“Good little surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The White Lion Brinsley

The White Lion Brinsley
Ranked #208 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ilkeston, United Kingdom
“Good little surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We had been driving around hoping to stumble upon a pub for a good Sunday lunch- glad we found this one! The decor was clean and obviously very new. The Sunday meal was a set menu at an excellent price and was pleasantly surprised by their slight twists to the bog standard Sunday dinner ingredients. Service was average - did their job but nothing really to shout about. All in all, good pub food and a pleasant surprise :)

• Visited September 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, some of the best in Nottinghamshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visit The White Lion quite often with my partner and family and have always had a good meal.

I like good quality, fresh produce and this is what you always get at the lion, even when you have a takeaway pizza!

The staff are also very friendly and helpful along with the feel of the pub and restaurant.

I highly recommend the scallops with belly pork and black pudding (if it reappears on the menu) and on the current menu the deep fried blue cheese with pear salad is delicious, very good balance of flavours and textures!

I have eaten in many places in Nottingham but I will always place the lion at the front of my favourites!

Also for what you pay you get ridiculously good portions and ofc good quality food, annoys me when you go to chain restaurants that charge twice as much for microwave food.

• Visited September 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Just popped in by chance and what a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just called in on spec after seeing the sign on the road and headed up to the pub. Lots of parking and it was obvious on entering that the pub had been recently renovated and I liked the style it had been done. We ordered drinks and sat in the eating area and the service from this point was excellent, attentive and yet not intrusive. We shared a risotto starter which was wonderfully creamy, and for main course I had swordfish and my girlfriend had a rump steak, cooked medium.
I tend to go for steak and when hers was brought to the table I wished I had, don't get me wrong the swordfish was delicious, but her steak was perfect. Cooked perfectly and the knife slid through the meat. The cut of meat was excellent quality with no big chunks of fat.
Definitely recommend going to this place

• Visited August 2013
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This is my first visit to the white lion , and everything was excellent from the minute we walked in , very friendly staff , great service and very tasty food , will definitely return .

• Visited August 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“oh dear”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

we were such big fans of the white lion, but things have changed. there are new chefs, the staff looked fed up, and the food was very disapointing. We went saturday night, really looking forward to our evening. there was five of us. I had scallops and belly pork for starters as did my husband, the scallops were over cooked the black pudding was so over cooked they were like bbq brickettes and inedible, the rest of the meal continued down hill from there. my dessert which should have been bakewell tart, when it arrived was obvious it was not home made but shop bought. please do something....we want to call this our number one place to go once more.

• Visited July 2013