“unprofessional”

The Wheelhouse
Ranked #1,054 of 1,403 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
nottingham
“unprofessional”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

we popped in for a drink yesterday afternoon having heard that there would be some childrens entertainment happening between 4pm-6pm, so as we had our 4 yeaar old grandaughter staying with us we decided to pass through.
It is certainly a family orientated pub/restaurant, busy but warm inside- the temperature was rather cool outside yesterday, so i t was quite a welcoming feel. The age group varied from veery young children with parents through to teens with boyfriends/girlfriends.
We found a table and i went over to the bar to order our drinks.
The barman came to me quite quickly, however he hadnt noticed that there was a customer already waiting- i pointed him to the young lady who orederd food. I then asked for our drinks. My husband was having a brandy- i asked how much for a double measure, it was £1.50 extra so i orderd. I had to ask what brandy it was- i wasnt offered a choice here. Anyhow it was Martell- so that was fine. Arrived in a tumbler glass- i asked for a brandy glass, but told there werent any but shown a wine glass!!! Ha Ha. What a great barman. ..I kept the drink in the tumber. I then asked for a small coke for my g.daughter, and was told they only sell large. Ridiculous- what 5 year old wants a pint of coke. Ordered in any case, no alternative.
I ordered a mocha coffee and was told it would be brought to the table.It was- mug, no saucer- spoon and 2 sugars put straight onto the table. How unhygenic. It was hot and i enjoyed it, but the service and the way the drinks were served was not good in my book.
Entertainment for the little ones was nice and it gave us adults chance for a chat whilst they were more or less looked after and fed loads of sweets!!.
By the time we left at 6.50pm the place was chock a block.
Apparently this ebtertainment happens once a month every Saturday, so we will probobly go again with our g.daughter. No shorts or coffee or coca coola though. Have to think of some other beverage that will be served in appropriate drinking vessels. !

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank lillypink

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lets try somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Will keep this short and sweet. We went to the wheel house about 2 years ago so maybe its changed hands by now. . . And sorted this problem out.
Place was full of drunk youths shouting and acting mad leary. . . Toilets were a complete dive, posters up about drug use not being tolerated in the pub. Food was bland and staff were too.

Wasn't impressed at all.

Nottingham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dirty and disorganised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited on the 19th August. Many tables hadn't been cleared, sat at a table outside with dirty glasses on which were not cleared until our food arrived. Drinks were served in dirty glasses. There are no table numbers on the tables outside which causes a lot of confusion between the staff. The waitress passed our table with a plate of food not looking like she knew where she was going and that same plate of food arrived at our table five minutes later no longer hot. The only positive I can think of is I left feeling full up. I love eating out at pubs, however, I will not be returning to this one.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mark092
“It's as bad as it can get.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

This pub is my local or was until they rebranded it in December 2011. It's now a 'Hungry Horse' pub. It is marketed to appeal to the shell suited chavs who think that baseball caps, body art and badly behaved kids are what passes for normal. The food is awful, the staff are few and demoralised. They have added a pool table which pulls in the unemployed illiterate and indolent. This place used to be a good pub but it now thoroughly deserves it's rating of the 357th worse eatery out of 370 in Nottingham. Pretty much anywhere else would be better.

Nottingham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shame.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Pre the changes the pub was tired inside and out so we were hopeful that its new persona would be good. Food at the beginning was cheap and cheerful but the last 3 or 4 times its got worse. Burgers full of fat, tired soggy salads, cold jacket potato and the most orange watery prawn cocktail sauce its been my misfortune to be served. Designed for young families, sweets behind the bar etc .poor light snacks unless you like fat with your fat. Lovely staff. but we wont buy food there any more might as well go over the road and buy fsome decent fish and chips. Lost opportunity to turn this local pub into something to be proud of and add to the attractions of wollaton park.

• Visited June 2012