“food & value for money amazing - give it a go”
Review of Han Sofrasi

Han Sofrasi
Ranked #224 of 1,447 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Sunday 30th September 2012 we did not plan to eat here just stumbled upon it , you can see the cooking on the grill through the front window , seated table for 2 in a room that would only seat about 20 people , it was also full & everyone was Turkish.
Food ordered large Lamb Shish Kebab & Chicken Shish Kebab served with Tomato & Green Pepper Rice, Salad & Tortilla Bread Rice , no alcohol so 2 soft drinks ordered.
While we where waiting waiter turned up with a bowl of saksuka with Turkish bread said “on the house” when meal arrived it was massive the table was full food everywhere , more bread , bowl of fries a tasty chili dip , the lamb & chicken kebab was amazing & of very high standard & presentation & the staff where brilliant we are not big eaters but we ate the lot ! the total bill was £21 yes twenty one pounds ! Which was embarrassing I gave him £25 .
This was probably one of the best meals I have ever had , my next visit will be very soon , give it a go.
Noticed a lad came in for a take-a-way they gave him a free cup of Turkish coffee while he waited .

4  Thank radfordred
There are newer reviews for Han Sofrasi

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Real Turkish food in Nottingham - skilfully prepared. We got take-away and really enjoyed it. Small restaurant, maybe only 25 places, no alcohol, cash only, first rate friendly service. Busy on the charcoal grill preparing delicious meat. Wide selection of familiar and not so familiar Turkish dishes. We'll be back!

1  Thank broads22
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is our favourite restaurant. My wife is half-Turkish and has grown up eating Turkish food - we are both of the opinion that it is one of the most delicious places we have ever eaten in! The staff are always wonderfully friendly and helpful, and the food is always 10 out of 10. For the quality and quantity of food you get, it is very reasonably priced and you get a genuine Turkish experience out of it!

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Cheap and very tasty food and great staff. More of a cafe than a restaurant, but definitely worth venturing from town to come. Does a £5 meal of the day, and the kebabs are to die for. Also does a good take away.

3  Thank beeeps
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I was very suprised to find this little bistro (izgara) here in Nottingham but being next to a turkish supermarket should have given me a clue. I have been here about 15 times now and the food is outstanding and very authentic. They don't do Donner thank heavens! The small staff go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your food and if you have been to Turkey, the style of serving is very similar. The lentil soup (mercimek) is brillaint but don't over do it with the free turkish bread however gorgeous it is because the main courses are huge and more bread comes along! If you are a fan, like me, ayran is available but no alcohol. I am too full after that to try any of the sweets. Every day, they do a special - tavas, guvec etc which makes for a really nice alternative to kebab if you want a change. If you are there in the morning, they even do turkish breakfast but I confess, I have never tried it!.

5  Thank Kuzeyboy