“Birthday Party.”

The Elwes Arms
Ranked #23 of 1,266 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Privately owned, family run pub and restaurant in the heart of Carlton. The Elwes arms uses fresh locally sourced produce to prepare homemade delicious cooking. We cater for most allergies and can accommodate all special requirements. Functions are our speciality, with packages to suit all budgets and occasions from Baby showers, Christenings, Weddings, Family occasions, Birthday Parties,retirment and farewell parties including funeral wakes. We have a very active events and entertainment diary. Please visit Facebook for the latest updates.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just had a birthday party for my mum who was 90 years old on 9/2/2013.The whole party was very impressed with the service and attention given to everyones needs.Becky has really got a great eye for detail,and nothing was any trouble at all.The food was the best i have had and for once it was piping hot.Considering it was for a large party made this extra hard.I have been to most of the local public houses locally but this was the best by far.We will be eating there again for sure.Well done to all the staff and thankyou.

Karen and David.

1  Thank david j

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This evening was an excellent success. The starters were delicious, the main courses were absolutely delightful.

There was plenty of food, nothing was to much trouble for the staff, and this was eaten in very convivial surroundings.

An evening we thoroughly enjoyed.

We shall definitely go back again.

1  Thank Pat M B
Reviewed September 20, 2012

First visit due to being on the wrong side of town. I went with my girlfriend for a lunchtime meal with a Wowcher voucher.

At first glance it's your average pub in the middle of a nice residential area. Inside is nicely decorated and spacious. I got the impression it had just had new tenants who were trying to make a go of it.

Not many mid day diners so had no problem with service. In fact the pub had a handful of customers only. From it's location I'm guessing it's an evening pub.

I had a very nice chorizo and bacon starter and the other half had crab cakes. Both were lovely. For mains my partner had a reasonable chicken but would have preferred my chunky chips to the fries. Overall she enjoyed her meal.

I had possibly the meatiest and most filling meat pie and chunky chips I have ever had. It was very very nice.

The meals were not expensive but there are cheaper out there at £9 to £11, more for steak. Also 2 pints at over £7 is possibly the most expensive round I have had in Nottingham outside of a restaurant.

Overall we really enjoyed our meal and the restaurant and staff were great. Bit pricey for a pub but we got a good deal with our voucher. Hope they do well.

2  Thank Stevie999_10
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was our third visit in about two months (on vouchers). The standard of food outstanding each time. Good choice of starters,spoilt for choice. Highly,highly recommended.

1  Thank Barry B
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were given a voucher for Afternoon Tea at the Elwes Arms by our daughter and it was a real treat. There were just two of us, but the food - which had quite obviously been freshly prepared - would have easily been enough for four. The young man who served us was friendly, attentive and polite, without being overbearing and we didn't have to wait at all. As it was a gift, I don't know the cost, but my daughter assures me it was good value.

1  Thank MrsT5