Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,085 results
All reviews the club lounge car park pillow spray city centre steam room spa facilities executive room concert hall theatre royal bottled water hen do bar area one way system reception staff sat nav saturday night good nights sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Gorgeous, gorgeous hotel...booked as a reasonably priced spa treat for my bestie, I was shocked at how nice the hotel was (not a fan of chains normally!)...beautiful exposed brick with gold accents and low lighting. Rooms as pretty standard but clean and a decent size, with chargers next to the bed for a change haha! Reception staff were so lovely and attentive, checked us in early so we could crack on and pamper ourselves! Super food salads for lunch (and a lovely bottle of Pinot) were so tasty and fresh and again, great service from the bar/restaurant - really friendly. When we arrived at the spa there has been a slight error with our booking, the young lady (sorry can’t recall her name - wearing glasses) couldn’t do enough to run around and correct it and her service was again, excellent. The spa treatments were some of the best we have had, really really recommend the facial...the only reason they lost a star was the pool area. One room was out of order, the ‘ice station’ is a bowl of ice! Literally just hanging on a wall?! Eh?! Thought it was hilarious tbh but NOT what I expected. The pool was busy with hardly any loungers, so you’re just sat at the side, the sauna door was broken....overall the area is a bit small, cramped and unloved/scruffy...next time I’d just pay to have treatments tbh, but overall a great time thank you!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear SarahH528

Thanks so much for the kind review following a recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the visit overall and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Stayed here as a last minute weekend break, glad we did when we arrived got into the car park and went to reception we asked to store bags and check in later but managed to check in early. James is an asset to the hotel team so friendly, informative and very helpful. The room was lovely bar area very nice, we ate in the restaurant food was fantastic great quality... the waiter who served who funny, helpful and he would go out his way to help. (Sorry didn’t get name)Breakfast was awesome too, such a great big selection left very full. Will definitely be back one of the best crowne plaza’s I’ve been too.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear charl974

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review following a recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the time with us at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We decided this year we would treat ourselves to a Christmas dinner out instead of spending the day cooking and cleaning up after! I so wish we hadn't!! at just shy of £70 a head for the 5 of us we thought we were in for a treat, the menu looked good and the price suggested it would be!

The Starter - well the Pate/terrine was quite nice, good start! the prawns looked like they had been there a while so didn't touch them, nor the Whole Salmon that were uncut and sat on the side staring at us coated in smoked salmon.

the main course : 3 meats Turkey - so dry i couldn't chew it, Beef - so dry i couldn't cut it, Glazed Ham - the only edible thing here! they'd run out of stuffing, the gravy was essentially coloured water, Parsnips like rubber, solid potatoes, no greens besides sprouts, carrots a bit slimy but OK, so I ate Ham and carrots...exciting!

Dessert - the gingerbread cheesecake was actually very nice, didn't try anything else and the cheese was curled on the edges and not appetising at all!

All in all it looked and tasted like everything had been cooked on Christmas eve and left on the side overnight, an absolute waste of money, we won't be back! I ate more snacks when I got home than I did of the dinner.

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear paulwP1183NS

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and bringing your feedback to our attention.

I am sorry to learn that clearly you didn't enjoy the visit to the hotel on Christmas Day.

Please rest assured that I will certainly share the feedback with the team and ensure that we take the learning from this as this is most unusual after many successful years at the hotel.

I am also sorry to know that you will not return.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Food was poor and staff were rude when complained. Complaint wasnt dealt with and was told they shouldn't apologise for bringing food out 1.5hours after ordering. 25 quid for a slab of fat. Some training wouldnt go amiss

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear J7520KUdanc

Thanks so much for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention by posting a review.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the visit to the Crowne Plaza Nottingham. Please be assured that I will pick up the comments you raise with the team and establish the reasons for your poor experience.

I would reassure you that this is most unusual. I do hope that you may decide to return when if you contact me at the hotel I will personally take care of the arrangements personally and ensure that you have a more enjoyable experience.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

From the check in to breakfast to lounge and housekeeping, the service has been amazing.

I was allocated a twin superior room at the lounge level. My room was rather near the lift and it did get a little noisy but you cannot fault the size and layout of the room. It was comfortable and clean and housekeeping was amazing as I troubled them for firmer pillows, toothbrush and more shampoo.

A word about the amenities: the shampoo etc came in stiff cardboard packaging which required brute strength and some magical skill to open. It also could not be kept for re-use once opened and whilst we appreciated the hotel’s effort at being eco-friendly the hotel might actually want to re~look the packaging of the amenities.

Other that, the breakfast spread was good and I appreciated access to the lounge for wines and canapés for tea.

I had requested a late check out and was informed by the friendly reception that I was not to worry if I surrendered my room about 15-30 min later than 12 pm. I appreciated that as I was attending an interview between 10:45am and 11:45am and checking out by 12 pm would have been challenging.

Having always stayed closer to the Lace Market area, this new accommodation did not disappoint.

Another word of caution: the hotel is next to Rock City and I was grateful that no concerts would occur whilst I was there. So If you are a light sleeper, you may want to check on concerts occurring during the period of your stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear jenk373

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review.

It is great to know that overall you enjoyed the stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham and please rest assured I will follow up on your valid observations.

The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.