“OMG! Amazing simply amazing”

The White Lion Brinsley
Ranked #121 of 1,266 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Last Saturday my husband booked for me and our friends to go to the white lion. I love it there so was quite happy. We have been loads of times and really enjoyed it but this time was something else! The menu changes regularly which is fab and this one beats the lot! We had an outstanding meal. Starter main course and desert. Awesome. We loved it so much my husband booked for us to go again tonight. Because he wanted to try it again. It was fab.
Our friend is gluten free and they bent over backwards for him I have an orange allergy but really fancied the chocolate Deseret so Leon the amazing chef sorted that for me. Would highly recommend. Sooo glad that is is close to where we live :) well done to Abby, Richard, fab waitress Alex and Leon and his team xx ps if you happen to book when they have an event it's something else. Last week a singer was on and I felt like I was on holiday

1  Thank Donna C

Reviewed July 8, 2014

our last visit was disappointing, but a great turn around. new chef, good menu, and great tasting food. The staff seemed happier too.
Our waitress was polite and cheerful, everywhere was clean and bright, and once again a little gem for the local area.

We will be back again, we loved it. and would recommend a visit if you are in the area ( even if you are not in the area give the White Lion a try)

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Lovely food. Well presented. Nicest meal out that I've had in a long time. Chicken was very moist. Served on a very hot plate. Dessert was lovely. Nothing to fault.

1  Thank EastwoodVet
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our first visit to this pub following several recommendations from friends and it didn't disappoint!
We hadn't booked and on arrival were told they were fully booked but a lovely young lady said she would see what she could do. We stood in the modern bar area and looked over the bar menu which was also very tempting but within 20 minutes she was showing us to a table and said she would take our orders shortly because there were several larger parties booked in and it would avoid a delay in our service.....she really couldn't have been more helpful or attentive.
The restaurant area is a nice size and like the bar was contemporarily decorated. The main menu is small but innovative and caters for most tastes. Our starters arrived within 10 minutes...freshly prepared and beautifully presented. The main courses were also delicious....no room for sweets on this occasion but needless to say 'We'll Be Back!'

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Just had the most amazing meal yet again at the white lion Brinsley, top chefs, top food, top staff , too pub, and top chilli sauce with my steak, a visit a must....

2  Thank Emmskee