“Mothers Day Meal - just lovely”
Review of China china

China china
Ranked #497 of 1,414 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Mothers Day Meal - just lovely”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great food, we had a complete mixture of set menus and personal choices and all came cooked just perfectly.

Fab wine menu.

The staff were fun and knowledgeable and we weren't rushed at all especially when we were the last ones to leave the restaurant!

We will definitely go back although it is a treat as is it more expensive than other Chinese restaurants but well worth it!

Visited March 2013

Ruislip, United Kingdom
“The reason I love Dim Sum and Chinese Food!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

China China (now called Man's), was the reason for starting my addiction with Dim Sum and Chinese cuisine.

The venue is a large, dark but very elegant place. With high ceilings and focal lighting.

The food is outstanding. The place is usually full of Chinese people,and a lot of my Chinese friends will only go to this restaurant as they feel it is the most authentic. The dim sum is superb, especially the Honey Roasted pork, Roast pork puff, beef cheung fun. It was incredibly tasty and I have no doubt it is the best dim sum, and probably the best Chinese restaurant in Nottingham!

The price is incredible. For 5 of us it came to £80, which is amazing! I cannot wait to come back and eat myself to happiness again!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SBhatt87
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Chinese Service”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although this restaurant has a fair reputation for good chinese cuisine, service is an issue.
I recently visited the restaurant on a cold February day and waited for a table. Although the place had only chinese customers, (Always a good sign), it was half-full. I waited patiently until a young chinese pair entered and waited with me. The chinese waitress immediately approached and asked them where they wanted to sit. The couple, were slightly embaressed, and indicated that I was first in the que.I indicated that I wanted a table for one whereupon I was told that I would have to wait and the waitress immediately turned back to the couple and began leading them to a small table.I left. Clearly a place for chinese restaurant-goers.

Visited February 2013
Nottingham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service at mr man's Chapel Bar, Nottingham”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

There were 5 of us who went for a birthday meal and the service was awful. We booked for 8pm sat down at 8.30pm had starters at 9.30pm and mains at 10.30pm. The food wasnt bad but the whole experience was a let down I will not be repeating the experience. The first time I went was when it was called China China and that was great. There was not enough staff and one of our waitresses asked if we knew anyone who would be interested in a job because they were short staffed !!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Linda042
Nottingham
“Such good value for excellent meals”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been to this restaurant many times (I worked close by, my boss and I used to lunch there together frequently). Service was always attentive but not intrusive, and the lunchtime special is such superb value. Two courses for less than a tenner, and I have never tasted such delicious meals of this type at any other restaurant. Great food, great value.

• Visited October 2012