“Long live Ezekiel Bone!!!!!! Teresa Gorecka - Marshall”

Nottingham Robin Hood Town Tour
Ranked #1 of 26 Tours in Nottingham
More attraction details
Owner description: VisitEngland 'Guided Tour of the Year 2017'- Finalist! VE Ambassador Ezekial Bone is Robin Hood! Multi-award winning Robin Hood Town Tour is Nottingham's top attraction. It is the definitive way to explore the City's key sites and learn all about the legend of Robin Hood. Private / Bespoke / Sherwood Forest /Lace Market Tours available.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This guy is an amazing tour guide whose passion for Robin Hood ( and truth and justice ) is infectious. The historic knowledge he has about Nottingham is tremendous and delivers in a way that everyone can easily understand. He cares about giving the group as much insight as he can about Nottingham and Robin Hood so he extended the 2 hour tour to 3 and his relaxed and at times humorous manner made it a pleasure to be in his company. I live in Nottingham and along with my husband and children we all learned facts we were not aware of! The tour ends in one of my favourite places ....... a pub! and rather than dashing off, Ezekiel was more than happy to share a pint and impart some more of his fascinating stories. He is definately Nottingham's gain and his tour is a must for anyone visiting Nottingham.

2  Thank Peter G
AdeA_11, Owner at Nottingham Robin Hood Town Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Ha ha! Yes, through RH there is a message for the modern day. Great word to use - 'infectious'! The pleasure was all mine though!. Having intelligent folks rallying to the cause as we sow the seeds of truth and justice is just what I was looking for. We will write the next chapter and RH will live on! Cheers!

All reviews
"lace making"
in 6 reviews
"few hours"
in 13 reviews
"ye olde trip to jerusalem"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2013

As many other reviewers have said, this tour was one of the highlights of our family trip to England. We took did a bespoke tour the day after my sister's wedding with a group of about 10 people (just our private group), and we were all absolutely enthralled the entire time. None of us quite knew what to expect, but being led around Nottingham by an extremely knowledgeable "Robin Hood" was awesome! The sheer amount of knowledge that he gives you a few hours time will blow your mind, and all presented in an animated, "history come alive" style. My cousin described him as "the best history teacher you could imagine," and we all agreed that we had learned more after a few hours with him than entire semesters of history at home.

He tailored the tour for us, so would intermittently ask "Am I talking too much about this?" and other questions like that. However, we never had to ask him to move on or speed through one topic, because he truly made everything interesting! He also took us to two awesome pubs (one halfway through and then Trip to Jerusalem at the end), and recommended a great restaurant for dinner (eating steak and ale pie in a cave was the cherry on top of a great day!). He is a truly nice guy, and brilliant as well.

I'm not sure how many other tours he does, but I would not hesitate to take any tours he offers. In fact, I would go back to Nottingham on my next visit to the UK solely for a tour! Yes, he's that awesome. We are all still talking about what a great day we spent with Robin Hood. ;)

2  Thank 615justinem

Wow! What an amazing review! I don't know where to begin - 'highlight of the family trip to England', 'the best history teacher you could imagine'... If there was an award for writing reviews on TA, you'd win it. You guys were great fun and it's in that interaction that the magic lies. Brilliant. Thanks very much. Let me know of you come to England again and I'll see you guys alright ;)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Normally I steer clear of character walks, but this guy was fantastic.Turns out he's a historian as well as an actor, and the mi works well. I've done walking tours in most major cities across Eurpore, and this was certainly up there amongst the best. There's an amazing wealth of knowledge hidden in the tour guide's head and he was able to tailor the talk to fit the mood and interest of the diverse group. He was simultaneously enigmatic, informative, articulate and basically, just great. He was even happy to stop for a beer afterwards to gives us a few extra snippets of local esoteric insight, and recommend a few other sights and places to visit.

1  Thank mark z
AdeA_11, Owner at Nottingham Robin Hood Town Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Many thanks for the great review. Glad you picked up on the finer points of my art. Crafting the raw material on the spot makes it alot more difficult but it keeps it fresh and alive. Cheers!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Apart from the cricket at Trent Bridge, this was undoubtedly the highlight of our trip to Nottingham. Ezekiel took us on a bespoke tour of the town, providing interesting and amusing anecdotes of the tale of Robin Hood and the history of Nottingham. A real character. Pay the extra cash and get him to dress up in his Robin Hood costume!

2  Thank Derek B

'A real character'. Liking it! Years of practice mate : ) Thanks for writing the review!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have recently moved to the area to live and so were wishing to learn more about our new home area. This was a fabulous afternoon, and really good value for money. The tour lasted two and a half hours, but the amount of detail and the special animated delivery of the history of the town by Ezekial Bone was first rate. We are certain that we will attend more tours of the City, and also visit the caves and the Galleries of Justice at a later date. This is something that Nottingham has needed for a long time for its tourist trade! We have visited Nottingham for years and have been searching for something like this. Brilliant!

2  Thank Janet H

Thanks for the brilliant review! The amount of detail and the animated delivery is what sets it apart from the usual tour so I am really pleased it made your day. Other tours await and all have their own style! Bless you.