“Hilton Prices with Budget Quality”
Review of Hilton Nottingham

Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Nottingham for one night as a base for going to the Capital FM Arena.

Background: stayed here in March as my husband took his daughter to see Justin Bieber. The stay was a disaster from start to finish so they invited us back to the hotel with the offer of free accommodation. So we took them up on their offer and booked tickets to see Micky Flanagan.

The correspondence with Hilton Nottingham regarding the stay (Fiona) was very good and dealt with in a very professional manner, even extending the timeframe to accommodate us. Thank you.

We arrived last night at 1930, everything people say about the nightmare of a one way system is absolutely true, so were running late and were quickly and very professionally booked in by Imran on Reception (who is an absolute star by the way).

Given the nightmare we had last time and the fact this was a complimentary stay I would have thought they would have at least have put us in a room that was beyond reproach. It wasn't to be.

The room itself was ok-ish on entering. Not huge, but we were only going to sleep in it after all. The issues we had were around the general cleanliness and maintenance.

The bathroom had SEVEN cracked tiles on the floor, one of which was quite sharp and 1 tile by the bath that was loose on the floor.

On the surface above the tea and coffee facilities was tea stained and we thought it was stained through use, but when my husband touched it, it was very sticky and could be removed. The room was dirty.

The room had an air cooler which was one of those tower affairs which stood about 4ft tall and about 2ft across which was great until you put it on. At that point you understood why it was leaning against the wall....it only had three wheels which meant when you put it on it was unstable and fell over!

There were stains on the radiator and the carpet, stain on the net curtain and a rather dubious piece of 'matter' behind the bedside light. My husband thinks it is the type of matter one would find in ones nose....but we can not confirm that, obviously.

The positives at this hotel are the staff. Imran on reception, the lady at breakfast and our server Chris. The concierge was as always helpful and informative.

The bar service was very slow, but that's what you get when you have only one person serving and he is trying to make coffees, cocktails and pull pints. He desperately needed help. The bar man was brilliant and very professional. As always at this hotel, it is the staff that haul Hiltons behinds out of the fire!

The breakfast was fantastic. A good enough selection but the hot section was one of the best I have seen where everything was very well cooked and it was all very tasty. The only let down here was that the floor was absolutely filthy, but this was a common theme throughout the hotel.

The staff make this hotel but the accommodation breaks the hotel. Come on Hilton you are letting your staff and your customers down at this property.

We couldn't wait to leave. We checked in at 1930, checked out at 0800. We paid the first time, got a free nights stay the second and I wouldn't return again even if they paid me. Sounds harsh, and I feel for the staff, but I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their hard earned cash here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Nottingham

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Beware, if you arrive by car there are restrictions on the road outside, if you enter from the wrong direction and end up in the bus and taxi lane you will be liable to a £60 fine!
The hotel in average to say the least, my room was very small and in a poor state of decor and the corridors needed a good Hoover. Breakfast was ok but overall would I go back, no thanks!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been at the Hilton in Nottingham for over 80 nights this year and intend on at least another 80. The team are incredible, whenever there is a problem or something I need they take is personally and deliver. The exec rooms are modern and refreshing, the internet connection is great and works throughout the hotel. On one of my trips I brought my family up and the team here went out of their way to make them feel at home and special. Fully recommend this establishment.

Kevin Kennedy

Room Tip: Ask for 418
Reviewed November 9, 2013

City centre location, perfect for our overnight stay to see a show at the capital one arena (10-15 minute walk). I've read a lot of the reviews for this hotel and an awful lot of them seem a little harsh, but then again we were only staying one night and we were pretty lucky that our front facing (and elevator facing) room was really quiet on the night we were there. Admittedly this is a pretty average Hilton and maybe not realLy worthy of the name,however, it is certainly not the worst one I've ever been in. We got a good deal with the room and breakfast was included, decent selection of hot and cold food. Staff encountered all seemed friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The rooms were small, old and extremely unappealing. Internet signal was weak and kept kicking me out. I reverted to cellular service. For a business hotel the heart of a city, the Hilton was extremely disappointing. On this business trip, I also stayed in a Sheraton and Marriott where the experience was much more rewarding and professional.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank DogCalgary
Reviewed November 6, 2013

First impressions definitely counted for a lot with our stay here as the concierge (Rod) was excellent guiding us through the one way system. He is a credit to this hotel, polite, friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was compact but clean and was fine for the small amount of time we spent in it. We found it difficult to sleep as it was quite noisy but that's usual for a city centre hotel. Breakfast was adequate and as we are diamond members we get this included in our room rate. We would stay again as it's so close to the shops, eateries and theatres.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here for a Hen Week End. The first thing I would say is getting to it around the way one system is a nightmare (3 sets of cars in our party never made it to the hotel, but managed to be in car park across the road) one of the main problems is you can only approach it from one direction, and you can not see the the sign!! so when you get on Milton road the hotel is just after John Lewis on the right, directly opposite TK Maxx. Once there though, it's great, the staff are helpful, the rooms are a little tired, but clean, the beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was good, with good shower (and bath)
The bar was very modern and a joy to sit in. The Breakfast was one of the highest standards I've come across, it was help yourself, which usually means things are left out quite a while, but everything was fresh and delicious. The position to the City center is second to none, and everything is in walking distance (though there are plenty of Taxis and buses around)
As a previous reviewer stated, the acid test 'would you stay there again' YES I would, I and about 23 others in our party had a really relaxing stay (I didn't use spa, but some of the others did and said it was good)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends