The Britannia Nottingham Hotel
$72
$82
$75
$62
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$59
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
$70
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$50
$49
$60
$53
Priceline
1,400 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Britannia at the end of July on a coach trip. I have to say I read the reviews after I booked the city break and was a bit like 'uohhh'. But the price we paid was amazing and the location of the hotel was great Tesco was round the corner and we were right next to the shops and bars. Yes the hotel looks dated but you’re not going to get a hotel with gardens etc... when you’re in the middle of a city and you’re not paying for the Hilton. You get what you pay for.

The room was large and yes the furniture was a bit dated but it served its purpose. It was clean, smelt fresh, the beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean. After all we only used our room to sleep in so it suited us fine as we were out shopping all day. We were on the 5th floor and had a view of the castle and other buildings in the city centre. The 99p bar was fab. The bar staff Dean and Bobby couldn't be more helpful and created entertained for everyone along with the quiz/bingo man.

We had 2 evening meals and 2 breakfast included in our package and there was always something for everyone. The breakfast sorted our hangover right out and the evening meal was at a reasonable time. Ian the chef was very friendly and produced a variety of excellent food and the rest of the staff couldn’t have been any more helpful.... Apart from management could arrange to have the second lift fixed, we could walk the stairs so we did (with cases etc...) but there were lots of people there who couldn’t and this was a big inconvenience to them as they were waiting along time (apparently it had been like that for weeks).

At the end of the day you get what you pay for and your stay is what you make it. We met some lovely people on our coach trip and we had a great stay. We would certainly do this again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere cheap to stay that is very close to the shops and bars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fidaz2007
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Back again a year later and the same old story. Reception more interested in the computer than the customer, room OK but in need of a makeover, especially the bathroom where the tiles were hanging off, the restaurant was less sticky this time but still had a dingy feel about it and the tea in the urn was disgusting which is a shame as there was a terrific selection of speciality teas and I would happily have used a breakfast tea bag with hot water rather than the made up undrinkable concoction in the urn. However, all that said the location is excellent and that is what drags it up to three star for me (just). Don't forget to ask for a breakfast voucher and a car park voucher as they give discounts but you have to prise that out of the reception staff as they are not offered willingly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank barry m
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is pretty good for a budget one, but not perfect. The location is the number one attraction; it's really central. Buses are great but you can walk to anywhere in the city centre very soon. Cars are less well catered for: there's lots of mid-priced multi-storey parking, but nowhere to comfortably load and unload.

The rooms seem to vary in size (and smell of smoke) quite a lot. But they aren't bad, always feeling quite cosy. There are (empty) minibars in some. TVs are small. There are trouser presses and hair dryers and nice old-fashioned toiletries. Breakfast and late-night bar are old-fashioned but completely acceptable and something you just won't find at the local Travelodges.

Staff are not massively helpful if there's a problem with cleaning for example. And they have been known to overbook and "lose" bookings. (I've several friends who regularly use this hotel because of the location and keen pricing.) So I'd strongly recommend turning up in plenty of time to make alternative arrangements just in case.

Look out for special offers on their website from time to time, and book far in advance to get the best deals.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel enterance is a bit on a side street so make sure you check on Google Maps before where to go.

Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Plenty of room to walk around and to store clothes, etc.

Only fault with room was the bath - the plug got stuck in it! Give me the fright of my life!

I would also watch out as a sign says you can't bring in outside food into your rooms - although I managed to sneek in a Chicken Korma from down the road (the disgusting korma is another story!).

I would fully recomend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap stay in Nottingham.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drew B
Reviewed August 5, 2013

the hotel overall needed a good clean, our room was dirty, no aircon.
Although the food and taff were very good the restaurant was very tired looking but cleaner than our room, it could do with a through clean and modernization programme introduced.
I would not recommend to anyone never mind a friend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple