“Great Theatre”

Nottingham Playhouse
Ranked #18 of 124 things to do in Nottingham
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great theatre space, always interesting programme. The new deli is not good, they don't know what they have for sale and serve meat to vegetarians.

1  Thank jazzyc43
Richsurgay, Manager at Nottingham Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear there might have been a problem in the deli. Could you email me richards@nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk will details of what happened, and I'll be happy to investigate for you.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the theatre on the other hand however.

all best

Reviewed April 9, 2013

A beautiful theatre with comfortable seating and plenty of space to circulate in the interval. Very helpful box office staff. I was only in Nottingham a short time and only able to attend a matinee of a new family play by Phillip Pullman, I must admit I could not understand it, and I doubt whether the child sitting behind me did, as was kicking the back of my seat the whole time.

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased your enjoyed your visit, and am delighted the Box Office staff were so helpful. I will pass that on.

I do hope we see you here again soon

best wishes

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Nottingham Playhouse, by Peter Moro 1959-64, was not only innovative in design but had a succession of brilliant directors and many of the leading actors of the present and recent past cut their teeth here.

1  Thank Ken B

Dear Ken B

thank you for your review of Nottingham Playhouse. We have such an interesting history here, and in our 50th year it is great to look back on all that has happened.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The theatre has a lovely bar/ restaurant with really tasty food, so you can definitely go early for a bite to eat. the front of house/foyer area really reminded me of the national theatre, a place to relax and have a chat before the show. The auditorium itself is very spacious and the stage and the show I went to see were just stunning! I would definitely go again.

1  Thank MrLovely

Dear MrLovely

Thank you for your very kind words about Nottingham Playhouse. You certainly live up to your name. Please do visit us again very soon - we look forward to seeing you

Reviewed March 21, 2013

brilliant service lovely food comfortable surroundings and a good ambiance great night out if going to watch a show

2  Thank Louise K
Richsurgay, Manager at Nottingham Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Louise

thank you for your kind words regarding your visit. I'm delighted you had a great time. Please do visit us again soon - I look forward to welcoming you back

Richard Surgay