“Lovely” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Nottingham

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #36 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
chester
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Visited with my hubby and 2 young children for a family wedding. Booked a family king room which was a lot bigger than the standard double that my mum was in, definitely worth the extra! No robes or slippers in the room, not sure if that was deliberate but it was sorted (even though it did take 2 requests as the first time only one was brought up). Wedding and staff were lovely, mulled wine was nice! And as for breakfast: amazing, best hotel breakfast ever! Thanks!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear nicnev,

Thank you very much for your recent review about our hotel.

I am thrilled to hear what a fantastic overall experience you had at Hilton Nottingham from the evening of the Wedding your attended to the breakfast you enjoyed on the following morning.

I will be sure to pass on your extremely kind comments to all the staff here at Hilton Nottingham as they will be just as thrilled with your lovely review as I was.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel because it was possibly the most expensive central hotel, and because previous large chain hotels we had stayed in Nottm. had been very unsatisfactory. We were disappointed in the size of the room - two people could pass either in the doorway, or if one stood on the bed. The wall paper in the room was scuffed, the sash windows had been overpainted so many times without removing the previous paint that they were both ugly and immobile. When the cleaning staff opened the window to air the room, neither I or my husband was capable of closing it, This was in December with plenty of frost.

On the positive side, the heating was most efficient, the bathroom small but modern, though with few toiletries and no shower cap. The location was excellent for our purposes.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sandra M,

Thank you for your recent review about our hotel.

Although I am delighted to hear how fantastic your found the location of our hotel, as it provided you with instant access to Nottingham City Centre, I am very sorry to hear that your were not totally staisfied with the room you were allocated. Therefore I will be more than happy to add a request to your folio for a larger room during your next stay for you ensuring that your stay with us will be as perfect as possible.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I used this hotel for business purposes for my trips to Nottingham.

Only once have I had an issue but as soon as it was reported it was rectified. The staff were apologetic and are always happy to help.

As I have stay a few times I find the standard of rooms vary even though I book the same type of room every time.

The breakfast is good and wholesome, they also have soya milk on request.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room not near the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear travellinghobo,

Thank you so very much for your recent review about our hotel.

I am thrilled to hear how fantastic you find our hotel and thoroughly enjoy staying with us during your business trips, especially due to our extremely friendly and helpful staff and our delcious wholesome breakfast.

If during you past stays with us you have found a particular room you prefer to others, please do not hesitate to request this room on your next stay and we will endeavour to provide this for you during your visits.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the enar future.

Flore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our stay at this hotel has been memorable for a number of reasons, first of all a nightmare journey around the city centre to actually find the hotel (outside of the control of the hotel), use the multi-storey opposite to park, very convenient, don't forget to get the hotel to validate your parking ticket when you checkout, this ensures you get a discounted parking rate. We were pleased with our room (422) it does face a busy city centre street so noise is inevitable but can add to the 'experience'.

The hotel is superbly locacted for all of the city centre attractions and amenities, if you need any advice/help then the concierge service has to be your first stop, friendly and knowledgeable and always a smile.

Whilst talking about staff, warm and welcoming, the obliging male receptionist struck an immediate feeling of being a valued guest, we mentioned (purely in passing) that we were staying for a wedding anniversary treat but thought no more about it, the next day on our anniversary when returning to our room in the evening we were very pleasantly surprised to received a complimentary bottle of wine courtesy of the Hilton, thank you!

Breakfast was good with a very good choice on offer from the self-service buffet.

Summary: a busy city centre location so you have to make some trade-offs for this, staff, obliging, polite, but above all friendly. - Thank you for our stay :-)

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have the better views but you need to trade that off against busy street noises
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear TeejayFlore,

Thank you so very much for your recent review about your time here at our hotel.

I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your experience at Hilton Nottingham and how we made your wedding anniversary that extra bit more special for you. I will be sure to pass on your extremely kind comments onto all of our staff here as they will be thrilled to hear about your experience.

I do hope that we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

sincerely,

Telford, Shropshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We all stayed in Nottingham for my birthday at the end of november. My father in law sorted the hotel rooms as he's a frequent flyer and gets discounts with hilton hotels with the points he earns. He was a bit disappointed we couldn't get an upgrade as we usually do with his club card, but there was a big graduation ceremony going on. Our room was fine the room they gave the in laws should have had the door opening outwards into the corridor it was so small, both rooms had few facilities i.e. a minibar but were clean and very hot, the beds are as soft as marshmallows too. My only grumble was that I asked for a bucket of ice to be taken to our room and my birthday bottle of fizz put into it for when we returned. I was assured it would be taken care of but it didn't happen. Although, when I rang the desk to moan at them they sent up a couple of bottles of beer and an ice bucket on the house. The breakfast bar is self service and really quite nice, it even had haggis!! Would I stay there again? well the location is good, but watch out for the camara trap. If your sat nav sends you down Shakespeare St on to Milton St you can't turn right. If you do you will get photographed and posted a £60 fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear TelfirdSteve,

Thank you for your recent review about our hotel.

I am pleased to hear how fantastic you found the location of hotel to be as it provides you with instant access to all the city has to offer. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide you with any upgrades due to the high occupancy levels and will be delighted to offer you a upgrade upon your next visit with us if available.

Although I am very sorry to hear that your request wasn't immediately followed through i am delighted to hear that we made up for that by providing you with complimentary bottles of beer, which I hope helped you celebrate your birthday.

I am also very sorry to hear that you were fined for driving through the bus gate on Milton street, this is now a strict no access lane to Hilton and new directions to the hotel can be found on our website.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed for a business trip on 18 December I would view this Hilton as above average for its great location and really, really comfortable bed. I guess a good nights sleep midweek is what we all essentially pay for isn't it?!

The room itself is one I found small and quite far from reception and I have to wonder if we got it due to the fact we are on a large corporate deal - you couldn't help but wonder if the better rooms were tucked away on higher floors.

Personally, I found the reception staff pretty nonchalant - perhaps it had been a long day?!

The bathroom was clean and full of nice toiletries that many other hotel chains have dispensed with, claiming guests prefer to bring their own. The shower was hot and blowed your bits off!

TV - old, blurred. Ironing board - absent, but bought up quickly once asked for, Wifi - tricky one, I couldn't even log on with my Hhonors card, but am managing to write this up on my iPhone in bed :)

Overall, it's not a bad place and I would stay again - for the location - though I'd insist on a better room next time.

TiN

• Stayed December 2012
Dear TinLeeds,

Thank you for your review about our hotel.

Although I am pleased to hear that you would stay with us again due to the excellent location of our hotel and the comfyness of our beds, I am very sorry to hear that you were not overly pleased with the room you were allocated due to the size and distance from reception. I can however assure you that you were not allocated this room as a result of the price you are paying for the room as we do not discriminate against any of our guests, we simply allocate rooms to guests by which ever are available at the time.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

sincerely,

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our 4th visit to The Hilton in Nottingham City Center & each time gets better & better, the hotel rooms are always clean, warm & fresh, the staff cannot do enough for you. We have enjoyed a hearty breakfast & some lovely evening meals along with the occasional cocktails. Well worth every penny - Thank you all the hard working staff X
Marise & Gary Willoughby -Whitby.

Room Tip: All the rooms are a good size as are the bathrooms.
Dear tara19710,

Thank you very much for your recent review about our hotel.

I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed not only your time within our hotel but also our Bar and Diner- Nicholson's. It is always fantastic to hear how much our guests enjoy their time with us and encourages staff hugely. I will be sure to pass on your very kind comments to all the staff here as they will be just as delighted to hear your review as I was.

I will have a nice, clean and fresh room waiting for you upon your arrival with us in the near future (and perhaps a cocktail?)

Many thanks