“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Slightly out of the city centre, Debsh was well worth the walk uphill. The building isn't much to look at from the outside, but is nicely decorated inside, the staff were very friendly and enthusiastic and the food was full of flavour and beautifully cooked. The set meal for £15 a head was a bargain.

I'd definitely recommend it.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I came here for my boyfriends birthday. We opted for the "feast menu" which included starters, main course, dessert and tea.

For the starters, we were given three mezze type dishes to share with some bread. For the main course we had three different types of kebab with rice. Dessert was baklava. All the food tasted great and was very fresh.

The male and female hosts were very attentive, polite and made us feel very welcome. Don't be put off by how the outside of the restaurant looks - the interior of the restaurant is beautifully decorated and clean. Considering the quality of the food, the meal was excellent value. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank PFoodQ
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I went for the first time last night and I would have to say it was the best Persian food I have eaten.

The portion sizes were good and the quality and the flavours of the meat and rice were second to none.

I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Four of us visited last Saturday for a meal. Having been the week before for a birthday, this weeks meal was even better than last week!
The lady suggested we have a mixture of dishes to share which she chose. It was amazing, every dish was excellent. We preferred this to choosing from the menu. The wine red & white was lovely and reasonable. Thank you for a lovely evening, we all thoroughly enjoyed the food

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We went to debsh in quite a large group, the owner put together a banquet menu for us so we could try all of the dishes. He brought each course out and gave us an explanation of the dish and how it was traditionally eaten. Thus was ver informative and really added to the atmosphere of the evening. The staff were very attentive and the food was different and delicious. I would certainly go back again.