“Very good for the price”
Review of Red Hot World Buffet - CLOSED

Red Hot World Buffet
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: In a ‘world of escapism’ guests can start their journey in a restaurant inspired by international travel, passing through a ‘check-in’ desk before descending to ‘passport control’ and the bar in the ‘departure lounge’. The dining area itself includes a real Cessna aircraft hanging from the ceiling and private dining alcoves using seats from first class aircraft cabins.Once seated your next destination is the food area giving you the opportunity to interact with five-star chefs to design bespoke dishes, cooked fresh to order, all for one set price. Customers can stick to just one type of cuisine or concoct a combination unique to their taste, as well as helping themselves to the brand’s famous buffet of ready-made delights.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is always busy which must mean a lot of people like it! We went as a group pre arena show. I found everything to be really hot, and replace quickly once empty. We went on a Saturday night, so I expect the choice is larger, but we had a really good choice of food. I booked only 1 hour before arrival which was no problem. The hostess was polite and accommodating.

It was exactly as I expected, and just as good as previous visits a few years ago. No complaints, and would definitely go again.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having visited here a few years ago and my girlfriend having been to the one in Leeds recently we dined here on Saturday about 5pm before a concert at the Capital FM arena, our "ordeal" started as we rang up to book and a very rude, argumentative man actually disagreed with their opening times when they were stated on the website insinuating my girlfriend was lying when we had the website open in front of us!

When we arrived there we were hardly even acknowledged let alone greeted, they sat us in the corner and went about their very important task of laying cutlery on tables... so important in fact when we had to get up and ask for drinks the waiter said "in a minute" and carried on laying the other empty tables with no sense of urgency, then had no charisma and mumbled through our drink order.

We went to the buffet which as it had just opened we expected fresh hot food, what we had in front of us was neither of the above, poor selection, looked like it had been heated up from lunch service. As we were hungry and in a rush we just settled for it. No one asked how our meal was.

Also the tables are SOO cramped, it was like an obstacle course getting back to our table, our plates were taken before we had finished and we were barked at by the staff.

I have worked in the Hospitality industry for 12 years and am not for complaining but i felt i had to say something, the manager was a surly man who had no interest in listening to my feedback stating "no one else has complained about it".... (Having read other reviews this is not the case) he was not receptive to feedback and he thought by giving us £4 of our bill everything was ok when it was not a question of the money.

All in all i would never go back here because of the food, cleanliness, staff.. 3 quite crucial aspects when dining out!

3  Thank Izzy L
Reviewed December 2, 2012

nice food some was a bit cold on some of dishes not on hot plates right....went for a birthday party group of 20 big mistake no room around the table cramped all up could not move had to climb over chair to get out and get food very uncomfortable banging in to next table had to go and get drinks from bar took 15-20 to get a drink.....STAFF WELL WHAT CAN I SAY SO RUDE ESPECIALLY THE MANAGER RUDE MAN WAS ON THE 30TH OF NOV 2012..... WATCH YOUR BILLS GUYS THEY BANG ON 70P A HEAD FOR THERE SERVICE CHARGE...AND YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY THIS AND THEY DONT TELL YOU ABOUT IT TOO SO WATCH IT PEOPLE.... Was not happy over all

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We visited this restaurant in November last year for my sons birthday and it was very busy but fine. Earlier this year we visted the Leeds one which is much bigger and felt like a cattle market,you know get em in, get em out and apart from the desserts the food wasnt good. My son decided he wanted to visit the Nottingham one again this year and take his friends (he is 13) we booked a table expecting it to be busy but were suprised to find that it wasnt and soon found out why. A woman who i took to be a manager as she had a suit on (but no name badge) showed us to our table, which probably could have sat 4 comfortably but was actually for 7. We asked for jugs of squash (as they had provided these for the children last year) to be told that they would be £6 each. Yes that is not a typo £6 for a jug of orange or blackcurant squash! I am in business myself so i know about profits and overheads but that is ridiculous! When asked about the price she said she has the charge the equivalent cost per glass but squash isnt even on the menu!
The food was ok but we found dirty cutlery and the staff were bored and seemed to see customers as an inconvenience. I never saw one of them smile or make eye contact, it took several attempts to catch someones attention to ask for drinks and for the bill. When my daughter asked if they did student discount this got us £1 off a £73 bill and when i paid the same lady in the suit she took the money, checked it and turned her back. Not a smile, not a thank you not a kiss my a..s, they even had the cheek to add 5% to the bill as here was over 5 people in our party! Service? what service? apart from clearing plates and bringing drinks (eventually) we had no service. My whole impression was the same as Leeds, get em in, get em out and was completely different to the year before despite them being only half as busy. We wont be returning and from what we saw other people are voting with their feet. A smile and a bit of warmth costs nothing and in such a competative market place if they dont buck up they will soon be shut up!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Excellent price for the varied selection of good food. I thought they are spreading themselves a bit thinly though 'over the continents' as very little Mexican and Italiano, not a great deal of Chinese but lots of Indian. What there was, is very good though.