“Service Excellence at it's Best”

Woodthorpe Tandoori
Ranked #346 of 1,412 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: NG5 3FH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service Excellence at it's Best”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I belief the takeaway complainants must be from a parrallel universe!

I have been a customer of the WT for over 8 years and have always experianced the best value and service, with no pretence of the higher cost & smaller portioned establishments.

For quality we use the WT as a reference meal to gauge the standards of others, on balance we have found that what one asian cuisine resturant lacks in one area, they make up for in another. By contrast the down-to-earth brothers that run the business, apart from their fantasic hospitality, always provide a consistant approach and take service very seriously. We have great meals week in - week out and the simplicity of their balti style options are something to savor.

I would also add that we have noted that booking is advisable on Friday and Saturday, this has been the same throughout the recession from 2008, how can a business be so resiliant if it didn't provide an excellent good value service. Check out the new refurbished decor by-the way!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank David_S186356

“Don't bother”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had a takeaway from here for the first and last time, chicken balti was cold and greasy,onion bhargis went straight in the bin , they just tasted of old chip fat , it took over an hour to arrive and all was cold, dreading after effects tomorrow, don't bother.

• Visited May 2013
“very very dissapointing”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I spent £21 on 2 chicken biryanis, 2 onion bhajis and 3 poppadoms (to takeaway). The biryanis were extremely dry with very little meat, the amount of sauce was very small but to my and my daughter's horror we could hardly detect any taste of curry! The onion bhajis for my wife went in the bin after a couple of mouthfuls- totally tasteless. Despite transporting the meal home very carefully on my car's passenger seat, they were in about 30 pieces, some burnt. If this was my first experience of Indian food I probably wouldn't have posted this review, but as a family we regularly buy Indian takeaways. I have tried this place once before and enjoyed the meal- is it now under new management? Finally half my daughter's meal went in the bin, and I'm keeping mine in the fridge until I can go to the shops tomorrow and buy a decent curry sauce and some cooked chicken pieces to add to it and hopefully make it eatable as I hate waste. Needless to say that will be my last visit to Woodthorpe Tandoori

• Visited April 2013
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“True Indian Favorite”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

An excellent yet inexpensive Indian Restaurant in Nottingham. The food here is really good with a wide ranging selection of dishes. The service is really good with a relaxed atmosphere allowing you to eat you meal at your own pace.
Really recommended.

• Visited January 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value, infuriating service.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had takeaways regularly from this place and to be fair the quality of the food is better than any other local takeaway and competitively priced too! But the quality of the service is appalling. I have learned over the years to add at least 15 minutes to the time quoted when you order by phone, but still regularly end up waiting a further 10-15 minutes. It is especially poor when the restaurant is busy. On too many occasions I have got home to find a dish missing and had to go back. Last week they made me wait ages and forgot my Nan bread - sadly that was the last straw and the search for a new takeaway begins tonight!

Did try the restaurant once but it has the ambience of a bus station cafe, not helped by the proximity of the waiting takeaway customers.

• Visited February 2013