I better start by thanking the staff at the Nottingham Hilton for sending my shoes left at the hotel last weekend so quickly much appreciated!! However I am sorry to say that our experience was not up to our usual high standard experienced at other Hilton Hotels.
The door entrance was absolutely filthy it had a horrible bleach smell and some weird and loud music was coming from the lobby. Not a good start!! The reception area was really shabby and it needs a complete overall, a deep clean and a generally up lift. The actual lift was dirty and shabby which led to the corridor which was painted a dirty yellow colour not matching the dirty old carpet.
The double room was okay and the bathroom facilities were excellent what spoilt it was the amount of dust on top of the wardrobe it showered down when I opened the doors and the dust around the bed legs.
Breakfast was a disaster firstly you can not make a bar area in my view as a restaurant serving breakfast it just does not work. Secondly balancing on bar stools trying to eat breakfast is not very comfortable. My cheese and ham omelette was like a dogs dinner and the waitress agreed with me and returned it to the kitchen. I understand the head chef came on duty and my omelette came out better. Several ingredients on the breakfast bar ran out and items promised like black pudding, haggis and smoked salmon apparently are not served at weekends!!!
The reception staff did not answer the telephone and when we came down to reception we could see that the phone was flashing but no one was answering. We actually had a call through to Hilton Honours who could not contact the hotel we transferred them to the duty manager standing at reception.
The whole place requires an urgent refit and a strong management team to sort out the problems. We left a day early and went on to the the Lincoln Hilton which was far superior and a better atmosphere and a better organised stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the shopping and cultural delights of historic Nottingham from Hilton Nottingham hotel. This Nottingham hotel is a beautiful Victorian building situated in the heart of the city center, with contemporary décor and furnishings throughout the interior. Featuring a 60 foot indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, the longest hotel pool in the city, a fully equipped LivingWell health club and fitness center and a business center for corporate events and business guests, this unique Nottingham hotel is a delight for guests visiting historic Nottingham on business or to take in the sights and sounds.Step into Nottingham restaurant Nicholson’s Bar and Diner and enjoy modern and stylish American cuisine in an upscale diner setting, perfect for group dining or intimate romantic meals. Choose delicious cocktails from the extensive drinks menu and relax before a sampling the popular and lively night life that Nottingham has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nottingham Hotel Nottingham
- Hilton International Nottingham
- Nottingham Hilton International