“Excellent Accomodation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Suites Nottingham

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Premier Suites Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Keelby
“Excellent Accomodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We (my wife and I) have used these apartments several times now to stay over for concerts at the Capital FM arena, which is right next door.
The apartments are clean, spacious, and very well equipped, and are literally a home from home.
The staff are always polite and helpful, and the building itself could not be better placed, being thirty seconds walk from the arena, and only a minutes walk to the Lace Market area of the city and all its bars and restaurants.
Going back soon and cannot wait.
These apartments make a good night out perfect.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
King's Lynn, Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Superb location for the NIA (next door), surrounded by eateries and pubs so did not feel the need to order a grocery pack. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom appartment, so much space, I have friends with smaller houses than this. The decor is functional, all of the appliances worked properly and the accommodation was clean and comfortable although I admit it is looking a little tired, but for the price it represents good VFM. We will happily stay here again.

Room Tip: The car park is not well sign posted, however, access is via a service road which is immediately aft...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed in a two bedroom apartment which was particularly spacious and well equipped, though none of the fittings/appliances where what you'd call high end. Everything's here and works, however, including CD player, DVD, TV, fitted kitchen with microwave, toaster and kettle. Two large double bedrooms one en-suite. The beds were comfy and the sheets clean and soft. The apartment could easily accommodate two couples self catering.

Great location if you're visiting the Capital FM Arena it's right next door.

Unfortunately Premier Apartments Nottingham has a few let downs: we ordered a "Travellers Pack" to include some groceries and basics (milk, bread, butter...) so that we could have a snack after our journey up to Nottingham. Despite arriving well after the earliest check-in it was well over an hour before ours arrived and nearly tea time. Our continental breakfast consisted of a piece of fruit each, an Alpen cereal bar and orange juice. When I inquired if this was correct a couple of small boxes of cereal where provided in addition. This is *NOT* a continental breakfast at all. It would not have been difficult to provide a few par-baked croissants (there is an oven in the room) and a few small pots of jam.

The extractor fans to the en-suite and master bathrooms are incredibly noisy, if you use the loo in the night you are bound to wake up your fellow travellers.

Whilst friendly and competent the staff do not come across as typical hospitality employees more like cinema ushers, there was a smart efficiency about them but they were not as welcoming/"homely" as you might expect at a full hotel.

All in all a decent place to stay for an excellent price, as long as you can deal with the odd niggle.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank uk_explorer79
pufusor, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that overall you had a nice experience at Premier Apartments Nottingham and despite some small incidents, you have enjoyed your two bedroom apartment. We are constantly trying to inprove our standards and we have been focused on replacing worn carpets, repolish the tables and replacing the old tv's with new LCD tv's. More work will be carried out in the following months to maintain our standards.
I am sorry that you have been let down by the Leisure Traveller Pack, but as we advertise it on our official website, the pack includes bread and butter, milk, cereal selection, orange juice, bottled water, fruit and savoury snack. The Continental breakfast typically includes milk and cereal, orange juice, cereal bar and fruit. I do apologize on behalf of the team that your pack was not in the apartment on your arrival and I can assure you this is not something that frequently happens at our apartments and it will most certainly not happen again. The staff has been re-trained and more focus has been allocated to customer service.
We would love to have you back and prove it to you that we take our guests' feedback very seriously and take on board every comment in order to improve.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Overall these were great value for both the location and what you get. We stayed in a one bed apartment, really liked the separate areas for living and sleeping it felt like more than a hotel room.

I felt the room could have done with a little tlc, for example the filler round the kitchen floor was patchy and there was a hole in the quilt cover.

Generally it was clean but there were some vogue hairs (head!) in the bed and the toilet seat had some stains in it (from bleach I think). I would also recommend the stairs are refurbished, when I was climbing from the car park they made me nervous about what the rooms would look like!

The location is great, a 10 min walk to the action, which is really the best thing going for the Premier Apartments.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments. It pleases me to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the apartments and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
Your feedback has been very useful and since you have stayed with us, our main focus has been refurbishing the stairs that go from the car park to reception. Maintenance department has also dealt with the issues you raised regarding the filler around the kitchen floor. Also, housekeeping staff have been re-trained on how to pay more attaention to details and have the apartments perfect for check-in.
Flori Carp - General Manager
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Excellent apartments!

Bedroom was very spacious and comfortable. The living/ dining room was also very big and very comfortable (even slept in the sofa one night it was so huge and comfortable). The kitchen was modern and well equipped. We had a few problems while checking in but that was resolved very quickly and efficiently by very friendly staff. If we needed anything during our stay they were very helpful. Apartments also have underground parking facilities (safe and secure).
Would definitely return as it was very comfortable, central (minutes walk from town center and next to ice skating and arena) and was great value for money! Friends who visited also commented on how nice the apartment was. 10 out of 10

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pufusor, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments. I am glad that we managed to meet the high standards on which we pride ourselves, during your stay. We strive to provide the cleanest of apartments and the best possible customer care to all guests who visit us in Nottingham. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hope that we can welcome you back again.
Surrey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

Booked an apartment for myself and some friends for my birthday. Paid £20 deposit received a confirmation email stating the outstanding balance - everything seemed fine. Nearly a week later out of the blue I receive another email stating we also now needed to pay £500 security deposit on arrival in case we damaged anything!!!! This was complete news to me, no mention of this on the website or in terms and conditions. My partner has stayed here before and informs me on no occasion was he ever required to pay a security deposit on top of the apartment fee. When I pointed this out to them they didn't seem to really care about my point of view and the most they could offer was £250 deposit instead of £500 - I still don't feel this is fair as it's still £250 more than I was expecting to pay. I realise the amount is due to be returned after the stay but as my visit to Nottingham was days before my pay day I just couldn't afford keep back that amount. They went on to infer the deposit was especially relevant as there were 8 of us staying on a Saturday night (i.e they thought we were going to trash everything - very ironic seeing as the majority of people going are police officers). When I explained it was unfair to charge such a hefty amount and make no mention of it until a week later and therefore I wanted to cancel and get my deposit back, they flatly refused stating it was non refundable. So now I am £20 down and have no where for myself and friends and family to stay over my birthday. Appalling service - they seem to make things up as they go along as previous reviews seem to infer.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank ThePsychologist
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and please accept our apologies if our security deposit policy has caused you any inconveniences. Each Premier Apartments location reserves the right to ask for a security deposit of £250 per apartment at check-in.
The security deposit is requested so that any damages to the apartments and / or loud noise are prevented from happening. No parties are permitted at Premier Apartments Nottingham and we have strict rules about noise after 10pm.
We sent confirmation emails to all arrivals and give everybody notice about security deposit at least 48 hours before arrival. I am really sorry if you feel you haven't been given enough notice and we tried to deal with your complaint as professionally as we could. We have followed our standard procedures, moreover we have agreed to drop the security deposit limit from £500 to £250 for 2 apartments, as we do value our guests and we do our best to offer support and understanding where needed.
I hope you will change your mind about the inportance of the security deposit and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.
Flori Carp - General Manager
Hk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We are a group of 16 people and we went to Nottingham to attend a graduation ceremony. We asked for an extra bed in our parents' bedroom who are in their 80's. We opened the foldable bed and most of the bed's slats were missing. The worst thing was most of the missing ones were in the middle. I slept on the bed as it looked a bit perilous with all the broken slats. As soon as I lied down, the bed collapsed. It was lucky I tried it first. There could have been serious consequences had one of my parents slept on it. The apartment charged GBP20 for an extra bed and they should have checked if the bed is safe to provide to their guests. When we told the manager, she didn't seem overly concerned.

The reception area was tiny so it was really crammed with 16 of us and our luggage. They charged GBP12 a day for car park but the car park was broken into. A car's window was smashed. You would have thought they would have provided security by charging you GBP12!

The apartment itself is not bad. It's clean and well maintained. It provides all the amentities you need. They only changed bedding and towels once a week!

After we checked out, we got an email from the hotel saying one of the keys was missing. They threatened to charge us GBP50 if we did not return it. They checked the bill and everything when we checked out and gave us the ok to leave. How could they possibly accuse us of not returning the key and had the gall to charge us. Later on, they found the key. I am not sure if an apology was sent to us.

I definitely will not return as I do not want to risk my life. I do not have confidence that they are serious about their guest's safety. Broken bed and smashed car window are the last thing I want on a holiday!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am really sorry about the inconveniences caused during your stay. I can only apologise for the extra bed that broke down and I can assure you all extra beds are checked and new ones purchased. Regarding car parking, it is a company who patrols the car park at night and during weekends, we've got our security guards that patrol the car park as well. The receptionist couldn't find one of the keys and called you to ask about it and I can assure you that my staff never "threaten" anybody. I am really sorry that your stay here wasn't as expected, but this is not a true reflection on the service and standards we provide here at Premier Apartments Nottingham.