Hilton Nottingham
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
2,395 results
All reviewsvictoria centrebreakfast was excellentfamily roomgood nights sleepnightlifetheatre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I brought a Groupon voucher to go to The Nicholsons bar which is in The Hilton Hotel in Nottingham.
Firstly I have been to this bar a few times with my daughters for lunch and afternoon tea, and have never been disappointed.
BUT this time felt rather let down. It was our 30th anniversary we had been to another Hilton that morning for breakfast and it was lovely.
This lunch-time wasn't good..
Menu wasn't that exciting my husband didn't fancy any of the starters, I had the pork belly and apple sauce, this was four bite size pieces of lightly cooked belly pork, not nice has to be cooked well as very fatty otherwise.
The main menu wasn't that much better I'm afraid so we both paid £5 more to have a steak.
Shame that the offer was for starter and not for sweet, but weren't offered that when we told the waiter that we found it hard to find a starter we liked.
Still that was the offer I suppose, but on reflection these offers are to make you go back aren't they??
Also had to wait 5 mins to find waiter to pay our bill at the end.
Sorry Nicholson's bar you failed big time for us this time. Plus we came a fair way to have poor service and meal.

Room Tip: Didn't stay only here for lunch.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Sandy2915,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience within Nicholson's, our bar and diner.

It is a great shame to hear that as a loyal guest to us, you did not enjoy your most recent visit and were left very disappointed.

i would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced and can assure you that this level of service is not what can usually be expected as i am sure you are aware. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team allowing them to make changes immediately ensuring that other guests are not left feeling unstaisfied.

I do hope that you will choose to return to us again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The concierge team were brilliant. The room was clean (though small for what we paid for it) and the breakfast buffet was one of the better ones I have at a hotel in the UK. The hotel was in walking distance to all the shops, restaurants and attractions we wished to see.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ami Kia S,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us especially, our fantastic city centre location, our delicious breakfasts and friendly and helpful staff. it is a pleasure to hear of your experience and we look forward to welcoming back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hotel is ok for an overnight if you manage to get a cheap rate (book over 21 days before stay). The interior is shabby in places & the compact doubles are really poor. Overall overpriced for accommodation standard. Overpriced in comparison to other hotels in Nottingham who offer cheaper rates for better quality accommodation even in similar old buildings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Lillylips,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am sorry to hear that you were not overly satisfied with your recent stay at our hotel due to the condition and size of our rooms. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that here at Hilton Nottingham we offer a range of different room types and sizes. these range from our Hilton Compact rooms which are slightly smaller than average double sized rooms as stipulated on our website, through to our King Hilton Deluxe plus room which is much larger and provides extra amenities such as a VIP welcome basket, bathrobes and slippers. I would highly recommend that should you wish to visit us again you should book either a Family Hilton Guest Room plus or higher, as this will provide you with the space you desire.

We are also in the middle of a bedroom refurbishment program which will address the issues you have highlighted to us in your review.

We do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Despite the modern look and feel of the reception and Nicholsons the rest of the hotel is old and well past it's best. I had a Deluxe room on the 5th floor - the room itself was OK but the decor looked old and dated.

The hotel was very noisy and lots of creaks and other noise during the night. Like many UK Hiltons there is no AC so even on a warm day the room got very hot.

Breakfast was very good and the staff that I met during my staff were all very friendly.

Overall not a great hotel when there are better choices in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear AFrequentTraveller,

Thank you for your review about your recent experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the breakfast on offer at our hotel and found all of the staff members you encountered to have been very freindly and attentive.

Unfortunately as you have mentioned in your feedback, we are unable to install air conditioning in to our guest rooms due to the age and restrictions in place on the building. We do however offer our guests both in room fans and air colling units which are available upon request from Reception.

We do hope that you choose to visit us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Actually a three and a half but that's not an option, so to be fair, it gets the four. Nothing to complain about in this comfortable, clean hotel. No frills - in my room at least, but everything works and breakfast was good, if a little cool by the time it reached my room. The location is really central - shops and restaurants on the doorstep, and yet the hotel wasn't noisy.
I would recommend it if you want to stay in Nottingham.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Angelo O,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us, especially our fantastic city centre location and delicious breakfasts. I will be sure to pass n your very kind words to the breakfasts chefs as they will be delighted to hear how much you enjoyed their food.

i do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future so you can once more enjoy your time in Nottingham.