“Another excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Another excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have just returned from all i can describe as another excellent stay at the Hilton in Nottingham, there was three of us in our party we had one twin room and one double.

We arrived late on the Friday evening was welcomed by reception who explained everything excellently as usual we had no complaints about our stay, we stayed in a room facing the main road and because of the windows in the room neither of us in the room had any issues sleeping.

The breakfast was excellent as usual all the breakfast staff are all happy and jolly {i really do not know how they do it}

A big thankyou to Katrina Mallon who as she always does dealt with my room requests brilliantly.

Generally an excellent hotel and i will be in touch with Katrina to book again soon

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Daniel S,

thank you so very much for your review about our hotel.

I am delighted to hear how fantastic your stay was with us and how friendly and helpful all the staff are here especially Katrina, I will be sure to pass on your lovely review to her as I know she will be thrilled to hear how fantastic you found here service.

I will also pass this onto all the other staff members here as they too will be happy to hear how they impacted your stay so positively.

I look forward to your return to the hotel and will be sure to provide you with another exceptional stay.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Have just returned from a very pleasant day purchased through groupon for Spa and tea.
Staff very good, helpfull and polite. Pool and all facilities good. Tea excellant.
Will be going again. Car park across the road. If you ask at reception they will validate
you ticket so you pay a reduced rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank birky1
Dear birky1,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your time with us at Hilton Nottingham.

I am delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your Afternoon tea and spa visit and how friendly and helpful you found all of our staff to be.

I do hope that should we offer another Groupon deal that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was in Nottingham for a course and had looked at a few hotels on line. The Hilton did not score as well as it might - but I tend to trust the chain and booked it anyway. The staff were faultless, very pleasant and helpful and a very speedy check in process.

The room was a twin which I shared with a colleague. We had an inner facing room, which meant it was quiet - no views at all - though it was windowed looking at what must have been a courtyard at the bottom but could not see it! As some reviewers had complained about street noise - I was more than happy with that! The room was not large - but enough space if only one of us wanted the chair at a time. The heating was adjustable and the window could be opened.

The bathroom and shower were as expected - clean and a great shower! As ever nice toiletries!

Breakfast was typically Hilton! A great buffet breakfast, lots of variety, outstanding!

The situation of the hotel is ideal if you want central Nottingham. There is a shopping centre just next door, the theatre and concert hall are only 5 mins walk away as is the main town centre and the ice rink is only a few minutes further away. There are stacks of nice restaurants in the area, spoilt for choice! The bus stop is only 2 minutes walk away. The train station is about 15 minutes walk away for someone who knows the area and the shortcuts - if you don't I'd suggest taking a taxi!

My only critique - and this is so silly - no bedside reading lights. The bedside switch controls a standard lamp near the desk at the end of the bed and this does not throw out enough light to read by at the end of the day. OK so I am of an age group that needs glasses to read - but everyone needs light! So saying the bed was really comfortable, as were the pillows and the duvet was very snuggly - I would not have read for long - but I missed being able to do it!

Would I stay there again - yes!!!

Room Tip: Inner rooms are quieter but have no view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jonessharon
Dear Jonessharon,

Thank you very much for your extremely kind review about your experience at our hotel.

I am thrilled to read just how much you enjoyed your time with us especially, our excellent central location, our delicious breakfast, lovely comfy beds and finally the helpful and friendly staff.

It was a pleasure to read your review and I will be sure to share this with all the staff here at the hotel as they will be just as delighted to hear this as I was.

I do hope that you return to our hotel and I will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for an evening as our Christmas do was held there. The room was tiny, which was expected as we'd got a cheap rate. It's the little things though...no bottled water in the room was disappointing.
The "winter wonderland" meal was ok but let down by overall niggles. The crackers were Tesco's cheapest, the disco lost power and after being told there was a late residents bar, there wasn't one, though they would sell us bottles of lager at room service prices!!
Breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly and courteous.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Aldawson717,

Thank you for your recent review about our hotel.

Although I am extremely glad to hear how fantastic you found both our breakfast and the staff here at the hotel, I am very sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your overall experience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant department managers so we can look into the highlughted areas further and see where we can enhance our guests experience preventing any future issues.

Should you choose to visit us again I will be more than happy to request a larger room for you should there be the availability.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have staid here before, son at Uni. This visit was because I happened to be a witness in a court case that ran over, so had to stay another night. Hilton was full unfortunately so tried Crowne Plaza instead. That was about £35/night more expensive and the room was about 30% smaller. Will happily return to Hilton. Only downside was that this visit first room we were offered was small and quite unpleasant. Asked at reception and was quickly moved to a better room with apologies, but....

Room Tip: Some rooms are not particularly nice, be warned....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear TWPaul,

Thank you very much for your recent review about our hotel, I am thrilled to hear much you enjoyed staying at our hotel especially the nice large room your were allocated once contacting reception and the friendliness of our staff.

I will be sure to have a nice room available for you upon your next visit to Hilton Nottingham.

Abingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel was wonderful and lush! I arrived after 1am due to late train, however the staff were available to check me in promptly. My room was warm (it was snowy out) and very clean, I was able to take a hot shower (using all the top notch amenities they provided) and have a nice cup of tea with biscuits. The room was very dark due to double layer of curtains so that I could sleep in, though I did hear the neighbor above coming in very late. Breakfast was served buffet style with lots of interesting choices, as well when I asked they provided me with cream for my coffee. The staff in the cafe were very friendly and the colors/decorating was eye pleasing.

Room Tip: Top floor is best to avoid noisy neighbors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank londontamera
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear londontamera,

Thank you very much for your recent review about our hotel, I am delighted to hear how brilliant your time was with us and how fantastic you found the whole experience, especially the quick check in, friendly staff, excellent in room amenities and delicious breakfast.

I will be sure to pass on you very kind comments to the whole team here who will be thrilled to hear about your experience just as i was.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hilton Nottingham is one of the best hotel in Nottingham City Centre. Very convenience to move around the city. The service and quality of room is good and I will certainly recommend it to friends. It is right next to the Victoria Shopping center which is a quality shopping mall in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view if possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bonnie T,

Thank you so very much for your extremely kind review about our hotel.

I am very happy to hear just how much you loved visiting our hotel due to the excellent central location, the extremely high level of service you have become accustomed to experiencing from our staff members when visiting and the high quality of the rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and any friends you send over.

sincerely,