“lovely weekend away :)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Nottingham
Cannock, United Kingdom
“lovely weekend away :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for 2nights, never been to nottingham before but will deffernatly return!
Hotel is very 'wow', carnt say one bad word about it.
Check in was very quick and easy, staff directed us to our room which was very cosey.Nice chocs and water and lots of tea/coffee/choc facilitys.Never slept in such a comfortable bed, we didnt want to get out of it!!
We didnt have breakfast but walking through the hotel in the morning made us wish we had it, smelt lovely.
We went out on the friday night and returned around 1am where there were security in the reception which was a nice touch, and he was also very frendly.

Overall glad we choose nottingham and very pleased we picked the crown plaza!!

Room Tip: remember the parking is £12, good price and very secure!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear vicky r,

Thank you so much for your recent review. It was great to read that you really enjoyed your trip to Nottingham and your stay in the hotel.

I will certainly share your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Natalia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We Stayed here on the 1st October for one night. We booked the King Size Executive Room which entitles you to entrance into the Club Lounge. The club lounge is open all day serving complimentary hot drinks and soft drinks. Complimentary Alcoholic drinks were served between 5pm and 10pm which consisted of red and white wine and bottled lager . Canapés were also served with the drinks.
Tip if the Club Lounge runs out of a particular drink then just phone down to the reception and they will restock the fridge.
The hotel and bedrooms were very clean .
We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahJA1970
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear SarahJA1970,

Many thanks for recent review.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and the benefits of the Club Lounge. I will certainly share your comments with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a hen party last weekend and i have to say what a lovely hotel this is! It has a lovely spacious bar to enjoy a nice relaxing drink (As we were in a hen party we recieved 2 for 1 drink vouchers which made the drinks very reasonable.)
The bedrooms were lovely too, very peaceful and spacious. Breakfast is held in a big area downstairs so you never struggle finding a seat, also a large variety to choose from including sausage,bacon or egg or fresh fruit yogurts or cereals. I would defenitly stay here again however the only negative is the price of the carpark which is £12 for 24 hours which for a guest at the hotel staying for 2 nights is quite alot.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jemsmith24,

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was great to read such a positive review and hope that you had a great hen weekend!

I will certainly share your comments with the team at the hotel as they mean a lot.

Please pass our best wishes onto the hen & hope the wedding is fabulous.

Manchester - UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

One of the most depressing hotel experiences I have ever had. This is ‘Crowne Plaza’ by name only – nothing else. Please be aware. I paid £95 for Bed & Breakfast on a Thursday evening and then they slug you for another £12 per night car parking charge – scandalous!
The rooms are genuinely tiny. I had a double room but no question if there were 2 of you in the room you would truly struggle. The standard and quality of the room and furnishings are poor. To say the rooms are ‘tired’ would a genuine understatement. Major investment in room upgrades and refurbishment is urgently required. I should have guessed at the things to come when I saw the 2 sets of ear plugs in the room that are provided by the hotel (genuinely). The hotel room walls are tissue paper thin. I could clearly hear the couple in the next room having a conversation – no problem. So no doubt they could also hear me. The real fun started at around 1.30am… The hotel is located right next door to the Roxy nightclub. At closing time hoards of students & drunks spill on to road directly below the hotel along with cars, taxis and God knows what else. The noise and din makes it impossible to get any sleep whatsoever. This racket continued non-stop to around 3.45am then things slowly quietened down.
I complained when checking out and was offered a 25% reduction on the room rate and free car parking – wow!
Apart from the reception area this hotel is very poor. I will honestly never stay there again – ever. If you are looking for a spacious, comfy, quiet hotel room then this is NOT the place to stay.
My advice would be to stay at the Holiday Inn Express a few hundred yards away where the rooms are bigger, better furnished and quieter and at around half the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank MancuianTroubadour
Dear Mancuian Troubador,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your recent stay.

It is clear from your review that you do not enjoy your stay for which I apologise. Rest assured your comments regarding the decor of your bedroom will be forwarded onto our property department for review.

I am sincerely sorry that the noise from Rock City kept you awake during your stay. This is something that we regularly review in conjunction with the local authorities and take action where necessary.

What was most disappointing was to read that you would never return to the hotel as we strive ourselves on having many happy returning guests week after week, which is of paramount importance to the successful running of the hotel.

If you were to consider returning in the future, please contact me directly at the hotel.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

was met by the unsmiling, demotivated Julie on arrival to the Urban Rooms spa, exasperated at having to repeat her "instructions" for our day ahead ("no swimming until 11.30 as there are lessons on until then. You must be in the reception area at 10.55 for your massage, and be here for your lunch at 12.25 which is sandwiches -- no substitutions allowed") even if it WAS a Groupon offer (all the more reason to be friendly so we help you recruit more visitors -- duh!). Pump in jacuzzi intermittently worked, light bulbs blown out above pool (do they have a Facilities Management team at the hotel?). Perhaps Crowne Plaza could invest in training their staff who are in the customer service front-line as this was a pretty grim experience. Think they should do better...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MuseofMarketing
Dear MuseofMarketing,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your spa visit.

I was truly shocked to read your comments regarding Julie form Urban rooms as we have never received anything but positive comments from her clients. Whilst Urban rooms are a business within the hotel, I will certainly pass your comments on. I do know that Julie and her team have completed many Groupon treatments recently and have had great comments.

I noted form your comments that there were a few lightbulbs out on poolside and can confirm that when I checked all were working correctly. We do complete daily checks in this area and report any defects to our maintenance team.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed on 28 th of jan with my partner all in all a good night room and bathroom was standard but spotless. We booked an exclusive room so was a little disappointed how standard it was and for £89 without breckfast + £12 for parking in their own hotel carpark has put me off a returning. Hotel facilities were v good only used the spa and had a drink in the bar area. All the staff were v pleasant and helpfull. All in all a comfortable but standard night.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear 943chrisw,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the end of January.

It was great to read that your bedroom and bathroom were spotless and I will certainly pass these comments onto our Housekeeping team.

It was particularly pleasing to read that you found all of our team to be very pleasant and helpful.

I am sorry that you found our car parking prices to be expensive, we regularly carry our reviews of our prices and find that we fall in line with other city centre hotels.

Thank you once aging for your feedback.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

The hotel is really good, in a central location and near a tram route. I was on the 8th floor on the Club level, lots of perks including complimentary food and drinks all day, with wine and beer available on an evening. The room was extremely clean and comfortable. I was surprised to see ear plugs, but at 3:00 am I saw why they are essential. There is a music venue opposite the hotel, the main noise are Taxi drivers hooting their horns to get through the crowds. Why the Police don't act on this is beyond me. That is the only downside for me, earplugs in and a good nights sleep. Bathroom is typical for a hotel of this age, not the best but equally not the worst. Breakfast is good both the paid one and the Club Lounge one. Wi-fi is for a fee, with very limited roaming access. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side away from Rock City
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AUKTourist
Dear AUK Tourist,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.

It was great to read that you would return to the hotel in the future and that you enjoyed our Club lounge and its benefits.

I also noted that you found your bedroom to be extremely clean and you enjoyed breakfast. I know that my Head Chef and Head Housekeeper will be particularly pleased when I share your comments with them.

I also read that unfortunately you experienced some noise from outside of the hotel, namely the taxis. This is something that we keep a regular review on and work closely with the local authorities.

Once again thank you for your positive review and I do hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon