The Britannia Nottingham Hotel
Hart's Hotel(Nottingham)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,392 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this place (and had my booking confirmed) some months before the opening Ashes Test Match as part of a special treat for my young son. Imagine my surprise when - the week before the game - I received a curt e-mail from the 'hotel' telling me they had overbooked and were relocating us to a place on the hard shoulder of the motorway between Nottingham and Derby. I was shocked but thought that, once I had explained the immense inconvenience that the relocation would cause my son and I, they would understand and re-consider. Not so! The 'manager's response to my anxious suggestion that the remoteness of the motorway hotel might lead to travel difficulties and subsequently jeopardise our enjoyment of a hugely anticipated special day was 'get a bus' !!
I have stayed in hotels all over the world and believe that 'peace of mind', in terms of reliability on the part of a hotel to honour it's commitment to a booking, is paramount to the satisfaction of the customer. If you feel the same - don't touch this place with a Nottingham Canal bargepole!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Will N
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Tired, average staff, no room service, no bar, overall a typical poor english hotel. The room i had however was ok and given thats alli needed, fit for purpose. Ok for me but if i had been anaussie staying there a few nights for the ashes then i would not have been impressed

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Staying here over the Ashes so paying over the odds for a room in this hotel which rubs salt in the wound really.

It's plus point is its very central, beyond that I can't think of anything nice to stay.

From the reception to the corridors to the rooms, it's very tired and grubby looking and in need of refurbishment, which could be countered by having nice, helpful staff, but unfortunately our experience is it doesn't. Came back from a long, hot day at the cricket to find our room not touched at all when we had spoken to the room maid on our way out about an extra towel. The receptionist didn't see it as worth apologising for as she had only just come on. Obviously she doesn't represent the hotel at all only herself and 'house-keeping had gone home'.

I know from previous visits there are a lot of three star hotels in Nottingham who make an effort and don't act like they've given up. Try them and don't bother with this one. Can't wait to leave.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank catweazle63_9
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Booked this hotel back in January for my cousin to be close to us,staying at Park Plaza across the road.Two weeks ago we received an email stating they the type of room available and had moved her to Best Western in Nottingham,which ended up being a hotel 8 miles away...great to be close to family...extremely unhappy especially as a room and confirmed so far ahead..we understand the cricket is on but our booking should have been upheld...do not feel confident of your booking with this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Midreaming
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We booked last minute on 'laterooms.com' and got this bargain hotel for £41 + £5 p/p for breakfast, the total stay came to £51. For the price the hotel is value for money.

However the room itself was somewhere to crash but not somewhere really to relax. Our 'double' room was two single beds pushed together with a gap in the middle. The double sheet which the maid had tried to put on did not fit over two single beds so was left half on half off. The bedding was not clean there was a stain on the sheet, fag burn in the sheet and a rip through the duvet cover. The walls were covered in dirty marks and hand prints and had a lot of odd stains up them. The headboard was broken, the desk chair was broken and the arm chair was filthy. Everything looked like it needed a good clean, the TV, Windows etc were all dirty. The bathroom was reasonably clean and had fresh towels etc.

The staff however were very polite we arrived early and was able to check in and go to our room straight away. The breakfast was nice, plenty of choice and good quality for the price. Staff at breakfast we're all polite, happy to help and friendly.

Overall we enjoyed our stay in Nottingham there was plenty to do and the hotel was ok. I wouldn't be rushing back to stay again but if the hotel was the same price i would still stay here again.

Room Tip: We we're on floor 1 and was still quite so i don't think it matters where you are in the hotel it is pretty quite. Also you can choose smoking or non smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple