“Terrible!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Terrible!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived at 5pm, the time stated on the door to open. We could see that they were not quite ready, and were moving a large bag of onions. We waited outside patiently, but they seemed to be ignoring us. After a while I asked if they were open, and one of the guys said "yes, but we are not ready!". We waited outside again, but was then informed we could go in. The restaurant was empty, and after our meal we understood why! First we found that their was no paper towels or toilet roll in the washrooms. We informed the staff, but 30 mins later still nothing had happened. Service was slow, impolite and generally a poor dining experience. All the waiters and the Manager spent a lot of their time on the phone. We asked about the food we were ordering, but our waiter (the Restaurant Manager) was vague, and we had no idea of what to expect. After the food arrived, we found items that we expected missing, a bit like ordering a hamburger that arrives with no meat! So we ordered the missing elements, but the waiter's attitude was not conducive to providing an adequate level of service. Finally, we decided to leave, and I purposely asked my family to exit the restaurant before me so I could give them a piece of my mind. All in all avoid this place. You'll find better service at McDonalds!

1 Thank B6HSH

UK
“Average food, awful service.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Starters were ok - my pomfret fish fry was actually rather nice. No drinks orders were taken and so we had to go to the bar to order drinks which were then very slow to arrive. Main course was average and service was generally very slow. When we came to pay, we were given the bill for the table next to us.

• Visited July 2012
Bengaluru, India
“Nice food but overall Average”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

They got good variety in food but taste was not that great. Even service is also average, only single lady was taking order and getting food. Location and atmoshpere is good. I would recommend to other who wants to have just south indian food like dosa, idli etc.

• Visited June 2012
Nottingham
“Do not eat here”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I thought the ratings on Trip Advisor were rather harsh but I was completely wrong. The meal was our worst ever.The gentleman who took our order was supposed to advise us. Unfortunately his English was very poor and he was unclear. My wife had a fish starter, which was vey flat and consisted of numerous bones and little flesh. My chicken, with a special spice concoction, was very dry and came with a piece of lettuce, which I presumed was a salad. We both chose lamb for the main course only to be told they had no lamb left. I chose the chicken with 23 authentic ingrediants. This consisted of four small pieces of chicken with a tasteless sauce. My wife, who had requested that her main cause was mild was given a hotter sauce than mine. This was returned and within minutes the waitress returned with a milder dish with three pieces of meat. We both tried it and it was uneatable. We immediately left and upon paying the bill were overcharged and the deserts were charged from the next table. As we had booked with a voucher we only had to pay for the drinks. The toilets at this restaurant were smelly and the staffs children were screaming and running around. The only reason I gave a one star is for the young lady who tried her best to apologise in the managers absence. Should you have a voucher I suggest you do not use it and try and regain your cash.

• Visited June 2012
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“No more there in Derby”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were looking forward to having lunch time dosa and other south Indian delights. Unfortunately it has closed down in Derby.

Visited May 2012