Springwood Nurseries B & B
$62
$82
$75
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$72
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
P and J Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$78
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
$59
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Situated at the end of the drive to Swancar Farm where our friends got married this one room B&B was not only an awesome find but also exceeded our expectations with Glennys and Dave making us feel extremely welcome.
The room is furnished beautifully with it's own entrance so you feel very self-contained within their lovely home.
Breakfast was served when suited us the following morning - Glennys was able to do a bespoke breakfast that we'd been able to chose the night before.
Going over and above and really making our short stay memorable. We would thoroughly recommend to anyone attending a wedding at Swancar Farm or even as a nice homely base to explore the local area... The room has a sitting room area and also an outside terrace so is very spacious... We could easily of stayed there a week...
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank L4uCh
Reviewed March 4, 2013

One of the nicest B and B to have stayed in, beautifully furnished, comfortable and well equipped with very helpful, friendly owners. Fantastic breakfast Lovely garden and private entrance Very highly recommend especially if you are attending a wedding at Swancar, we were very lucky to have stayed here and hopefully will do again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed two nights on 10 and 11 February 2013, so not the best time of the year; however, despite the lack of hanging baskets, the entrance to the annexe was very inviting. Walking into the annexe left me almost in awe. A little corridor faced me with the shower room to the left and hanging space to the right. Straight ahead was a HUGE room with a bed area to the left and a sitting area to the right with a large flat-screen TV. Ahead was a table with a variety of drinks, including fresh milk in a thermos, a selection of biscuits, and a perculator with fresh coffee. In front of the bed are French doors leading onto a small private area, which must be lovely when weather allows one to sit outside. As it was, it snowed while I was there and the snow on the fir trees was magical and made me feel that I was in Europe rather than the UK.

The room has clearly been put together with much love, from the paintings on the wall to the coordinated lamps. And what a comfortable bed!!! This B&B has set the benchmark really high for me.

Glennys and Dave are the perfect hosts. While I was there on my own I did not feel alone. After a really good choice of breakfast, which I was left to eat in peace, they would join me while I drank my tea and simply chat, or provide me with whatever information I required.

I actually felt very sad to leave, and look forward to returning when the weather improves to visit Sherwood Forest.

The only downside for me was that I personally was unlucky with the public transport. Though the bus reads 'every 12 minutes' going into town I must have waited half an hour, and coming back I missed the bus by a moment and had to wait half an hour for the next one. However, I made the choice of preferring to stay in a friendly B&B outside of town rather than an impersonal hotel in town, and this was 'friendly' to the nth degree. Very highly recommended!! Thank you Glennys and Dave for your hospitality.

Room Tip: There is only one room and a perfect one at that!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was a delightful stay from the moment we set foot on the premises only a minute outside of Nottingham. We were thrilled to find it and only wish we would have spent the entire week there instead of just the two nights. The room is spacious, comfortable, creatively and beautifully decorated. The fabulous landscaping around the house can be seen from the large windows in the room. We appreciated the relaxing feeling we got each time we entered the room! The breakfast Glennys served us each morning was delicious and we felt totally pampered! They are certainly gifted in hospitality. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at Springwood Nurseries during a wedding Swancar and definitely were the luckiest guests at the wedding - not only is the B&B literally at the bottom of the drive, but the accommodation is also perfect. The large bedroom, with living area and fire is well equipped with everything you might need including proper coffee and fresh milk! Glennys couldn't do enough to help and made our stay memorable (for all the right reasons) and we hope to find another excuse to go back and stay again. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple