“Good food the worst service ever”
Review of The Rancliffe Arms

The Rancliffe Arms
Ranked #106 of 1,289 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I took my mother to the Rancliffe Arm for her birthday. The place was very nice to look at and the food was very tasty. However, it was clear that the two chefs did not get on and this made the service the worst I have ever seen in the restuarant trade. The only way I would return to eat here is if you got two new chefs.

1  Thank Micsaz

Reviewed August 21, 2013

A modern twist on a country pub made the Rancliffe Arms a nice place eat and drink on a rather grey and muggy day. It was nicely laid out and appeared to have a number of different areas for seating. The tables were a good size and you didn't feel invaded by the table next to you which is an important factor for couples.
I had been recommended this place by a work colleague and it did not disappoint. We booked our table first thing in the morning for an early Lunch at midday. It was a good job as by 12:30 the place was busy and the queue for the carvery was quite extensive.

The food was nicely done and a fantastic selection of veg and potatoes was available with all the trimmings of a traditional roast, the only let downs were the yorkshire puddings and the gravy. It was just my personal preference, as I like a bit of weighty substance to my yorkies, the ones here were very light and crispy and a bit overdone. The gravy was rather watery, whereas I prefer it a bit thicker with more flavour. However, this did not affect my overall opinion of the food. I chose the gammon and the Pork which was served with some fantastic crackling and both cuts of meat were cooked nicely.
After, there was no room for desert (I ate a lot of the very tasty roast potatoes!) but I made an effort to sample the coffee which they made very well indeed.
The bill came to a reasonable amount for 2 people and the service from the team there was prompt and friendly although slightly disorganised (we were asked if we wanted desert by 2 different staff , one after we ordered the bill, and 3 other staff attended to us throughout the meal).
Overall, very nice if you fancy a carvery!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Truly awful, filthy smoking area outside with empty glasses and filled ashtrays made sitting in the sunshine for a pre supper drink a no no.
Service was deplorable, food was greasy spoon and the final straw was watching the pub's cat sit and wash itself in the restaurant area whilst we waited for service.
Don't go, don't do it, it is BAD

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have visited The Rancliffe Arms on several occasions, usually on the way home from track days at Prestwold... Most recently last weekend...

This place is always very clean, the staff are always friendly, and their selection of lunchtime sandwiches is extensive, creative, and tasty!

If you ever find yourself a bit peckish on the way through Bunny, pop in and give them a try!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to this restaurant in a family group of six people.

It is a lovely building which has seen a lot of history. The restaurant is spacious, well laid out, although it was very hot last night, and this made the carvery area a bit hotter than I suspect would be normal.

The staff were very polite and courteous, The service was very good, and the menu provided an excellent choice, although the vegetarian selection was minimal.

It provided very good value for money, the portions were more than adequate, well prepared and at a reasonable cost.

We definitely plan to make a return visit