“Great location will be back”

Park Plaza Nottingham
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Superb hotel, rooms were very well presented,large and clean.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
breakfast had a fantastic choice and all fresh and tasty.
we wanted a hotel close to the centre, this was perfect only minutes walk to bars and restaurants. i was surprised other reviewers said noisy as we heard no noise at all.

1  Thank Gej186338
PPNDirectorofSales, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Many thanks for your comments, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of our team we hope that you will come and stay with us again on your next trip to Nottingham.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,011)

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Rooms were clean and in good condition. Beds were comfortable and we had no noise issues. Breakfast was of a good standard. Overall very satisfied.

1  Thank Brokerp
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Very welcoming check-in staff, large rooms with very comfortable beds. Only used the restaurant for breakfast, but good choice and very attentive friendly service.
2 minutes walk from a very, very lively city centre, but my room at the front of the hotel was very quiet.

2  Thank 1966WHU

Thank you very much for your feedback it is very much appreciated. Please do coome back and see us next time your are staying in Nottingham.

Service was excelllent.
Room nice and very quiet - located on 9th floor. Breakfast was good.
Location could not be better, just below the castle and close to most amenities.
Pity the hotel does not have its own car park, however staff were able to get me reduced rates by validating the parking ticket.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We very much hope to see you back at the hotels again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights with a group of friends for the corporate games tennis tournament. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I got a really good rate and was not expecting such quality rooms and service. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable, with very nice showers. It’s a great location, for going out in the evening. Two minute walk and you are in market square with a range of pubs and bars to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

On behalf of the entire team here at Park Plaza Nottingham I would like to thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stayed for one night. Arrived at reception, clearly with my hands full with luggage, when given my room card, i wasnt even asked if i needed any help to take my bags to my room. Even in the most basic hotels, your asked if you need assistance with bags....

Room clean, basic, bathroom very nice and modern. Arrived late, so ordered room service. However, when i went to use the phone to do this, the phone would not dial out!!! so i had to wander down 3 floors to reception to place my room order!!! When i informed the receptionist, she told me that the maintence man would fix it the folowing day.

Ordered a baguette and fries... nothing special... apart from the price.... £15! it would be cheaper eating out.

Went to run a bath, plenty of hot water.... cold water absent!!! had to spend 20 minutes cooling my scalding hot bath down, with cup fulls of cold water from the sink tap!!!

After having a disatrous bath, i went to settle down to a good night sleep! i would like to point out i ordered a double room. The bed wasnt double, it was two singles pushed together.

The night was awful, very, very, very noisy, was unbearable to sleep. Had to actually check to see if the windows were open, as the noise of traffic etc was so noisy. Curtains were poor, it didnt block out any light. probably got 2 hours sleep.

I would recommend that the park plaza would invest in windows that actually block out sound, and some dark coloured curtains to block out any light. I think it would make any guests night sleep better.

I choose not to use this hotel again. Ive stayed in a travel lodge, premier inn... and they beat this hotel by miles.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank maddie233

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. All of our bedrooms are fitted with black-out curtains which are located behind the net curtains to ensure that daylight and external noise is blocked out. We are constantly reviewing our food and beverage pricing to ensure that we remain competitive within the 4-star hotel market in the city and apologise if you felt that our prices were too high.
Thank you once again for leaving your feedback.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Me and my partner visited the Park Plaza on 4th and 5th July 2011. A few days break away in Nottingham.

We paid £240 for the 2 nights which included breakfast.

We are not a picky couple, never stay in top notch hotels so our expectations were not incredibly high and we definitely didn’t think it would be perfect – however – it was not even nice.

On arrival we were told our room wasn’t ready as it was smoking we requested, even though it was after 2 0 clock and to my knowledge nothing on the website stated that smoking rooms wouldn’t be ready at 2 0 clock …..

Entering the room it was very basic, the carpet was covered in marks/stains, the room was dusty, the panel on the bath was coming away and the pipes under the sink were evidently mouldy. Not what you expect for £240.

Our fridge did not shut – it was literally hanging off the hinges. We reported this on our first day and were advised someone would be up to sort it ….. didn’t hear/see anyone from then on.

Our room was located at the front of the hotel, very noisy (especially for a Monday and Tuesday night). I do understand the hotel cant stop traffic or bars making noise at all – I would assume the majority of city centre hotels have ‘noisy rooms’ however I thought I would make people aware it is noisy if your located at the front.

The breakfasts were terrible (how they can charge £10 per person per breakfast is unreal). We didn’t even bother eating there on the second morning, we found a weatherspoons round the corner and for half the price the food was 100% better.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for providing your feedback, I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. I am pleased to advise that we have a full refurbishment planned for early 2012 which will encompass all guest rooms and will greatly enhance our product overall guest experience. I very much hope that you will consider returning to the hotel on your next visit to Nottingham to enable us to demonstrate the 4-star service that we pride ourselves on.