“You get what you pay for”

may sum buffet restaurant
Ranked #559 of 1,405 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: post code NG1 6LF tele 0115 912 2000 ‎
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Every time I go here it is always very busy but sometimes I think they need to turn people away rather than cramming more tables in. Went today and the table we were given still had bits of food on it from the previous people and there seemed to be food on the floor everywhere. Food is generally good and they have a nice selection. Not exactly authentic Chinese food but like I said, you get what you pay for and just under £7 for all you can eat isn't bad.

1 Thank Peter S

• Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Awful Food, Service Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Decided to visit with a group of six friends one evening. The second I walked in I knew we had made a mistake. We had to wait 20 minuets to be seated by an extremely rude man at the door despite having booked. The decor is dated and the atmosphere can only be described as 'obese chav'. There is plenty on offer, but it is all un-authentic westernised excuses for Chinese food. The quality was terrible, the meat was warm//cold, chicken was of lowest quality and tasted 'mechanically reclaimed'. Every person who worked there who came into contact with my table was dismissive and extremely rude. On the whole it was probably the worst actually Chinese meal I have ever had. I will not be returning and would not recommend a visit to any of my friends. Stay away!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Joe K
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best buffet in nottingham.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

May sum is very good and is usually always busy which reflects that its a decent restaurant. The food is always tasty and consistant with a good selection. Very good value for money we always tend to go for lunch or before the evening.

• Visited December 2012
“nice food but..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Visited February 2013
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

As mentioned by other contributors the May Sum is usually very busy, which is a plus in a buffet restaurant as it means that the food on offer is always being replenished and is therefore very fresh. There is an excellent selection of dishes and, overall, the price represents good value.

When busy, the service can be a tad slow, e.g waiting for a table or getting drinks, but I wouldn't let this small flaw put you off, and the restaurant is certainly worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013