It is all about the location for this hotel. Without that it was be getting just a one star! The reception area was dark and un-welcoming. However, the receptionist was friendly and helpful. The room was extremely spacious and had the potential to be a fabulous suite. However, it lacked care and attention. The cleanliness/maintenance was poor:
The chair had a stain on it
The carpet was vacuumed to the point of the chair
The bin had the previous residents' rubbish in
The shampoo was part used
The pillow case was on inside out and the pillows had stains on
The tap was not secure and there was no plug for the sink
However, if your expectations are low (and based on the low price they should be!) then the location is perfect for the city centre. I was surprised that it was quiet despite being on a main road. Plus, the views of the city and Nottingham Castle from my room (907) were brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This purpose built hotel is situated near to Nottingham Castle, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Victoria Shopping Centre and the Nottingham City business district, making it an ideal location for both business and pleasure. Nottingham is also renowned for its vibrant and popular nightlife and this hotel is a short walk to all the popular bars and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Britannia Nottingham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Nottingham Hotel Nottingham
- Nottingham Britannia Hotel
- Britannia Hotel Nottingham