“Good hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms were great for one person. Very hot through out the hotel. Air con in rooms worked fine but took 15 minutes to cool every time I went back to my room. Also sleeping with air con on is a bit frustrating but not the end of the world. They offer ear plugs as it is a city centre hotel which is thoughtful. Food was fine, if anything a bit of a boring menu? Suitably priced I would say. Service in the restaurant was really good. Smooth and easy check in and check out.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Isaura_11
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Isaura_11

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind review.

I note your comments with regards to the menu and you will be pleased to know that we will be introducing an upgraded menu in two weeks time. We are also running daily specials.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Nottingham again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Once we had negotiated Nottingham's one way streets and found the Crowne Plaza car park we began to enjoy our visit to this hotel. The visit was to attend a dinner and listen to speeches by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, and former Chancellor, Ken Clarke, who is the MP for Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire.
We knew the dinner might go on late and indeed it finished around 11.30pm so it was with gratitude that we were able to go up to our very pleasant twin bedded room on floor 7. Our two sons were in the adjoining room. Forewarned by TripAdvisor that the Rock City side of the hotel might prove noisy the receptionist had been happy to assure us that we were on the other side of the hotel, so a very quiet night's sleep ensued. The air conditioning ensured that our room was just the right temperature, the bed, pillows and duvet were extremely comfortable.
Sadly, as has been explained ,a fire has put the pool and excercise are out of action, but thanks to TripAdvisor we were aware of this before arriving and booking so no disappoinment occurred. They hope to be up and running again in the Autumn of this year.
Both dinner and breakfast were most enjoyable. The breakfast arrangements and the food on offer ought to please and satisfy the most discerning of travellers. My wife and I certainly enjoyed the full English fare on offer.
In summary I feel that this professionally managed, friendly, comfortable, yet smart hotel, in central Nottingham deserves a 'very good' rating and my family will certainly be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid the Rock City side of the hotel if you want to be sure of a quiet night.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear patrickjohn

Thank you so much for your recent very kind review. Myself and the team really enjoyed hosting the recent event for the Chancellor.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nottingham very soon.

David Clements

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Arrived at hotel find out they had fire so no pool, sauna, gym etc! We booked back in February did online booking so have all our details but we had not been informed. They said we could use hilton pool but that is 10 mins away.
Went to room well I seen bigger pigeon holes terrible nearly dark as building outside blocking light off, room very poor for the money. Tried to upgrade but they did not have any supirour rooms left and said I would have to pay for it even though no gym etc! They had executive rooms but £50 night extra would not even help with some discount.
They offered us a full refund which we took and they got us park plaza much nicer room.
So another hotel to be aware of poor standards at sky high prices.
Ps manager did not even come out to see us.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear paulcarole

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.

I am sorry that you were not aware of the closure of the leisure club in advance of your arrival. This information is clearly displayed on all direct and third party websites. I do totally understand however this is a key decision maker when deciding on where to stay.

I am sorry that you were also disappointed with the size of the bedroom.

I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and after the new Roayl Spa facility opens in early 2014.

David Clements

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Staying with a coach party, we were booked in to our rooms with friendliness and Efficiency. Our Dinner was lovely and there was everything you could wish for for breakfast. Hotel situated in central location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Patricia Lowestoft

Thank you so much for your very kind review

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I shall certainly pass your comments onto the team as I know they will also be very pleased.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

the hotel is not very new, but is professionally managed, good reception, convenient cyty parking, good breakfast. I have been there a few times, and always booked an executive room at the top floor. This follor would deserve a renovation, with new carpets, doors etc , but the room fixtures are good and the bed very confortable. The executive lounge access is free for the guest of these rooms, if you dont need an heavy breakfast, you can enjoy a free one in the lounge

Room Tip: go for the executive roorms, they cost more but they have good view and free lounge access
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear eduardo m

Thak you very much for you recent kind review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your loyalty.

You will be pleased to know that the executive floor will soon be refurbished in line with yrou suggestions.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back at Crowne Plaza Nottingham very soon.

KInd regards

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Recently spent a night at the hotel attending a conference. The room was excellent. Spacious for my wife and I and very clean and modern. The food was great, staff very pleasant. We had the use of the club lounge on the 8th floor which was fabulous. I will recommend this hotel to anyone. Wifi could be cheaper or even free.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear kwawelliott

Thank you verty much for your recent kind review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Nottingham.

We are currently reviewing our WIFI and we will be able to announce some very exciting news over the coming days.

I do hope to see you back at the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just come back from a fabulous weekend in Nottingham. Have never stayed in the Crowne Plaza before, but wouldn't hesitate to return. The room was great. The location of the hotel was perfect for Rock City and the Rescue Rooms. Lovely breakfast. Top credit goes to all the staff we came across at the hotel. Everyone of them was polite and helpful - making our stay all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear 76VAGABOND76,

Thank you for your recent review and for your great comments regarding our team at the hotel. I know I may seem a little biased but I truly believe that we have a fantastic team at the hotel who work very heard in creating memorable experiences for our guests.

Rest assured I will share your comments with the teams as they will mean a lot to them.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Natalia Dainty