2,615 results
All reviews victoria centre breakfast was excellent family room nightlife theatre
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019

Lovely staff shame about the hotel its self. The room was tiny, to warm we tried to turn down the radiator but it wouldn't lower. Bed was to high for a short person like me and it was very uncomfortable. Breakfast was lovely.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DavidRowley2016, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Thank you for your kind comment about our Team members and your breakfast experience, I am sorry to hear our rooms were not to your liking.
Thank you for bringing the issues you had with the radiator to our attention, I will ensure that the feedback are is passed to the Maintenance Manager and immediate improvements are made. I hope I can assure you that your feedback will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our service further.
Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and I hope we will welcome you back in the future and be able to restore your faith in our hotel.
David Rowley

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business, unfortunately this hotel is quite old and worn and the rooms could especially do with renovation.

The corridors are very dark with grubby walls and the room not much better, whilst clean it was old with worn out furniture, stains on the carpet and walls and the bathroom was past its best.

The curtains didn’t fit the window properly so the light came flooding in 5am meaning I didn’t get the best nights sleep.

The staff however were very friendly and gave great customer service.

There are much better hotel options in Nottingham for the same price as the Hilton so unfortunately I wouldn’t return.

Trip type: Traveled on business
DavidRowley2016, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your stay at the Hotel.
I am pleased the team were a positive addition to the experience and I will share the great feedback. I appreciate you sharing our view on our rooms. We do hope to shortly begin refurbishment of the hotel and are aiming to capture some of the hotels Victorian heritage as well as some modern elements in the design.
I do hope you will choose to stay with us again in future.

Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

I stay in nottingham alot for business and usually stay else where. This particular eveining there was cricket on at trent bridge so my choices were limited so went with the hilton thinking it would be comparable to other big city centre hotels. Unfortunately the hotel is Old fashioned, the room i was given was tiny and cramped the furniture damaged and dated and was overlooking a brick wall. Also i was surprised that the hotel wifi is chargeable ar 12.99 per day for guests which is ridiculous as I don't think i have been charged for wifi in a hotel for years and certainly not with its local competitors. Parking is at the shopping centre across the street and is reasonably charged. Didn't pay for breakfast but there is a macdonalds next door.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Hilton Nottingham.
I do hope you will choose to stay with us again in future.

Reviewed May 15, 2019

Staff and housekeeping excellent, cleanliness of good standard. Rooms need refurbishment as fittings are worn. Fluffy towels made up for the broken tiles and poor shower head. Food fresh and appetising. Car parking costly, working out at £12 per day.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re happy to hear our team members and service were to your liking and I am very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms.
Please be assured your feedback has been shared with relevant departments for any immediate improvements.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

A Hilton with plusses and minuses. Traditional building which along with the nearby clocktower are the last remaining remnants of the original train station in the city centre, when the Hilton was the station hotel. Ground floor reception, lounge, refubished contemporary brasserie/breakfast diner are immaculately presented even if some breakfast tables amused us with so much stuff on the table there was little room left for actual (very lovely) breakfast.
The basement is home to a Living Well gym, but the best bit is the pool (properly warm) and one of the best (hottest) saunas and steam rooms we have ever used. (a decent sauna is a measure of success for us).
Sweeping traditional staircase or take the lift. Our room on 5th floor was one of the smallest on the fire escape floor plans. Squeezing a basic en suite (I stopped loving shower curtains years ago) into the corner of a Victorian room, add furniture = passing each other as we navigated around got tricky!
I’m sure the bigger rooms are more “Hilton”. Just manage your expectations and let the helpful staff and that sauna compensate!
Hotel is really handy for theatre, town and parking but obtain instructions from hotel to help your sat nav direct you correctly and avoid the £60 fine for accidentally entering a restricted bus lane zone from the wrong direction. We parked in the multi storey opposite which the hotel validates the ticket to discount the price. Look out for Hilton customers reserved spaces on level 2.
We did not have dinner as we were at an event with catering provided elsewhere in the evenings.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulaBridget100
DavidRowley2016, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Thank you for taking a moment to share such a detailed experience following your recent stay with us at Hilton Nottingham
It is always a pleasure to read positive feedback such as yours and we are truly grateful for the time taking to provide your feedback.
Please do keep us in mind for any future visits as it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Kind Regards