“We go Every Week”

Burton Joyce Fish Bar
Ranked #284 of 1,351 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We do a chip shop run every friday from work good food and quick Staff very good will tell you if its cheaper on a offer we won't go anywhere else

1  Thank john s

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very poor. I have recently moved to the village and thought I would support the local chippy. I tried it three times to give it the benefit of the doubt and it was poor every time. The chips are brown because they are reheated chips from a previous session. They are greasy and the portions are not generous. I tried a chicken kebab on my third visit, at £4 odd it was poor value and chewy. I was afforded one pincer of chicken meat in a large pitta and was given brown salad. I will not be going there again.

5  Thank HungryMan528
Reviewed April 14, 2013

but when it's not, it's average. On a good day probably the best in the area but not consistent. Everything seems to be cooked to order now so there is usually a wait, however that's when it's best. Portions have got smaller and prices bigger!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Called into this Chip shop today for a few snack type meals, we had a few bits and bob's and ALL were very good!! (Wish I had tried the fish now)

Not very often to you get BROWN chips these days, as they all seem to look pasty and undercooked in my eyes, but these were REALLY LOVELY, golden brown!!

The staff Customer Service was a lot to be desired though, as a previous reviewer mentioned but we were served quick quickly anyway.

Maybe will call again and try the full Fish & Chips next time :)

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

No doubt the food is excellent and the portions are generous, however the staff (mostly young & female) are surly, rude and abrupt. If there was another F&C shop we wouldn't use this one.

1  Thank bearbence