“Never let's me down!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ng5 3fh
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Ordered a delivery takeaway this evening, and it was so delicious! Full of flavour, nice big chunks of quality chicken and a garlic nan so fragrant as soon as I opened the door to the driver I smelt it! Absolutely beautiful! For a Saturday night it didn't take too long to arrive, and was still lovely and warm when it arrived! The driver was nice and polite. Definitely returning again!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised how good the food and the service was in this Indian restaurant. The prices are reasonable and the food is very tasty. If you order poppodoms you get extra sauce flavours. This is a better restaurant than the Banyan tree and it is a shame it's not in a larger premises as it gets very busy on a Friday & Saturday

1  Thank AdrianV414
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I belief the takeaway complainants must be from a parrallel universe!

I have been a customer of the WT for over 8 years and have always experianced the best value and service, with no pretence of the higher cost & smaller portioned establishments.

For quality we use the WT as a reference meal to gauge the standards of others, on balance we have found that what one asian cuisine resturant lacks in one area, they make up for in another. By contrast the down-to-earth brothers that run the business, apart from their fantasic hospitality, always provide a consistant approach and take service very seriously. We have great meals week in - week out and the simplicity of their balti style options are something to savor.

I would also add that we have noted that booking is advisable on Friday and Saturday, this has been the same throughout the recession from 2008, how can a business be so resiliant if it didn't provide an excellent good value service. Check out the new refurbished decor by-the way!

1  Thank David_S186356
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had a takeaway from here for the first and last time, chicken balti was cold and greasy,onion bhargis went straight in the bin , they just tasted of old chip fat , it took over an hour to arrive and all was cold, dreading after effects tomorrow, don't bother.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I spent £21 on 2 chicken biryanis, 2 onion bhajis and 3 poppadoms (to takeaway). The biryanis were extremely dry with very little meat, the amount of sauce was very small but to my and my daughter's horror we could hardly detect any taste of curry! The onion bhajis for my wife went in the bin after a couple of mouthfuls- totally tasteless. Despite transporting the meal home very carefully on my car's passenger seat, they were in about 30 pieces, some burnt. If this was my first experience of Indian food I probably wouldn't have posted this review, but as a family we regularly buy Indian takeaways. I have tried this place once before and enjoyed the meal- is it now under new management? Finally half my daughter's meal went in the bin, and I'm keeping mine in the fridge until I can go to the shops tomorrow and buy a decent curry sauce and some cooked chicken pieces to add to it and hopefully make it eatable as I hate waste. Needless to say that will be my last visit to Woodthorpe Tandoori