1,992 results
All reviews the club lounge car park pillow spray city centre steam room executive room spa facilities concert hall theatre royal bottled water hen do bar area one way system reception staff sat nav saturday night one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019

Stayed here for two nights for a conference.

Hotel is impressive to look at once inside.

Room - I had a standard double. It wasn't massive but was just about big enough. Very well decorated and appointed. Bed very comfy. Bathroom was fine - shower good. Nice and quiet. Aircon worked well - slightly noisy but to be expected.

Bar is nice - pricey but then a hotel in the city centre is never going to be cheap.

Breakfast was very good. Omelette bar is a nice touch. Food great.

Staff were excellent throughout. Very helpful and polite.

I didn't have time to use the leisure facilities - but others did and said they were good.

Car park was very easy to find - being right beside the hotel - you really can't miss it.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: I would ask for a room higher than level two in case there is noise in the bar on level one.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
BenM5223, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear Acornise

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Nottingham.

I am so pleased to hear of your positive stay and that our team were able to make you feel so welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 22, 2019

We were booked in for one night. The entrance to the car park is very difficult to find if you are not a local - poorly signposted. The lift from the car park to the reception was out of action - great news with suitcases. The room itself had a litany of faults - the bathroom door lock wouldn't move, the sink mixer tap lifted out of its socket, the lower towel rail came off in your hands (it had just been pushed on to the locating stubs) and the bedroom master light switch by the bedside didn't work. Not what you expect from a 4.5 start hotel. The staff were very concerned and gave us free parking and a free drink, but that doesn't make up for the poor supervision of the rooms and signage

• Trip type: Traveled on business
BenM5223, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Dear Roger S

I am sorry to hear that you had some maintenance issues in your room, and we have of course already rectified these, however please let me reiterate my teams apologies these happened in the first place.

I will of course review your signage concerns, however we have a 16 foot Crowne Plaza sign attached to both the top and side of the hotel and a 9 foot sign attached to the entrance of the hotel car park indicating its entrance. So I am not sure we have the space to add any further signage.

With regards to the lift, this was undergoing essential maintenance work, however we do have 2 lifts in the car park and 1 was working at that time.

Hope this helps clear that up.

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Staff were friendly and helpful..rooms spacious..tea and coffee replaced daily.Bed and pillows comfortable.Towels nice and fluffy not hard.
Room service was good with nice food.
The only fault was the bathroom floors were very slippery. Rooms wrre spotless.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear debs_reynolds699

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that overall you enjoyed the visit and I will of course share the feedback with the team. We will investigate your observations regarding the bathroom floor.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nottingham again very soon.

Kindest regards

David Clements

Reviewed May 13, 2019

We booked Crowne plaza as we needed to drop our son back to university and decided we would stay in Nottingham for the night. We did a lot of research and decided this hotel had everything we wanted in a good location. Check in was straight forward and all our requests for quiet room away from lifts and feather pillows was sorted for us. We found all the stay very friendly and helpful. We used the pool and sauna which was an added bonus. We had a lovely breakfast with plenty of choices before we walked into city to walk it off. Check out easy and no hidden extras. My only criticism would be that you have to pay for parking which I expect to be free as a guest , although I know city parking is very expensive. Overall a lovely hotel and I am sure we will be back when we visit our son again.

Room tip: Higher floor away from lifts
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BenM5223, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear Jane B

Many Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Nottingham.

I am so pleased the team were able to make your stay so positive, and hope we are able to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Booked here as we were traveling to Kent back from Newcastle. The hotel is nice and clean and has a modern bar area with TV’s (good for football watchers. The hotel also has a pool but I didn’t use this. The hotel is in walkable distance to all the shops, bars and restaurants. The rooms were quite small but had everything you would need such as tea, coffee, kettle, TV etc. The only downfall was the £25 parking fee, i stayed overnight so not exactly all day and night and felt this was a bit steep.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BenM5223, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Dear hellymcg

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and able to take in all the hotel amenities.

We hope to see you again soon.