“Really bad go elsewhere”
Review of Via Fossa

Via Fossa
Ranked #458 of 1,421 Restaurants in Nottingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Really bad go elsewhere”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went here for a stag part. Before going anywhere I always read reviews, although they were bad I didn't book the venue so no choice. The entertainment was ok ish. The wine served tasted like the powdered wine you can buy and just add water. The "soup" was spicy water with a small piece of bread with no butter and although we asked for more bread we received none. One table got some shreded limp salad which no-one else received. They then brought out some ribs, these measured about 2" by 3" and you got one. I asked if I could have more which the reply was, don't worry there is another couple of courses. We had waited so long just to get to that point and we're told the other courses were similar in quantity to what we had already been given, we left and went to subway.When we first arrived for the banquet I used the toilet and found someone had been sick in the sink. When we left 2 hours later I used the toilet again to find the sick still there. Do not bother going here. It is very poor quality food, drink, entertainment and obviously poor cleanliness which makes you wonder about the kitchens.

1 Thank dave2743

Port Hedland, Australia
“Only thing it has is good location!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Went there with 3 friends on a Wednesday night. It was nice weather, so it's really nice to sit outside by the water.
However, it wasn't particularly busy, but there were many tables that needed clearing.
The barmaid made several mistakes with our drinks and didn't really care that it was taking so long just to order 2 drinks.
We had to wait about 45 minutes for our food. When we received it, the cutlery was disgustingly dirty. I had beef pie, the beef was incredibly fatty, the pie was about 80% chunky horrible pastry, the peas were hard and the mash was like school dinner mash!
hmm not good.
The meals are cheap though so you don't really expect much... but you at least expect it to be edible.
Went for a visit to the toilets before I left and they were very very dirty.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Clare974
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Via Fossa, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Clare974

Thank you for your recent review. Your feedback was of great concern to hear and I would like to investigate this further with the Management at the Via Fossa. I have sent you a private message with details of our contact form and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks

Original Pub Company
“Absolutely disgusting!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Horrible experience here! Dirty pub, warmed up food which was tasteless and obviously not fresh. Food arrived very late, some tables and chairs outside were broke or dirty, not a nice experience.
We really wished we'd eaten in fellows, Morton and Clayton as its a much better place!!
Do not go here!!!!

1 Thank Mbiston
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Via Fossa Pub, Nottingham”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I went to the Via Fossa pub, Canal Street, Nottingham on 10th April 2011. Please avoid this place like the plague. I arrived at 12.55pm and ordered a burger and chips, I was served 70 minutes later. That is one hour and ten minutes. The girl behind the bar with the purple hair served short measures of Guinness so I had to go back each time to ask her to give us full pints. No one botherd to collect up the used glasses from the tables. Overall a pathetic extablishment.

1 Thank Advent163