“Crazy wonderful weekend.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Wargrave, United Kingdom
“Crazy wonderful weekend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was on a reunion w'end with over 200 ladies, altho the check-in was slow due to computer being down, the rooms were a reasonable size, the beds VERY comfortable, after an initial problem with the air-con (which was very promptly dealt with) the rooms were lovely. The breakfast which was included in our room rate was excellent, wide choice, well cooked, plenty of it. I cannot praise the staff highly enough, we were all very well looked after.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear JenniJ,

Thank you so much for you recent review.

It was so pleasing to read that you enjoyed your reunion weekend. I can honestly say that it was a true pleasure in welcoming all the WRAC ladies.

It was also good to see that when you found your AC unit to not be functioning, this matter was quickly rectified.

Once again thank you for your kind words and I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon!

Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Rural Fylde Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My friend and I booked into the Crowne Plaza on 4th Oct 2012 to be greeted by a smiling receptionist and a warm welcome. After signing in we were asked if we needed assistance with our luggage or anything else. Any queries we had were answered positively with no hesitation. We were given the keys to room 402, a lovely room - being in the middle of a city, obviously no view - and immediately put the kettle on. Complimentary biscuits were on the tray and other complimentary items were small blocks of chocolate, clear and sparkling water, tissues and toiletries. These were replenished daily. We were also supplied with thick towelling bathrobes, flannels and towels. The room facilities were super with comfortable bucket chairs, a large work desk/vanity unit, plenty of drawer space and large wardrobes. The only drawback that we found was the windows are secondary double glazed and do not open plus only 4 hangers each in the wardrobe. The air conditioning worked perfectly (and quietly), so we were able to keep the room at an even temperature I am sure that we would have been supplied with more hangers had we asked but with only a 3 night booking we managed. We found everything comfortable and clean. The room maids were very cheery and friendly and willing to help in any way. Breakfast was marvellous, everything one could wish for. All tastes were catered for. We had a dinner dance on the Saturday evening and the waiters/waitresses excelled themselves. They all served with great big smiles on their faces, no mishaps and were congratulated highly after the meal. The food was excellently cooked and presented. The Reunion Evening was a great success with a lot of credit given to all staff at the Crowne Plaza. Although in the middle of Nottingham it was a very quiet, tranquil atmosphere. The Lounge and bar areas were well set out, comfortable, and the spacious lifts worked perfectly. If ever we visit Nottingham again we would have no hesitation whatsoever in booking into the Crowne Plaza again. The only recommendation I would make to the hotel is to get rid of the old fashioned double beds and update the double rooms with beds that can be pushed together if required as double or split to accommodate couples who wish to sleep in separate beds. Although single, twin and double rooms were available it would be an advantage if the double rooms could also be converted to twin rooms as, and when, required. We parked in the multi-storey car park for the duration of our stay which is adjacent to, and owned by, the hotel. To enable us to leave without paying a car parking charge we were given a ticket to feed into the machine which raised the barrier without problem. Obviously this was a concession arranged by the Committee that organised the Reunion Weekend - I don't know if parking would be charged for under normal circumstances.

Room Tip: Only stayed at the Crowne Plaza once so I have no other visit to compare with. We were on the 4th fl...
Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

We share our reviews with the team daily when we receive them and I know that they will all be as delighted as I was when reading your kind comments.

Welcoming the WRAC ladies to our hotel was a true pleasure so it means even more to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the food and the service.

Unfortunately due to the nature of their job our housekeeping team members rarely get a mention so I know that they will be very grateful for you kind words.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back in the future

Lincolnshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Attended a function here, meal and cabaret.
Food was excellent and staff were friendly and obliging.
Hotel itself is not very well signposted, but once there is very impressive, the atrium in particular has the wow factor.

Dear Scotty129,

Many thanks for you recent review.

It was really great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and in particular your kind comments regards the food & team. Our review's mean a lot to the team so I will make sure I share your kind words.

Once again thank you & we hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stay in ICHotel Group Hotels more than I stay at home. I've only stayed at The Crowne Plazza Nottingham twice, but the things I've disliked the most:

a) small, out dated rooms - needs a lick of paint and also the TVs are tiny (reflecting the size of the rooms) - though at least they are flat screen I suppose.
b) some of the front desk staff are very miserable, not on par with the customer service from other CP properties or even Holiday Inns.
c) limited recognition for being a platinum Priority member - Fair enough not everyone can be upgraded to the lounge floor, but most other hotels offer a free drink/movie or points voucher - I've never even been asked whether I've wanted my newspaper.

As many of the properties are franchised, this is a particularly poorly managed one.

Altogether a poor experience, which lets down the company brand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear RichieWLDN,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am sincerely sorry that unfortunately you have not enjoyed your recent stays at the hotel and when reading your comments it seems that we also fell below our usual high standards of customer service.

Your comments mean a lot to us and I will certainly pick up your comments regarding reception and also your priority club acknowledgement with those concerned.

Once again my apologies and should you be thinking of returning to the hotel please contact me personally.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed there last week for work. The room was a good size. I found the breakfast good too. The only downside was the cost. £15.95!!! I wished the hotel offered a free WIFI service. The one which was offered was very expensive. The on site gym and pool is very nice. If you bring a car, parking is £12 a day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KalpsChhy
Dear KalpsChhy,

Thank you so much for your recent review. It was great to read your comments regarding your breakfast experience which I will make sure I pass onto the team as they mean a lot to them.

Regarding Wi-Fi we offer complimentary 30 minute vouchers for guests to use in the bar and lobby areas, so should you return please ask reception for one of these vouchers

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed here twice and both times the experience has not been great. The first time the air conditioning wasnt working in the rooms and the room was very tired looking. The second time we decided to eat in the restaurant but on looking at the menu and the prices we swiftly left for an outside restaurant. The breakfast was not very exciting and given the size of the plates you will not get alot for your money. Had it not been our conference headquarters hotel we would have booked somewhere else

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Joeybum,

Thank you for your recent review.

My apologies as it is clear from your review that unfortunately you did not enjoy your stay. i must admit that I was surprised to read your comments regarding our restaurant menu as it is new menu that we have received positive feedback on and have a great deal when two people dine.

We are also in the process of looking at replacing the plate warmer at breakfast so that we are able to offer larger plates.

Once again thank you for your review

red_fioro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night and though it was very busy, we were greeted well. Reception staff were very friendly and checked us in quickly and efficiently.

We stayed in an executive room and it was much smaller than we had expected but the furniture, fixtures etc looked new and clean. Being in the city centre it is, understandably, quite noisy outside but they do provide you with ear plugs, which I thought was considerate.

Breakfast staff were friendly and the buffet selection was good, what you would expect for a standard hot buffet breakfast.

We did try to ring the reception several times in the evening and got no response, I then tried again in the morning and had a similar problem. Someone did eventually answer the phone, though they didn't sound too happy about it!

Overall, it is a nice hotel if you are looking for something a bit more upmarket than the cheap and cheerful travel lodge type digs. It is within walking distance of the town centre and has parking onsite.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a 'Quiet' room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Red_fioro,

Many thanks for your recent review and in particular your kind words regarding your arrival and also breakfast experience. Comments such as yours mean a lot to myself and the team and I will certainly share your comments with them.

My apologies that the telephone in reception was not answered in our usual standard and in a timely manner I will make sure that I pick this up with the relevant team members.

Once again thank you for your review