“DRY, DEAR and DRAB!”

Toby Carvery Wollaton Park
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Wollaton Park. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Nottingham’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

After visiting this restaurant we will NOT be visiting again, to say the place specializes in carvery's it is evident the business goes for quantity over quality!
The meat was the best thing about it; but like many reviews have already stated they are definitely not generous with the meat and what you are left with is dry mass produced vegetables.
The service was okay, however as I remember the front of house was most unwelcoming!
The price was the final straw for me - definitely not value for money!
To conclude this was definitely not the 'home of the roast' for us!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We went to the Toby Carvery in Wollaton last weekend for Mothers Day dinner and were disappointed with the service. The food was ok, I knew what to expect but they've changed the portion sizes - one piece of meat for a normal meal and you have to supersize to get two (it used to be 2 for a normal meal which is why I liked to go there.

Other things happened at our visit...
It was busy, and we were told a 25 min wait which ended up at over an hour and I had to keep going back to get an update. Others were getting called up and I was told that's because smaller tables were available. When I looked, there were empty larger tables that needed clearing. They said they had a large group in but the only large group I saw in was a group of about a dozen lads.... not overwhelming...

When we did get a table and went to get our food - the poor lad behind the counter had run out of veg and sausages and no one was there to help him, so he had to go out and get them but the queue was building up. He clearly needed help and they were clearly understaffed... but the staff there weren't exactly being speedy...

When we got up to leave (no one had asked when we had finished if we wanted dessert) no one came to us to take payment, even though there was a waitress who was supposed to be looking after our area. The man behind the bar had to go and look for her in the kitchen!!

When I got home I contacted Toby Carvary through the website, and 5 days later I have still had no response which again is very disappointing.

We've been before and its been fine, but this experience has really put me off, plus no response from them with the complaint.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We have used this restaurant several times whilst visiting Nottingham. It is always busy and therefore often looks as if it needs a good clean. The carvery is good value with portion sizes adequate for most people - if you are really hungry and want a meat feast you may be disappointed

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The food here isn't great and the service isn't amazing both both are straight forward and good value. If you want a simple Sunday Dinner type menu then this is a place to go. Besides there is also the extra entertainment of seeing just how much someone might get on their plate.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Food had no taste just loads of bones and stems in it, was cold and had to wait for it to be served. Waiting staff were rude and wasnt freindly. One of them threw dinner on us and didn't apologise would not recommend.