Stayed at the Hilton Nottingham for one night as a base for going to the Capital FM Arena.
Background: stayed here in March as my husband took his daughter to see Justin Bieber. The stay was a disaster from start to finish so they invited us back to the hotel with the offer of free accommodation. So we took them up on their offer and booked tickets to see Micky Flanagan.
The correspondence with Hilton Nottingham regarding the stay (Fiona) was very good and dealt with in a very professional manner, even extending the timeframe to accommodate us. Thank you.
We arrived last night at 1930, everything people say about the nightmare of a one way system is absolutely true, so were running late and were quickly and very professionally booked in by Imran on Reception (who is an absolute star by the way).
Given the nightmare we had last time and the fact this was a complimentary stay I would have thought they would have at least have put us in a room that was beyond reproach. It wasn't to be.
The room itself was ok-ish on entering. Not huge, but we were only going to sleep in it after all. The issues we had were around the general cleanliness and maintenance.
The bathroom had SEVEN cracked tiles on the floor, one of which was quite sharp and 1 tile by the bath that was loose on the floor.
On the surface above the tea and coffee facilities was tea stained and we thought it was stained through use, but when my husband touched it, it was very sticky and could be removed. The room was dirty.
The room had an air cooler which was one of those tower affairs which stood about 4ft tall and about 2ft across which was great until you put it on. At that point you understood why it was leaning against the wall....it only had three wheels which meant when you put it on it was unstable and fell over!
There were stains on the radiator and the carpet, stain on the net curtain and a rather dubious piece of 'matter' behind the bedside light. My husband thinks it is the type of matter one would find in ones nose....but we can not confirm that, obviously.
The positives at this hotel are the staff. Imran on reception, the lady at breakfast and our server Chris. The concierge was as always helpful and informative.
The bar service was very slow, but that's what you get when you have only one person serving and he is trying to make coffees, cocktails and pull pints. He desperately needed help. The bar man was brilliant and very professional. As always at this hotel, it is the staff that haul Hiltons behinds out of the fire!
The breakfast was fantastic. A good enough selection but the hot section was one of the best I have seen where everything was very well cooked and it was all very tasty. The only let down here was that the floor was absolutely filthy, but this was a common theme throughout the hotel.
The staff make this hotel but the accommodation breaks the hotel. Come on Hilton you are letting your staff and your customers down at this property.
We couldn't wait to leave. We checked in at 1930, checked out at 0800. We paid the first time, got a free nights stay the second and I wouldn't return again even if they paid me. Sounds harsh, and I feel for the staff, but I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their hard earned cash here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the shopping and cultural delights of historic Nottingham from Hilton Nottingham hotel. This Nottingham hotel is a beautiful Victorian building situated in the heart of the city center, with contemporary décor and furnishings throughout the interior. Featuring a 60 foot indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, the longest hotel pool in the city, a fully equipped LivingWell health club and fitness center and a business center for corporate events and business guests, this unique Nottingham hotel is a delight for guests visiting historic Nottingham on business or to take in the sights and sounds.Step into Nottingham restaurant Nicholson’s Bar and Diner and enjoy modern and stylish American cuisine in an upscale diner setting, perfect for group dining or intimate romantic meals. Choose delicious cocktails from the extensive drinks menu and relax before a sampling the popular and lively night life that Nottingham has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nottingham Hotel Nottingham
- Hilton International Nottingham
- Nottingham Hilton International