My friend and I stayed at the Britannia at the end of July on a coach trip. I have to say I read the reviews after I booked the city break and was a bit like 'uohhh'. But the price we paid was amazing and the location of the hotel was great Tesco was round the corner and we were right next to the shops and bars. Yes the hotel looks dated but you’re not going to get a hotel with gardens etc... when you’re in the middle of a city and you’re not paying for the Hilton. You get what you pay for.
The room was large and yes the furniture was a bit dated but it served its purpose. It was clean, smelt fresh, the beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean. After all we only used our room to sleep in so it suited us fine as we were out shopping all day. We were on the 5th floor and had a view of the castle and other buildings in the city centre. The 99p bar was fab. The bar staff Dean and Bobby couldn't be more helpful and created entertained for everyone along with the quiz/bingo man.
We had 2 evening meals and 2 breakfast included in our package and there was always something for everyone. The breakfast sorted our hangover right out and the evening meal was at a reasonable time. Ian the chef was very friendly and produced a variety of excellent food and the rest of the staff couldn’t have been any more helpful.... Apart from management could arrange to have the second lift fixed, we could walk the stairs so we did (with cases etc...) but there were lots of people there who couldn’t and this was a big inconvenience to them as they were waiting along time (apparently it had been like that for weeks).
At the end of the day you get what you pay for and your stay is what you make it. We met some lovely people on our coach trip and we had a great stay. We would certainly do this again and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere cheap to stay that is very close to the shops and bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This purpose built hotel is situated near to Nottingham Castle, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Victoria Shopping Centre and the Nottingham City business district, making it an ideal location for both business and pleasure. Nottingham is also renowned for its vibrant and popular nightlife and this hotel is a short walk to all the popular bars and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Britannia Nottingham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Nottingham Hotel Nottingham
- Nottingham Britannia Hotel
- Britannia Hotel Nottingham