“Would visit again and recommend this hotel”

Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Bestwood weekend 3 May 2014 for my sons wedding. Wonderful hotel in beautiful setting, staff were very attentive who couldn't do enough for you, food was very good. Alright so the hotel does need some TLC but I am sure that they are updating in stages - I think some of the comments regarding the hotel etc are from people who watch Four in a Bed programme. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and just wished we could have stayed a little longer to explore the beautiful grounds. Seriously considering a return visit.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KenandJan

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

In dire need of updating, rooms very dirty looking, we ate in the restaurant which also was very dated, and the food was nothing special, the chicken filling was akin to baby food, yuck :( the staff aren't very professional in my opinion either, the managers seem too busy to care about guests comments! Won't be using a big chain like Best Western again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dizzy85
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Pretty poor experience, arriving to find the keycards did not work in the locks. Tired room with a white toilet, brown wood seat, a grey sink & lime green bath. No remote for the TV & dirty carpets with wallpaper peeling off. The bed however wad comfortable & spacious. Staff are courteous & attentive. Shame the council own it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Jon S
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We attended a family wedding on the 4/4/14 & stayed over night. The wedding was wonderful & the staff couldn't do enough to help. The bedroom was basic but very clean & comfortable,check in time is from 2pm onwards & check out is 11am.

Breakfast is from 8-10 at the weekends.Their was a wide selection on offer & you could have as much as you liked. They are very accomidating and will do fried or poached eggs if requested.

Overall we had a lovey time & stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank emma8356
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed 2 nights to attend a family wedding at the hotel. The staff worked tirelessly to get function rooms ready. The breakfast was very good, buffet style, with lots of choice to cover most tastes. The wedding meal was good, roast beef dinner with all the trimmings, plenty of it!! We had room 15, twin, spacious, bedding clean, hot water flowing well. Having read some of the awful reviews on here, I was pleasantly surprised with the standard we had. Okay this is a period building with creaking floorboards and some of the communal areas eg staircases, landings would benefit from more cleaning, but I cannot fault the service we got from staff. I would recommend this hotel. The grounds are lovely, so quiet at night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine B
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at bestwood lodge for a wedding on 29th march. The wedding was exceptional the food was great. Then in the morning when checking out that is when the problem occured. We was given a price minus 15% the price given was between £80-90 minus the discount but when we were given the bill the price was over £90 including discount. When I asked if this was right the receptionist said yes because the room rates change daily and depending when you booked what you got charged. To me that is not right so I wont be staying there again because you get conned into paying what they want to charge.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Christine S
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The bedroom was dirty the windows didn't close properly so the room remained cold. There is a large gap under the door so you didn't need to use the main light in the room! The wallpaper is peeling and the curtain is nailed to the wall.
Now for the bathroom, the whole room was crap, I don't wholly blame the cleaner as it needs stripping out and starting again.
Next the food, unfortunately I booked a Christmas lunch on Christmas Day (2013) which was a buffet, I will say the meat especially the beef was cooked very well, the vegetables however were over cooked or as in the case of the roast potatoes they weren't roasted at all they were squidgey lumps. I thought this maybe a one off, but no when I stayed over and ordered a cooked breakfast, on its arrival I looked at it, and got a medal from my sister for even daring to try it. I was not the only one to leave their cooked breakfast there were to other tables to!ig
I don't now what a building inspector would say, but the main tower above the entrance has it's lightning conductor hanging off the roof and has been for quite a while, the one on the chapel is ok.

Please consider before you make booking.

Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Jujogs F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nottingham
Park Inn by Radisson Nottingham
Cockliffe Country House Hotel
Colwick Hall Hotel
Colwick Hall Hotel
#5 of 41 in Nottingham

Been to Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!