“Excellent food and reasonably priced Lunch menu”
Review of Nada Budaya

Nada Budaya
Ranked #161 of 1,274 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We visited Nada Budaya for lunch in January. They were offering 2 courses from a set menu for £8.50, and consisted of a starter and main. The food was delcicious, so tasty. The service was very friendly and attentive. The restaurant had a lovely feel to it and is decorated beautifully. I would thorughly recommend paying this restaurant a visit, the food was excellent!!!

1  Thank WhizzyValentine

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Visited on Sat 12th Jan. This was our second visit, and we both thought the food was just as good. However, it seems that front of house needs a bit more training, as the service left a little to be desired.
I know that both of the waiting staff were very new, and we made allowances for it. We will visit again in the furure in the hope that this has been resolved.
Don't be put off by my review, go and visit. I'm sure that the service will get upto its usual level soon.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hi there, me and my partner have just come home from a wonderful meal at Nadya Budaya.

I have to say the staff were very friendly and food was hot and lovely.

We had never had Malaysian food before but having now tried it we will be recomending it to friends and family.

The prices werent too steep or out of the ordinary for a typical meal in the area and even if it was we wouldlnt have minded paying it as the food was very tasty and well worth it.

If you havent been before, give it a go i guarantee you'll enjoy it.

Well done! 5 star in our eyes.

Rhea ande Lee

2  Thank Rhea_Charles1
Reviewed January 5, 2013

First of all - the service was excellent, attentive and polite waiting staff all around. The atmosphere was great too, and the menus had authentic-sounding Malaysian dishes.

However, as someone who has lived in Malaysia for over 15 years, I really cannot vouch for the food. We had 'mamak-style fried noodles', tomato rice and beef rendang (curry) with side-dishes of tempeh (fried tofu) and kerabu (a Malay salad). There was an everpresent 'dampness' to all the dishes, except for the tomato rice, which is supposed to be damp. They used coconut milk instead of dried coconut flesh for the salad. The noodles (£9.95!) tasted like they were sourced from the nearest supermarket and the combination was nowhere like Malaysian fried noodles unfortunately. The tempeh tasted stale, and I have had lots of tempeh before.

This is a great place if you want excellent service and an amazing atmosphere, but I am afraid that the food really lets it down.

2  Thank u03ekw
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

i had dinner with my partner today at nada budaya for £100 (no wine), but thats include 3 nasi lemak take away. very disappointed with the take away. 3 nasi lemak cost like £35 for take away, so basically £11+ each. you get only 3 prawn and few ikan bilis and a f.eggs.. to be honest i won't go back for take away with that kind of portion and that price!
feel like been rob. lol

sitting in was alright, service really good, bit disappointed with the ikan bakar, would not order that again as 3 slices with pot of chilli cost like £13+. other than that really tasty such like chicken satay,rendang daging, nasi goreng kampung and assam laksa (thumbs up). i think its just a bit over price especially take away.

2  Thank Plannervampire