I've been using this hotel for some 11 years, off and on, on business. While it's an old hotel it has had some money spent on it to keep standards up.
I have Diamond status with Hilton Honors and it gives me access to a number of privilages, like room upgrades, however, I have noticed lately here that there is a reluctance to give out the better rooms. On my most recent visit about 5 days ago I was told I was upgraded and promptly give a double room that you couldn't swing a cat in. There was only one glass for the bathroom and bedroom even though our booking was clearly for two persons and only other extras for one person.
The toilet bowel was also filthy under the rim.
I mentioned this to the receptionist and got a blank look. I was in a hurry and had to leave but on my return nothing had changed - typical laziness from some staff not local.
On my way out I passed the room service people delivering to the room next to me. When I got back later that evening the empty tray was on the floor outside the room. The following morning the tray was still there at 0930 when I went for breakfast. It was only picked up at 1100 when I was leaving. Again reflects a laziness that this hotel's management seem to tolerate.
Another issue was with the bar, which closed at 23.30 and no offering was made for residents to be looked after by night staff. In fact the young barman came over and asked us to leave the bar with our drinks and sit in the reception area. He was rather embarrassed I'd have to say and this was obviously him following the orders of management whose focus has gone from customer service to a policy of belligerance.
The staff here need a shake, they seem so de-motivated and this can only be due to poor management and they must accept their part in this poor offering.
as I said, I've been using this hotel for 11 years or so, however, this was my last visit as I will no longer tolerate such poor standards and I will instruct my people to avoid it at all costs; Diamond members or not, sometimes loyalty has to be shown as a two way process.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the shopping and cultural delights of historic Nottingham from Hilton Nottingham hotel. This Nottingham hotel is a beautiful Victorian building situated in the heart of the city center, with contemporary décor and furnishings throughout the interior. Featuring a 60 foot indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, the longest hotel pool in the city, a fully equipped LivingWell health club and fitness center and a business center for corporate events and business guests, this unique Nottingham hotel is a delight for guests visiting historic Nottingham on business or to take in the sights and sounds.Step into Nottingham restaurant Nicholson’s Bar and Diner and enjoy modern and stylish American cuisine in an upscale diner setting, perfect for group dining or intimate romantic meals. Choose delicious cocktails from the extensive drinks menu and relax before a sampling the popular and lively night life that Nottingham has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nottingham Hotel Nottingham
- Hilton International Nottingham
- Nottingham Hilton International