“Can't imagine a better B&B!!”

Springwood Nurseries B & B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nottingham
Springwood Nurseries B & B
Ranked #23 of 40 Nottingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed two nights on 10 and 11 February 2013, so not the best time of the year; however, despite the lack of hanging baskets, the entrance to the annexe was very inviting. Walking into the annexe left me almost in awe. A little corridor faced me with the shower room to the left and hanging space to the right. Straight ahead was a HUGE room with a bed area to the left and a sitting area to the right with a large flat-screen TV. Ahead was a table with a variety of drinks, including fresh milk in a thermos, a selection of biscuits, and a perculator with fresh coffee. In front of the bed are French doors leading onto a small private area, which must be lovely when weather allows one to sit outside. As it was, it snowed while I was there and the snow on the fir trees was magical and made me feel that I was in Europe rather than the UK.

The room has clearly been put together with much love, from the paintings on the wall to the coordinated lamps. And what a comfortable bed!!! This B&B has set the benchmark really high for me.

Glennys and Dave are the perfect hosts. While I was there on my own I did not feel alone. After a really good choice of breakfast, which I was left to eat in peace, they would join me while I drank my tea and simply chat, or provide me with whatever information I required.

I actually felt very sad to leave, and look forward to returning when the weather improves to visit Sherwood Forest.

The only downside for me was that I personally was unlucky with the public transport. Though the bus reads 'every 12 minutes' going into town I must have waited half an hour, and coming back I missed the bus by a moment and had to wait half an hour for the next one. However, I made the choice of preferring to stay in a friendly B&B outside of town rather than an impersonal hotel in town, and this was 'friendly' to the nth degree. Very highly recommended!! Thank you Glennys and Dave for your hospitality.

Room Tip: There is only one room and a perfect one at that!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Springwood Nurseries B & B

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was a delightful stay from the moment we set foot on the premises only a minute outside of Nottingham. We were thrilled to find it and only wish we would have spent the entire week there instead of just the two nights. The room is spacious, comfortable, creatively and beautifully decorated. The fabulous landscaping around the house can be seen from the large windows in the room. We appreciated the relaxing feeling we got each time we entered the room! The breakfast Glennys served us each morning was delicious and we felt totally pampered! They are certainly gifted in hospitality. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at Springwood Nurseries during a wedding Swancar and definitely were the luckiest guests at the wedding - not only is the B&B literally at the bottom of the drive, but the accommodation is also perfect. The large bedroom, with living area and fire is well equipped with everything you might need including proper coffee and fresh milk! Glennys couldn't do enough to help and made our stay memorable (for all the right reasons) and we hope to find another excuse to go back and stay again. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We recently stayed at Springwood Nurseries for two nights and were delighted to find such a high standard accommodation near to the University where my husband was attending a conference. For any couple wanting a relaxing break in spacious, comfortable bed sitting room with an excellent choice for breakfast this has to be a place to consider. The welcome is warm and nothing is too much trouble for these friendly owners. For summer visitors (assuming the sun shines) there is a lovely garden where you can relax with a drink in the evening. When we next come to Nottingham or need an overnight stop on the way north we shall definitely be looking to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at Springwood Nurseries B & B for a friends wedding, the accommodation and breakfasts were 1st class, room and facilities are excellent. Glennys and David were wonderful host, warm, kind and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you so much for making it a memorable weekend, Jane, Ross (little Emily)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was certainty one of the best B&B's we've stayed. Such good value, extremely clean and the couple that ran it were so sweet and friendly. We'll definitely revisit if ever staying in this area again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed for 5 nights at Springwood Nurseries B and B and found the accommodation and breakfasts excellent providing for all our needs. Our hosts Glennys and Dave were wonderfully kind and nothing was too much trouble. Looking forward to our next visit.
Hugh and Linda.

Room Tip: Only one room B and B
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple