighting system is designed for reading, and switching the nearest switch to you will turn on the light above the other side of the bed. This is to minimise the potential glare from the overhead light and is designed like this in all Park Plaza Hotels.
I understand that small things are sometimes big things, I hope that the service delivery of the staff will bring you back to the Hotel in the future.