“very good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Leeds
“very good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went with National Holidays for a short break and despite all the negative reviews we found the hotel very good value for money, our room although small was adequate and despite being on the 3rd floor was very quiet at night ( we went midweek so maybe we avoided the weekend revellers!).
The food was really good and unlike some of the moaners we actually prefer self service as you can have as much or little of what you like )
We did hear a few people having a go at the hotel as we always do on these holidays but all I can say is if you want 5 star luxury go stay in a 5 star hotel and pay for it !

1 Thank hissyfitLeeds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

the hotel was a little tired, the food was very nice and good value and the hospitality of the staff was excellent,
especially the bar staff Joe, Bobbie, Dean, Leon, and Steve the entertainer, who all went out of there way to provide a very enjoyable friendly experience.
Well done Lads,
Cheers Tim

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had booked into a standard double room a few weeks in advance. On booking the room the lady on the phone asked if i had any specific requests, I explained to her that the reason I was staying the night was because I had an important exam early in the morning the next day. She was very understanding and said she would put a specific note in my reservation for a high floor and away from the road.

On arrival their were two employees standing at the desk chatting away as I stood at the desk they continued to chat away and it was only when the phone ran that I was acknowledged by one of them with a simple hand up as she answered and dealt with the person on the phone, the other employee simply walked off at this point. So I stood and waited for her to finish the call.

After she had finished with the call she checked me in and I headed for my room. My room was on the 4th floor of the building and was undesirable to say the least, to begin with my pleads for a quiet room had gone unnoticed or unheard as I was opposite the lift secondly I was overlooking the roof of the multistory car park which appeared to be a hang out for local drunks and what appeared to be a bar. I called down to the reception to find out if there was another room I could stay in and was informed the hotel was fully booked.The room itself was cleanish, with my only qualm being the cleanliness of the bathroom.

All through the night you could hear the loud music coming from the pub along with the traffic noise from the road. when the music eventually stopped at about 3am you were allowed to sleep for a short period of time until being awoken by the staff dumping the bottles into the bottle bins.

Definitely not a hotel I would suggest staying in if you wanted a good nights sleep. However the location could not be better just a stones throw away from the city centre (Market Square).

Room Tip: High floor, room with climate control, room away from entrance
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Dundee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is good value for money. I booked an Executive room which I think was worth it. It's the equivalent to a good standard room.... I heard the standard rooms at the hotel are not so great.

The air conditioning didn't work in my room which sucked. You can open the windows slightly but there was no breeze.

It's very centrally located and attached to an NCP. Can be pricey but the hotel offers a discount of 9GBP for 24 hours.

I would use the hotel again as it served my purpose very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side to hotel entrance as the Chambers bar downstairs is rowdy.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here on a 4 night coach trip, a receptionist came on coach to give us our key cards so no queuing which was good. We were in what was described as an executive suite, the fridge/cooler didn't work, the air con didn't work we had to have the windows open as it was lovely weather but the traffic noise was horrendous, all night long as well. The carpets were filthy and the sofa looked as though someone had been sick on it. we reported the state of the sofa and someone was there within 10 mins, but didn't really have a solution except to turn the seating cushion over, which is what they did. Having said that the food was really good, and a good choice, with vegetarian choice as well, and the breakfast was excellent, the staff were all pleasant, but sadly it didn't make up for the shortcomings, so wont be staying here again.

1 Thank hrpshar
Hull. England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived as part of a coach party and stayed 2 nights.
The rooms are very dated. The valance on the bed looked as if it was made out of a sack it was brown and just hung off the bottom of the bed, I think a double had been put on a single bed.
There was no way to control the temperature of the room and during our stay it was very hot. The air conditioning went off at 11pm and came on at 7am. We had to leave our window open and unfortunately there was a bar across the road that was open until 2am and very noisy when the revellers were leaving.
We had real problems with our key card and it had to be re set.
When we arrived unfortunately 2 coaches arrived at the same time and there was only one woman on reception. I have to admit she did an amazing job booking everyone in in record time.
The hotel is perfectly placed if you want to explore Nottingham centre and is very close to the castle. The tram is very useful in getting around the city as well.
We had a 3 course buffet meal both nights with coffee also available and the quality was very good both nights. The breakfast was also very good.

Room Tip: Not one that overlooks the multi storey car park.
1 Thank shazzy39
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

terrible experience...hygiene was terrible...smelt ...sheets were threadbare and the bed ohh the bed was atrocious. I did not enjoy anything about this hotel, not the customer service, not the breakfast or facilities. I will definitely not go there again.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel ...it is fit to be torn down.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple