“Weekend break”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Worcester Park, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I better start by thanking the staff at the Nottingham Hilton for sending my shoes left at the hotel last weekend so quickly much appreciated!! However I am sorry to say that our experience was not up to our usual high standard experienced at other Hilton Hotels.

The door entrance was absolutely filthy it had a horrible bleach smell and some weird and loud music was coming from the lobby. Not a good start!! The reception area was really shabby and it needs a complete overall, a deep clean and a generally up lift. The actual lift was dirty and shabby which led to the corridor which was painted a dirty yellow colour not matching the dirty old carpet.

The double room was okay and the bathroom facilities were excellent what spoilt it was the amount of dust on top of the wardrobe it showered down when I opened the doors and the dust around the bed legs.

Breakfast was a disaster firstly you can not make a bar area in my view as a restaurant serving breakfast it just does not work. Secondly balancing on bar stools trying to eat breakfast is not very comfortable. My cheese and ham omelette was like a dogs dinner and the waitress agreed with me and returned it to the kitchen. I understand the head chef came on duty and my omelette came out better. Several ingredients on the breakfast bar ran out and items promised like black pudding, haggis and smoked salmon apparently are not served at weekends!!!

The reception staff did not answer the telephone and when we came down to reception we could see that the phone was flashing but no one was answering. We actually had a call through to Hilton Honours who could not contact the hotel we transferred them to the duty manager standing at reception.

The whole place requires an urgent refit and a strong management team to sort out the problems. We left a day early and went on to the the Lincoln Hilton which was far superior and a better atmosphere and a better organised stay

Room Tip: The room we had was sufficiently large but there are no good views as the hotel sits right in the ci...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Mike D,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am pleased to hear that our team members were able to return your lost property back to you in an extremely quick manner, I am very sorry that you do not appear to have enjoyed your experience at our Hotel.

I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience at our Hotel and I can assure you that your feedback will most definitely be addressed with the relevant heads of Department in order to ensure that issues such as the ones you experienced are never experienced again, as they will not be tolerated.

Hilton Nottingham will not accept anything less than perfection for our Guests and relevant action will be taken immediately in order to ensure that our extremely high standards do not slip again.

I am however pleased to hear that your following experience at a Hilton Hotel was much better. I do hope that we can welcome you back to Hilton Hotels again, as it would be our pleasure to do so.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 28, 2014

No fridge, no minibar, old mattresses, noisy bed, dirty sheets, noisy floors, stuff that does not help, we had to get our ice and a bottle opener ourselves. No bath robes and when I requested them we got them without belts, when I requested belts they said they run out of bath robes - without even informing me!
When we came back old towels were taken but no new towels put back! Only one shampoo and hair conditioner, also it was clear that we are two people! When I opened the door to look for the cleaning service staff to ask, there was a man obviously cleaning/changing in rooms and when I asked him about the bath robes and conditioner he replied that he does not speak English! And this is in a Hilton in England!
Then I rang a reception to ask for an extra hair conditioner and 10 minutes later someone knocked the door and walked in with... a huge AIR CONDITIONER! I couldn't stop laughing. It was just everything wrong at that hotel. The only nice moment was at the end - it was a concierge who was very nicely explaining us how to get out of that city:). Thanks for that.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Lenin L,

Thank you for your recent review about your recent experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your time here with us at our Hotel and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you may have encountered as a result.

Please rest assured that this is most definitely not Hilton Nottingham's usual level of standards and will not continue to be so. I will be sure to inform each and every one of the relevan Department Managers in order to ensure that this issues you have highlighted are rectified immediately.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to a Hilton Hotel again in the enar future.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel is literally in the city centre with many shops and restaurants nearby! It's also within walking distance to Victoria Shopping Centre. The room was okay - plenty of creaking boards though. Breakfast was average - nothing to shout about. Do request for a room on the higher floors as the street outside can be very noisy and annoying particularly at night.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear shaunkhaw,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience here with us, which was made even better by our fantastic city centre location, which provided you with a great base to explore the city and all it has to offer.

I am however sorry to hear that you did not find our Breakfast to have been exceptional as Hilton Nottingham pride ourselves of the extremely high quality breakfasts served. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Head chef to ensure full standards are resumed.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

sincerely,

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2014

On arrival and after trying to find the hotels Carpark which is no easy task at all, I was greeted by a frosty receptionist who checked me in and gave no further information - in my experience all hotels inform you of meals times etc. I had a table in the restaurant booked for 7.15 which I wanted to change due to my colleagues stuck on the motorway. I asked the receptionist if I could change my time and she said no you need to speak to the restaurant. I then had to ask where the
Restaurant and was and was greeted with a point of the figure and an over there!!! My room was on the first floor and was very tired and uninviting - basic springs to mind. During the night it rained which was awful as outside of the window which had to be open due to the room being very stuffy and hot there is a roof of plastic which you can imagine the rain hitting this was like a group of drummers outside of room. No sleep, bad service from the off, restaurant offering basic choices
And okay if you only like burgers and a choice of three salads. Bar closed at 11.50pm even though some of my colleagues still required a drink. Overall a very poor hotel of which I would have expected more. I don't think the Hilton brand will be visited by myself again. The only positive thing I can say is that concierge was very helpful as I we were running an event here , but again we were very unhappy with the hotel and meetings department as most unhelpful.

Room Tip: Avoid room 104
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LBB40
Dear LBB40,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your overall experience here with us. Please rest assured that I will be taking your concerns very seriously and will be addressing them with the relevant department Managers in order to ensure that any issues are recitified immediately.

I am sorry that we will not be able to welcome you back to our Hotel again in the future, as it would have been our pleasure to provide you with a much more enjoyable experience next time around.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Decent hotel in a very good location, right in the heart of the city. Room was average. The staff I encountered all were courteous and helpful. The hotel is slightly below par with respect to other Hilton properties...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear BKOLPL,

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time here with us, especially our fantastic city centre location which provided you with immediate access to all the city has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that you found the staff to have been friendly and attentive providing you with great customer service.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel again in the near future and look forward to doing so.

sincerely,

United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Lovely hotel ideally located at the heart of Nottingham for a fab weekend. Very clean and extremely comfortable. We didn't use much of the facilities that were on offer, but there was everything you could want. We would certainly go back again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Chris K,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time here with us, especially our fantastic city centre location which provided you with immediate access to all the city has to offer.

I will be sure to pass on your very kind review to the Team here as they too will be thrilled to hear of your excellent experience.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Got there at 14.30 was told room not quite ready be ready guaranteed at 15.00 so we went to the restaurant and paid nearly £40 for a bar snack which took us up to 16.20 so went for our key to be told room not ready and going to be a couple of hours yet. Our event was at 18.30 so had to change in car no shower, no hair straightened no make up no chill out before event and had to drink home so could not relax and partake in a drink. No apology and dead keen to cancel us and ship us out. Disgusting. Also I'm disabled and needed to elevate my leg and now have a terribly swollen ankle. All in all a massive stink. Forget you Hilton Hotels forever more.

• Stayed May 2014
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Becky W,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced and would like to offer my sincere apologies. Please rest assured that I will be addressingt heis with all parties concerned and can assure you that this will not happen again.

I would like to take the opportunity to assure you that this is most definitely not Hilton Nottingham's usual level of service and will not continue to be so.