“One night stay”

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Nottingham
Coventry, United Kingdom
“One night stay”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel itself was gorgeous, rooms are a little small but otherwise comfortable enough. Unfortunately despite a pool being advertised we had to travel to a different hotel in order to use this facility. A taxi was arranged and paid for despite the hotel only being around the corner! Food was good overall and made for a pleasant morning dining experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Traveller CV6,

Thank you so much for your recent review. It was great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and in particular your dining experience. Rest assured I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team.

You will also be pleased to know that Urban Escapes our brand new Spa will be open in April so it would be great to welcome you back again once it has re-opened

Once again thank you

Natalia Dainty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed here for one night as we had tickets to see Miranda Hart. Have to say upon arrival we were taken with the reception area which was very smart - however this is not a look that is carried on into the bedrooms. on entering our room we straight away noticed the dirty marks on the carpets, the cracked sink in the bathroom, and the fact the we were unable to open the window. There also seemed a lot of furniture in a very small room which made it feel very cramped.

Must mention breakfast, which was very good and served buffet style. There was a very wide range of different food items and a chef who was prepared to do anything you wanted with eggs! Althought i have to say that we did find the waiting staff to be abit grumpy - but this could be due to the fact that they had to be at work on a Sunday.

The question i always ask when writing a review - would i stay here again - have to say in this case that NO i wouldn't. There are plently of other hotels in Nottingham where i believe that i could get better value for money and a nicer room where i can open a window if i need to!

Room Tip: use another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Bungal,

Thank you for your recent review.

My apologies that your stay fell below your expectations due to your bedroom. I will of course pass your comments onto our property department for review.

Due to the construction of the building unfortunately it was designed that the windows wouldn't open, something that unfortunately we can not change.

It was great however to read that you found the standard of breakfast to be very good. I will of course pass your comments onto the kitchen team.

Once again thank you for your review.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Staff were accommodating, but the rooms are tired and grey. Below the cotton cover was a grey polyester thin duvet. The bathroom had cracker tiles and ear plugs. Near the nightclubs, we were worried about the noise, but surprisingly it was okay. The Indian restaurant opposite the hotel was excellent. It had won local awards and was runner up in the Observer Awards. The hotel is ideally located, 15 minutes walk from the Capital FM Arena.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Travelledpartners

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

You will be pleased to note that we are currently finalising the next phase of our refurbishment plans for the hotel.

I am please to read that you found the team accommodating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Nottingham again very soon.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very well located. The gentleman of the reception was highly professional and polite, he expedited my check in on seconds. But it's after checking in that you quickly understand the hotel real value.mould in the bathroom, hole in the door, broken floors tiles, paper falling of the wall in the corridors, furniture dating back to 20 years ago, probably the hotel age is the hotel room ages, never refurbished. This place is shady and needs massive renovation and urgently. The worst crowne plaza I ve ever stayed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear FFM9 (Geneve,Suisse)

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I do take your concerns seriously.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the condition of the hotel. You will be pleased to learn that we are currently finalising plans for the next phase of our refurbishment programme. This starts next week with the executive bedroom corridor.

On a more positive note thank you very much for your kind comments regarding the service that you received from the reception team. I will certainly pass this onto them.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again when please contact me in advance and I will happy to take care of the arrangements personally for you.

Gainsborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through UK Girl thing for my sisters hen do which I was chief bridesmaid of. There was 14 of us staying we paid 150+ each for various things. We had a 2 night stay here. Uk girl thing promised various things which the hotel had not been told of- anything wrong was due to the Uk girl thing which during my stay I was told they frequently promise things that they haven't been told to give or haven't even mentioned to anyone. Back to my stay: 10 of us arrived together in a limo, I signed for everyone's room key and handed them out making sure we were all on the same floor And close to each other - one room was seperate on the 5th floor the rest on the 7th this was rectified and we had to wait for the rooms to be sorted- this wasn't a problem as we were planning to go out and the guest came to our room anyway. However one disappointment and fault on the hotels part was the fact they had missed one of the rooms and didn't clean them- apparently it was a mess dirty towels coffee cups etc, the hotel was notified and again this was rectified quickly with many apologies. My room being the bride to bes room got a bottle of champagne on arrival this was great. The rooms were extremely big all the same size all big and all had a mini fridge with water etc in which I found extremely convenient and perfect! We enjoyed a Frankie's and bennies for lunch - due to the hotel being perfectly situated in the centre it was a short walk to any restaurant or bar or shops! I would recommend the Frankie's and bennies here, the food and service was delightful. We had a private room booked and for a 'cinema night experience with Chinese buffet and glasses of champagne etc' there was unfortunately no DVDs for the cinema night and just a few games with the wii. The Buffett was done to a high standard however it was extremely small and little choice! We were given wine instead of champagne and to my dismay all the Hens began to moan, I felt liable for any problems due to me organising it all. My mother complained to the hotel about the few problems and the hotel explained that uk girl thing had promised various things that they hadn't been told. To apologies the hotel were going to send staff out to buy DVDs we told them this was not necessary we would just like some music they gave us some speakers and sent up three complimentary bottles of The best champagne! We then got 4 pitchers or cocktails on the house and free shots at the conjoining club which was a nice surprise and was pleased with the club as a whole! The way the hotel dealt with our complaints was amazing and I was so impressed with their service and help. We tipped considerably as the lady who was looking after us was so helpful!! The breakfast was to die for!!!! The best breakfast I have ever experienced in a hotel! Having it two morning in a row was perfect!! The hotel were just perfect with us as a whole setting out our tables for breakfast setting up our room for the spa treatments, it was fabulous and worth the money! I will be returning when the swimming pool and spa facilities have been redone! I recommend this hotel as the staff are perfect!!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear alinaomalley

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the team resolved the difficulties caused by the breakdown in communication between your nominated agent.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have just spent a Saturday night here. On arrival the reception staff were extremely friendly and courteous, a really nice welcome. The car park is attached to the hotel which is a big plus and was only £12.00 for 24 hours.
Our room was a little tired, but there were nice touches ie; biscuits a couple of chocolates and some bottled water. We found the room very quiet compared to our last stay in Nottingham at the Park Plaza. The hotels location is brilliant.
The hotel seemed to be full of hen parties, but then again so did Nottingham itself.
Breakfast was excellent & a bargain at the £10.00 pre booked rate. Once again the staff were friendly and polite.
All in all as the title says we will stay here again, as we visit Nottingham on a regular basis

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear thatsanace,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the team friendly and helpful and enjoyed our breakfast experience. As always rest assured I will share you kind words with the team.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Bradford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stay regular at the Crowne Plaza on business and on occasion my family stay over when its the school holidays. The hotel always accomodate my requirements and the staff are always sociable and go out of there way to help.

My stay this week as been especially pleasant as my wife and daughter stayed - the service was oustanding and the hotel staff went above exceptions in making our stay special.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Peter W,

Many thanks for your review and what a great review it is.

Your kind words regarding the team really mean a lot to me and I know they will be as pleased as I when I pass your kind words on.

Your kind continued loyalty is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back